RIP Andy Rourke (May 19, 2023)

aoJ0vqTsewg8x2mWZ71sf24kVGS.jpg

Oh man, this hurts. Tweet from Johnny:

Screenshot_20230519-155603.png

Related items:

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
What tragic news. I can't imagine The Smiths songs without Andy Rourke's basslines. His melodies were integral as support and counterpoint to Johnny's playing.

Now it's too late for reconciliation let alone reformation. Money does indeed change everything.

I met Andy, Mike and Craig a couple of times and had the pleasure of having dinner with Andy and Mike one evening. Both really lovely people.

f*** cancer.

Peace, peace! he is not dead, he doth not sleep--
He hath awakened from the dream of life--
'Tis we, who lost in stormy visions, keep
With phantoms an unprofitable strife,
And in mad trance, strike with our spirit's knife
Invulnerable nothings.--We decay
Like corpses in a charnel; fear and grief
Convulse us and consume us day by day,
And cold hopes swarm like worms within our living clay.
Thanks; reading it in its entirety now.

Wow, this is such sad news. And 40 years to the month since The Smiths released their first single. RIP Andy. The angels will be boogieing to some great bass playing tonight...

The dead of a member of your all- time favorite band fills me with sadness. He was a vital part of the Smiths and he wrote a couple of songs for Morrissey, Yes I Am Blind being one of the crooners that I will keep close to my heart.
RIP.

Very sad news indeed :(

What a strange start to the day, I am working from home today, went to the wardrobe to grab any t-shirt, grabbed The Queen is Dead, ah I havnt worn this in ages!!...then I started work, put the radio on, and heard the sad news..

R.I.P Andy

Smiths (Accept Yourself) fittingly a choice for Simon Pegg on Desert Island Discs, this morning.

There was always four parts to The Smiths sound no matter what some would have you believe, RIP Andy Rourke.

Fast-forward to 4.51….

I’d never heard such a whopping and funky bass sound in British music, the guy paved the way for bassists everywhere. Sleep easy and know that we adored you and forever more…… See you the other room. 🤝

Life..is a pigsty.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom