Morrissey Central "ROBERT GORDON" (October 19, 2022)

ROBERT GORDON

Robert-Gordon-3_awcjsr.jpg

RG_kcenrx.png

1947-2022

Screenshot_20221019-194927~2.png

As per the Book Of Condolence yesterday.
Music videos of his have featured in Morrissey's pre-show videos.
Regards,
FWD.

I’ve never heard of this chap, but after a you tube search, it’s something I could certainly get into.
I’m left wondering which of his song that I might of heard during the pre show Mozz songs.
And whilst I’m on about it.... I much prefer the Mozz music to any warm up act .

Mozz does know how to warm
Us all up 🥳

Thank you Robert for playing real rock and roll in the midst of the disco-ridden seventies!! RIP

I got into Robert Gordon yrs ago after becoming a fan of Marshall Crenshaw (the writer of Someday, Someway, the song played before Moz gigs in 2008). I'd seen him decades previously in The Loveless movie from 1981 but didn't really take note. (The Loveless is a freaking great rock and roll movie btw). The fact Robert wasn't a songwriter himself may have limited his ability to become more than a cult act but.......he was a cool guy, that didn't take any sh*t.

The succession of people :pray:

I'd imagine Boz is still involved behind the scenes. We'll probably see him back on stage from time to time?

I was lucky enough to have seen him live in 1979, on his Rockabilly Boogie tour (with Chris Spedding). Great singer!!!

I got into Robert Gordon yrs ago after becoming a fan of Marshall Crenshaw (the writer of Someday, Someway, the song played before Moz gigs in 2008). I'd seen him decades previously in The Loveless movie from 1981 but didn't really take note. (The Loveless is a freaking great rock and roll movie btw). The fact Robert wasn't a songwriter himself may have limited his ability to become more than a cult act but.......he was a cool guy, that didn't take any sh*t.
Such a nice boy Ste ....
When ya wonna be 😉😉

Think I was at them gigs FWD and
Annon. Somehow rings a dusty
Olde bell.
But still what a beautiful singer .
Thanks all .

One of my fave intro vids

ROBERT GORDON

View attachment 85316
View attachment 85315

1947-2022

View attachment 85313

As per the Book Of Condolence yesterday.
Music videos of his have featured in Morrissey's pre-show videos.
Regards,
FWD.
A go fund me page was set up to assist with medical expenses. Now to use to help with bills and funeral expenses. "He foight for his life". https://gofund.me/379d4db0

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom