Robbie Williams NME interview: "I do the same thing that Morrissey does." (September 6, 2022)

“I do the same thing that Morrissey does. I’m not saying in any way, shape or form that I’m as good as or better than Morrissey, I’m just saying: I do the same thing. He sings to melody and puts a lyric to it. Same with Elton – he does it the other way around. It’s only annoying when there’s disrespect brought to it. I’m not bothered, but if it’s levelled against me that I don’t [write] or it’s ‘his songwriters’, then I’m like, ‘f*** you’.”

https://www.nme.com/features/music-...arn-morrissey-take-that-new-album-xxv-3303152

Robbie Williams is cool. I remember he wanted to do a duet with Morrissey around YATQ, but Morrissey declined. The next year Morrissey wanted to make a duet of You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' (with David Bowie), but then it was Morrissey who got turned down

Last edited:
Never been a big fan of his music, but Robbie does tell a funny anecdote or two. Would have loved to have seen him do a duet with our Moz.

Robbie Williams is cool. I remember he wanted to do a duet with Morrissey around YATQ, but Morrissey declined. The next year Morrissey wanted to make a duet of You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin', but then it was Morrissey who got turned down
Yes, this is true but he also wanted to kiss Morrissey on the mouth at the end ala Madonna. That might not have left the best taste in his mouth having to follow a cheap PR stunt that's been done a bunch of times.

Yes, this is true but he also wanted to kiss Morrissey on the mouth at the end ala Madonna. That might not have left the best taste in his mouth having to follow a cheap PR stunt that's been done a bunch of times.
With David Bowie, I forgot to mention

dont mind the robster,his favourite award in his career is the golden joystick from gamesmaster,remember that.

Robbie can look great sometimes and the song Angels was fairly catchy. He's done very well for himself and was paid an absolute fortune along with his wife to be panelists on that horror show The X-Factor. But....I wouldn't wanna see him duet with Moz on any song cos they are worlds apart. Robbie is populist mainstream radio friendly diposable cardboard pop. Moz is a totally different and incomparable class of artist.

OMG I am amazed there is no one pulling Robbie up on this, He does not do anything like what M does. .
First, his songs (including lyrics ) are mostly written by other people not him . Second. He only mentioned M to get his name with M
Everyone in the business knows Robbie hardly writes any of his own words - especially Angles (which is f***ing shit anyway). There is a reason his "songwriting partners" were known for words, not just music.
Also, has anyone forgotten just how f***ing good M is a writer, he changed his art form, he is influential in the music art form - in terms of words, subject matter and so forth
Robbie is just a Pop Idol contestant before Pop Idol
Don'r get me wrong, fair play to the guy he made $$$$ . He's an ok lightweight entertainer
But he isn't a lyricist like M.
He is certainly isn't "cool" either. shows how f***ing low-brow some of the new fans are or how far M has fallen, if he starts being considered on a par with jokers like Robbie who is basically a more successful Ant and Dec
Even my 12 year old daughter, said "Dad such rubbish people became famous in the 90s Robbie and Jordan, they aren't talented at all"
My son laughs his head off. He says "He looks like Freddie star , how did he ever become a sex symbol " . He's right as well, he is the spit of Frediit Star

Imagine if back in 1992, someone said to you "in 30 years time, the NME will still be writing about Damon Albarn, Morrissey and Robbie Williams"!

Robbie Williams, does not exist!!! He thought it was Moz at one time. God I do not understand why some singers reach so much and others a thousand times more talented live in those social houses in London, which is unfair :weary:

Robbie can look great sometimes and the song Angels was fairly catchy. He's done very well for himself and was paid an absolute fortune along with his wife to be panelists on that horror show The X-Factor. But....I wouldn't wanna see him duet with Moz on any song cos they are worlds apart. Robbie is populist mainstream radio friendly diposable cardboard pop. Moz is a totally different and incomparable class of artist.
Exactly!!! The song of the angel... and nothing else is known about RW. What a duo can you do with Moz!! Very good Moz in not accepting!!!! Mozus on another level

Robbie Williams isn’t even discussable amongst any people who have any self respect. In other words, Robbie Williams is a nice, strong, clear line in the sand to draw. And if you’re standing on the same side as other people who also like him….well, let’s just say that you’ve definitely lost your way somewhere in life

Some lives are lost in mediocrity and others are not......🤷‍♀️

Robbie Williams isn’t even discussable amongst any people who have any self respect. In other words, Robbie Williams is a nice, strong, clear line in the sand to draw. And if you’re standing on the same side as other people who also like him….well, let’s just say that you’ve definitely lost your way somewhere in life
He is way more successful than Morrissey so a lot more people are on his side. Sorry.

OMG I am amazed there is no one pulling Robbie up on this, He does not do anything like what M does. .
First, his songs (including lyrics ) are mostly written by other people not him . Second. He only mentioned M to get his name with M
Everyone in the business knows Robbie hardly writes any of his own words - especially Angles (which is f***ing shit anyway). There is a reason his "songwriting partners" were known for words, not just music.
Also, has anyone forgotten just how f***ing good M is a writer, he changed his art form, he is influential in the music art form - in terms of words, subject matter and so forth
Robbie is just a Pop Idol contestant before Pop Idol
Don'r get me wrong, fair play to the guy he made $$$$ . He's an ok lightweight entertainer
But he isn't a lyricist like M.
He is certainly isn't "cool" either. shows how f***ing low-brow some of the new fans are or how far M has fallen, if he starts being considered on a par with jokers like Robbie who is basically a more successful Ant and Dec
Even my 12 year old daughter, said "Dad such rubbish people became famous in the 90s Robbie and Jordan, they aren't talented at all"
My son laughs his head off. He says "He looks like Freddie star , how did he ever become a sex symbol " . He's right as well, he is the spit of Frediit Star
Lol one of the Kids mates said not omly was it dumb to compare himdelf with master poet , lyricist and singer supreme M.
But its mental to compare himself to Elton "who wrote loads of classics .
70s Elton was fantastic, at times "
True
With one of the biggist record labels in the wotld a truck load of simger somgwriters writing his songs he still hasnt come close to equalling even one of Ms worst songs
He just isnt an artizt .
Which is fne , but dont pretend you are mate .

I had to laugh at this comment as well
"Look at him, he's not even 50 and hes had , at least, 3 hair transplants, loads of botox and a number of operations on his boat race. He's another Elton John in that respect. Even starting to look like old Reg."
True as well
No matter how much plastic surgery he has , no matter how photoshopped his photos are, and they have mental photoshop. even with all that, he always looks like Freddie Starr
It used to be Freddie Starr with a hint of Norman Wisdom. Now he looks like Freddie star and dash of Elton. Lol.

He is way more successful than Morrissey so a lot more people are on his side. Sorry.
And we all know the more fans you have the better you are right? I better get on the right side of things and swap my Moz discs for his quick smart!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom