Robert Mackie?

lnathan

After reading Moz's letters to his penpal, Robert Mackie, I am really curious to know who this person is and especially what he wrote back to Moz. Does any one have, or know someone who have, or know how to get any information about this person?
For instance...I'm dying to know what he replied to this:

Do you really like Kate Bush? I'm not surprised. The nicest thing I could say about her is that she's unbearable. That voice! Such trash! You'll learn, Sonny. Have you noticed I've called you 'Sonny' three time? Does it annoy you at all? Please answer.

Or this:

Thank you for your letter which had nothing remotely to do with the English language as we know it. I shall light a candle for you this Sunday - how else could you be saved?
This jigsaw business is really gripping I just can't wait to get it completed (yawn).
Thank you for the photo. Has anyone ever told you that you look like Grace Jones? You sound like a real fun kid. The postcard was a scream - I feel asleep reading it. Is it too late to ignore your Sounds ad?

Or this:

Oh, and thank you for your photo. It came in handy until the plumber arrived. Did you know you had a dead caterpillar on your lip? Real deco, man. You could have smiled but it's dreadfully unfashionable, isn't it? Observe the enclosed piccy of your author, disguised as an artiste. This photograph is suitable for framing. Incidentally your real name IS Robert, isn't it? Everyone in Scotland is either Robert or Billy or Jimmae. Have you got a real Scottish accent? How novel! Why don't you join a traveling circus?

Really fascinating reading. My god, what an obnoxious young man! But so funny, which makes it easy to forgive him.

Moz letters: http://www.torr.org/moz/letters.htm

There's a questions and answer section on Julia's True to you site:

http://www.true-to-you.net/

Not being funny, but it looks like Moz's writing and sounds like him, but is there any PROOF it's all from him, or just some nutter talking crap?

Why not ask 'the man' himslef the question????

(I've never got a reply to any questions I've asked him.........)

I suppose you're right that they could very well be fake. The fact that this Robert person is no where to be found is a little suspicious. But as you say...it sounds like him, and it looks like his writing.

But if they are in fact fake then I guess the man himself would be interested in knowing that they are out there so he can denie their "realness" (so sorry for my bad English)

lnathan said:
I suppose you're right that they could very well be fake. The fact that this Robert person is no where to be found is a little suspicious. But as you say...it sounds like him, and it looks like his writing.

But if they are in fact fake then I guess the man himself would be interested in knowing that they are out there so he can denie their "realness" (so sorry for my bad English)

Yes indeed.

But the writing, and the things they say are just so Moz!!

I might look on True To You and see when the next questions and answers is!!

lnathan said:
After reading Moz's letters to his penpal, Robert Mackie, I am really curious to know who this person is and especially what he wrote back to Moz. Does any one have, or know someone who have, or know how to get any information about this person?
For instance...I'm dying to know what he replied to this:

Do you really like Kate Bush? I'm not surprised. The nicest thing I could say about her is that she's unbearable. That voice! Such trash! You'll learn, Sonny. Have you noticed I've called you 'Sonny' three time? Does it annoy you at all? Please answer.

Or this:

Thank you for your letter which had nothing remotely to do with the English language as we know it. I shall light a candle for you this Sunday - how else could you be saved?
This jigsaw business is really gripping I just can't wait to get it completed (yawn).
Thank you for the photo. Has anyone ever told you that you look like Grace Jones? You sound like a real fun kid. The postcard was a scream - I feel asleep reading it. Is it too late to ignore your Sounds ad?

Or this:

Oh, and thank you for your photo. It came in handy until the plumber arrived. Did you know you had a dead caterpillar on your lip? Real deco, man. You could have smiled but it's dreadfully unfashionable, isn't it? Observe the enclosed piccy of your author, disguised as an artiste. This photograph is suitable for framing. Incidentally your real name IS Robert, isn't it? Everyone in Scotland is either Robert or Billy or Jimmae. Have you got a real Scottish accent? How novel! Why don't you join a traveling circus?

Really fascinating reading. My god, what an obnoxious young man! But so funny, which makes it easy to forgive him.

Moz letters: http://www.torr.org/moz/letters.htm

I always wondered what Robert's letters looked like as well...I always imagine them as quite dull..not sure why.

Back
Top Bottom