RIP Ian Curtis

This seems like a good thread to hang around...waka waka waka

Do we all agree that Ian Curtis is a legend here?

....I don't think I can add a poll on here can I?

Let's face it....New Order are absolute rubbish! Joy Division/Ian Curtis was the bomb for a short while...

Let's face it....New Order are absolute rubbish! Joy Division/Ian Curtis was the bomb for a short while...

Not completely. They are ok, I am not a big fan of the singer and the music is a bit too poppy electronic. I like Peter Hook's bass though. They have some good songs. Joy Division was way better.

Not completely. They are ok, I am not a big fan of the singer and the music is a bit too poppy electronic. I like Peter Hook's bass though. They have some good songs. Joy Division was way better.

I've never liked New Order....Joy Division they should have simply stopped. New Order simply doesn't have anything to say. Just like when U2 went all Electronic

I've never liked New Order....Joy Division they should have simply stopped. New Order simply doesn't have anything to say. Just like when U2 went all Electronic

It's official, you are not my sister.:p When we first started talking you reminded me of my sister because you guys have similar taste in music, but she loves New Order and hates Bauhaus.

Did I miss the thread about Bob Marley's passing 30 years ago? But we celebrate someone whose singular contribution to popular culture was po faced men in trenchcoats posing in monochrome cos he died too young. Some great tunes but also a lot of dreary shit. Death becomes him though.
And New Order weren't shit, although their music hasn't dated particularly well

Did I miss the thread about Bob Marley's passing 30 years ago? But we celebrate someone whose singular contribution to popular culture was po faced men in trenchcoats posing in monochrome cos he died too young. Some great tunes but also a lot of dreary shit. Death becomes him though.
And New Order weren't shit, although their music hasn't dated particularly well

But the ones you thought were dreary shit might have been someone else's favorite song. Their impact is enormous and still unfolding and of all the similar bands they are the best.

But the ones you thought were dreary shit might have been someone else's favorite song. Their impact is enormous and still unfolding and of all the similar bands they are the best.

How is their impact still unfolding? Genuinely interested in your answer. Personally think if Ian Curtis hadn't of hung himself then Joy Division would not have been celebrated as much as they are. We also wouldn't be subject to the unedifying spectacle of Peter Hook in his 50s ant the pathetic cottage industry that grows every year.

In an attempt to hijack any thread and turn it into a Huddersfield Town forum... how about this touching tribute to Ian from the Yorkshire Republican Army?

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

Is that an 'Achtung Baby' reference?!

" Personally think if Ian Curtis hadn't of hung himself then Joy Division would not have been celebrated as much as they are."
Yes but one could say the same about any artiest that died young.

Personally think if Ian Curtis hadn't of hung himself then Joy Division would not have been celebrated as much as they are.

Personally, I think if Bob Marley hadn't smoked weed, his likeness would not be hung upon the walls of countless college dormitory rooms throughout the world.

Back
Top Bottom