RIP Albert Finney

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Feb 8, 2019.

By Anonymous on Feb 8, 2019 at 2:07 PM
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stand by...another Major Moz influence bites the dust.

Link posted by Uncleskinny:

Albert Finney: British actor dies aged 82 - BBC News
    Oscar-nominated British actor Albert Finney has died aged 82 after a short illness.

Excerpt:

He was a five-time Oscar nominee who began his career at the Royal Shakespeare Company before making his mark in film.

His big film break came as "angry young man" Arthur Seaton in Saturday Night and Sunday Morning.

He went on to star in Tom Jones, as Hercule Poirot in Murder on the Orient Express, Erin Brockovich and Skyfall.

A statement from a family spokesman said: "Albert Finney, aged 82, passed away peacefully after a short illness with those closest to him by his side.

"The family request privacy at this sad time."

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2019

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Feb 8, 2019.

1. rifke
      rifke
      beautiful post
      • Like Like x 3
      • Insightful Insightful x 1
    2. The Irish Hare
      The Irish Hare
      Charlie bubbles was another Sheelagh Delaney script and was Liza minnellis first film.
      He did two Irish films in the nineties, The Playboys and The Run of the Country, in both he was a guard with a passable Irish accent.
      He may have been in some dubious roles over the years but he was always watchable
      . He certainly was no sellout as true to his working class roots and to his eternal credit he turned down a knighthood. I remember him saying in an interview that being called sir was feeding into snobbery and he would rather be called mister.
      Albert Finney - Ar dheis Dé go raibh sé.
      • Like Like x 4
    3. Famous when dead
      Famous when dead
      • Like Like x 1
    4. Nathan Steggles
      Nathan Steggles
      Hmm, whoever you are sir/madam, I believe you to be a bit of a cunt
      • Like Like x 1
    5. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      I've never denied to be one and in fact that means I speak the truth.

--Urbanus
      • Like Like x 1
    6. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Sorry about the crap english but I was posting in three threads at the same time. If I chew bubble gum I won't be able to walk.
    7. Ragdale Road
      Ragdale Road
      We had to read the works of Alan Sillitoe at school when I was a bit too young to appreciate the message of Saturday Night, Sunday Morning. Anything to do with school immediately quashed my interest. But when I saw the film with the masterly performance by Albert Finney, it all came to life for me and I was so proud that it was set in Notts. I reread the book and found the film had unlocked the poetry in the writing for me.

RIP Albert.
      • Like Like x 2
    8. jason lee charles hurst
      jason lee charles hurst
      I quite agree, so insular. Every site has the gutless poster.

Eddie Riff

Jason
    9. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Not forgetting riff raff like you.
    10. jason lee charles hurst
      jason lee charles hurst
      Riff raff like me? oh dear you really are sad person.

Eddie Riff (Raff)

Jason
    11. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      That's better!

See, a little banter makes it better and we're having a laugh instead of a fight. Riffraff was part of my old contact email addy that every hooligan of importance had back in the 90's.

THE MAD SWEDE
    12. jason lee charles hurst
      jason lee charles hurst
      Sweet and tender ones no doubt?

Eddie Raff (Riff)

Jason
    13. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Old school hoolies from the good old bad days.
    14. !Viva Hate!
      • Like Like x 1
    15. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Erin Brockovich was a great movie but I never noticed Finney in it and was surprised to read he was part of the cast. But I do know he made Julia Roberts follow Man United which is why she's been stalking the United players in LA for two summers now and even flying over to see them play cause she pretends that her kids are fans.

Yeah right!

I bet she plans on hiring Juan Mata as her new piccolo and if that doesn't work out she can always use him as a dog with those short legs.

This info was brought to you from Sweden, we know everything.
      • Funny Funny x 1