Robbie Williams: I wanted to be Morrissey

I don't know much about Robbie WIlliams - just a few songs. To be honest, I've never really even listened that close to his lyrics, but I think it's always a wonderful thing for any artist to want to be like Morrissey or to say that he is a huge influence on them. I wonder, however, if Robbie just sat down and honestly wrote lyrics, and stopped saying "I want to be this person", or "I want this to sound like that artist", maybe his fans would find him just as fascinating as the people Robbie admires so much himself?

I don't know. Just my opinion...

If Williams want's to be Morrissey, firstly, he should throw the sex out.
If you don't know, this wee Englishman is addicted in sex.

I like robbie williams a lot,he`s a talented guy i mean his lyrics are not as good as morrissey`s,but he`s good at what he does and he`s a big morrissey fan and tried to be like him,he used to dress like him,robbie has an album called "intensive care" which features a song called "random acts of kindness" and he said this song is "morrissey style" i don`t see the similarity but he does :crazy:

Quite like Robbie Williams too, his music could never mean as much to me as Morrissey's, but there is something about him I like.
Did anyone see him on X Factor last weekend? Bit odd and embarrassing to watch x

I like robbie williams a lot,he`s a talented guy i mean his lyrics are not as good as morrissey`s,but he`s good at what he does and he`s a big morrissey fan and tried to be like him,he used to dress like him,robbie has an album called "intensive care" which features a song called "random acts of kindness" and he said this song is "morrissey style" i don`t see the similarity but he does :crazy:

Maybe it's a 'Such A Little Thing...' allusion.

Williams is an absolute berk (no debate).
However, it's still cool when Moz and mass culture overlap, and Williams is easily the most successful British pop star of the last 20 years.
Also, 'I Just Wanna Feel' is a truly wonderful song.
I'd love to hear proper successful bands and singers do a Moz/Smiths cover album (people like Gallagher, U2, Williams etc) i.e. not the usual half-baked, indie no-marks.

Williams is an absolute berk (no debate).
However, it's still cool when Moz and mass culture overlap, and Williams is easily the most successful British pop star of the last 20 years.
Also, 'I Just Wanna Feel' is a truly wonderful song.
I'd love to hear proper successful bands and singers do a Moz/Smiths cover album (people like Gallagher, U2, Williams etc) i.e. not the usual half-baked, indie no-marks.

i like robbie !! he wears his heart on his sleeve and below the puffed up chest and braggadaccio seems quite insecure and melancholic (bi polar i hear) . he co-writes his own songs ( as moz does) and i am fairly sure the lyrics are his . he was totally in awe of morrissey when they were on rossy together and i think is a genuine fan and not just sayin it for indie cred ! sadly i was once almost moved to tears by robbie when his knebworth gig was shown live on tv and he sang "she's the one" - youtube it and decide if i am just soft ! your superstar tribute album is a good idea - morrisseys "difficult" personality alienates a lot of people and a result a lot of great pop songs have become the treasure of only a precious few , when they deserve mass adoration

Back
Top Bottom