RIP Andy Rourke (May 19, 2023)

aoJ0vqTsewg8x2mWZ71sf24kVGS.jpg

Oh man, this hurts. Tweet from Johnny:

Screenshot_20230519-155603.png

Related items:

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be nice if someone (someone trustworthy) from the Smiths/Morrissey fan community were to set up some kind of gofundme or something… is there a pancreatic cancer charity/cause we can make a collective donation to in his memory?

I'm having a Smiths night with my best friend tonight. Smiths records and an IPA raised in honour of Andy and all the great music he gave us. Could life ever be sane again?

Noel Gallagher is on The Late Late Show on RTE (Ireland TV) tonight. It's live so I hope he mentions Andy.

I'm having a Smiths night with my best friend tonight. Smiths records and an IPA raised in honour of Andy and all the great music he gave us. Could life ever be sane again?
Same in our house, I'm watching all the TOTP performances too. How bloody sad and awful it is, not even 60.

So, our fears were true. This is disgusting. Devastating. One of my all time favorite bass players. For me, it’s him, Hooky and Simon Gallup.

It feels unreal, horrific, that a member of The Smiths has died.
It is the time that passes inexorably...si

Es el primero de la pandilla en morir y ahora, por muy escasa que fuera la posibilidad, los Smith nunca volverán a morir.

Solo te conocí una vez, Andy, en el pub detrás del Apollo, pero me compraste un trago y estuviste sano como una libra toda la noche.

Descansa en la leyenda.
OMG Very strong your message!!!:llorar:

I have just remembered that when Andy was photographed with the custom Fender, he Tweeted something like "Thank you Fender for rushing this through for me." At the time it could have meant anything but now, it seems he knew he didn't have a lot of time left. I have no idea how a person comes to terms with that. I get the impression from Sonny's post that Johnny returned the Rourke family's old favour to him and moved Andy in to spend time with him during those last months. God go with them all.

How Sad Is Now !
Rest in peace Andy Rourke, thank you so so much for all your creative masterpieces on bass guitar in one of the greatest most short lived bands in the world. Thank you for the songs that shaped my life.
I’d like to dedicate the opening lines from a song (Point Of Light) by George Borrowski to you.

Its been a great, great day.
I‘ve done my best.
And with your touch and kindness.
I’ll take a rest.
Though I look quite tall.
Inside I’m small.
Will you walk beside me?
Slowly guide me.
To a point of light.

Thoughts and kindness to Andy’s family. Johnny, Steven, Mike and Craig.
Smiths fans all over the world.

Benny 💔🇬🇧🔪

I have just remembered that when Andy was photographed with the custom Fender, he Tweeted something like "Thank you Fender for rushing this through for me." At the time it could have meant anything but now, it seems he knew he didn't have a lot of time left. I have no idea how a person comes to terms with that. I get the impression from Sonny's post that Johnny returned the Rourke family's old favour to him and moved Andy in to spend time with him during those last months. God go with them all.
I’ve noticed Johnny hasn’t been attending Manchester City games this season which is unusual, so you could be correct. Johnny is a special guy.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom