Robbie Keane - Morrissey statement at true-to-you.net

Link posted by an anonymous person:

Robbie Keane - true-to-you.net
21 February 2013

robbie_keane_and_morrissey.jpg

Robbie Keane

It was a joyous head-storm to attend LA Galaxy -v- Club Tijuana last night and to see captain Robbie Keane score in the fourth minute. Why, exactly?
Well, family tree aficionados will be aware that Robbie and I share the same Irish blood; his late grandfather (Thomas Nolan) being my own father's cousin. In filial terms the Irish blood, English heart genetic between Robbie and I is evident - his chin is my chin, my chin is his. Robbie was raised on Captains Road (as was my mother) in Crumlin (Dublin), before he was shipped out to Tallaght. He is a gentleman of the highest caliber (or, if you must, calibre), and to watch him on the pitch - pacing like a lion, as weightless as an astronaut, is pure therapy. Robbie, the pleasure, the privilege is mine.

Morrissey
20 February 2013
Los Angeles

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I don't know a thing about football or Robbie Keane, however when I first saw the picture I could tell right away that he was famous or someone who Morrissey obviously has a lot of respect for. Just look at his body language and expression! He's such a fan boy here! I love seeing this side of Moz :)

Robbie Keane
21 February 2013

Robbie Keane

It was a joyous head-storm to attend LA Galaxy -v- Club Tijuana last night and to see captain Robbie Keane score in the fourth minute. Why, exactly?
Well, family tree aficionados will be aware that Robbie and I share the same Irish blood; his late grandfather (Thomas Nolan) being my own father's cousin. In filial terms the Irish blood, English heart genetic between Robbie and I is evident - his chin is my chin, my chin is his. Robbie was raised on Captains Road (as was my mother) in Crumlin (Dublin), before he was shipped out to Tallaght. He is a gentleman of the highest caliber (or, if you must, calibre), and to watch him on the pitch - pacing like a lion, as weightless as an astronaut, is pure therapy. Robbie, the pleasure, the privilege is mine.

Morrissey
20 February 2013
Los Angeles

Dear Morrissey,

We must, insist on it. Always calibre. Always.

A word of warning; with such ideas if you try to brush past Immigration wearing a ten-gallon hat and a George Hamilton tan, rest assured, you'll go out the way you came in.

With affection,

The pasty, Primark wearing, Samuel Johnson dictionary speaking citizens of Britland.

He also met player Rafael Garcia, who tweeted:
What an honor meeting and chatting with the one and only Morrissey yesterday after the game! #Legend…

I wonder how different things would have been if Beckham was still at the club?

What an honor meeting and chatting with the one and only Morrissey yesterday after the game! #Legend…

Morrissey ? Football ? Sorry "soccer" does she even know/understand the off-side rule ????? Ha ha ha ha . . . . . . .!!!!!!!!

Port Out
Starboard Home
Becks can suck
My big fat bone!

Awww !!!! He looks a proper footballers 'H A B' does'nt he ?

Geez Moz! Keep it in your pants! Sounds like our Morrissey has a crush on his cousin. #kissingcousins And if you're well enough to be out in the cold catching a football game, seems your well enough to be indoors singing.

"the Irish blood, English heart genetic between Robbie and I" - should be 'Robbie and me'. Ah, Steven - so intelligent but sadly undereducated.

"the Irish blood, English heart genetic between Robbie and I" - should be 'Robbie and me
I caught this when I read it, but I did not want to be the first to be called a dick for pointing out Morrissey's poor grammar. He actually has made several grammatical errors in his lyrics, but I have always attributed them to poetic manipulation of the language.

That's sweet. They do have the same chin. There are other similar features as well, like under the eye. Aw...Morrissey is proud :) And he's looking quite handsome, indeed!

Actually, the correct grammar is "between Robbie and me". "Between" is a preposition and, in most cases takes the objective form of the pronoun. You would say between us, not between we; therefore, M should have used "me", not I. He should also say"... they look at you and me and envy makes them cry...", but it would not sound as musical to the ear. While his grammar may not be perfect, the rest of him is, so who gives a f***?

Morrissey is surrounded by leather boots and it looks like Robbie is wearing leather shoes? Doesn't it? Morrissey is also wearing the Xolos colors..red and black and he is in the Galaxy locker room. Weird photo.

AHHHem.:straightface: Embarrassingly enough, when you google Robbie, in certain countries, "the shame of Ireland" types itself in the search box next to his name.
Apparently, it's not because he ran over a lil kid or anything, it has to do with football and Georgia, still, you might want to fix that, like, pay a gangster to break the internet's legs, because it really doesn't make the family look good...

Last edited:
Robbie Keane was in one of the BPL teams I supported ..... SPURS! :)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom