riots cant be far away

speedfreaks ball

psychobilly member
with the worsening economic and social situation in britain , the political scandals are just what we didnt need, as the summer hots up just watch the inner cities boil over , oh yes i predict some 2009 good old fashioned british rioting.

The economy has been worse. The revelation that MPs are on the take isn't exactly going to tip us over the edge. Unless you're suggesting the weather will. :rolleyes:

with the worsening economic and social situation in britain , the political scandals are just what we didnt need, as the summer hots up just watch the inner cities boil over , oh yes i predict some 2009 good old fashioned british rioting.

Which one's that then?

I think the British are a fickle lot very easily placated.Can't see riots myself.

Why do people buy the idea that getting drunk and smashing up a few cars is a meaningful and productive way to bring about change? :confused:
Alcohol is the "opium" that stupifies the masses, whose wages feed the machine of which the brewers are a part.

Why do people buy the idea that getting drunk and smashing up a few cars is a meaningful and productive way to bring about change? :confused:
Alcohol is the "opium" that stupifies the masses, whose wages feed the machine of which the brewers are a part.

I think you need to change the "why do people" to "why do men".....:rolleyes:

I think I'll throw in my two cents on this thread...

Riots are very, very rarely completely spontaneous. There are exceptions, for example in Greece last year, when people took to the streets after the police murdered a teenager. But in terms of the vast majority of big public order situations, months and months of planning have gone into these events.

Poll Tax Riots - Nearly half a year

J18 - Over a year

Battle of Seattle - Not sure, but with most trade summits groups start organising as soon as it's announced.

Even the minor stuff that went on around the G20 had had 3 months planning.
Unless something major happens, I can't see anything kicking off in London until September, when it's DSEi time! And that's not really anything to do with the current climate, stuff will always happen at DSEi. I shall say no more.

Riots are very, very rarely completely spontaneous. There are exceptions, for example in Greece last year, when people took to the streets after the police murdered a teenager. But in terms of the vast majority of big public order situations, months and months of planning have gone into these events.

J18 - Over a year

Battle of Seattle - Not sure, but with most trade summits groups start organising as soon as it's announced.

Unless something major happens, I can't see anything kicking off in London until September, when it's DSEi time! And that's not really anything to do with the current climate, stuff will always happen at DSEi. I shall say no more.

So when the riots cause destruction to private property and harm to innocent bystanders the police then are now well within their authority to arrest the rioters, and the state is well within its authority to impose the maximum sentence because what you have just done is tell us that the destruction and harm is premeditated.

So when the riots cause destruction to private property and harm to innocent bystanders the police then are now well within their authority to arrest the rioters, and the state is well within its authority to impose the maximum sentence because what you have just done is tell us that the destruction and harm is premeditated.

Is the state always right?

boston%20tea%20party.jpg

Is the state always right?

boston%20tea%20party.jpg

Concerning the tea tax? Absolutely

A lengthy war was fought to defend areas within the colonial regions that the colonists did not feel the need to contribute their fair share? If not for the British recognizing the importance of the North American colonies we would be speaking French.

Most do not realize that the American Revolution was not a popular war amongst the colonists. There were more people at the onset of the war that were not initially supportive of breaking away from England. While Thomas Paine makes a convincing argument over the logistics of being so detached from Britain, many of the Revolutionary leadership were in it to preserve their wallets.

No, the DESTRUCTION is not premediated. I didn't word that properly. You can't plan that. What I meant is that nearly every time when major disorder does occur, it's around a protest that people have been mobilising for for a long time. The idea of the masses taking to the streets is basically a myth. It's also worth noting that it's very, very hard to get charged with conspiracy to riot. Seriously, good luck with that. In the aforementioned J18 demos, NOBODY got convicted of rioting. It was all more minor public order offences, violent disorder, affray etc. And even then it wasn't conspiracy to do any of those things, because even the courts recognise you can't plan that in advance. You can mobilise people to turn up, but you can't tell them what to do once they're there.

Re: hmmmmmmm

Coz i felt like it.

And it's true.

I Just read today on teletext that 2 "Ladies" decided to open door on a Airplane , to get out ....At 30,000 Feet...
They have Pleaded not guilty to Endangering other passengers lives....( Or being drunk and disordely....).
I would have kicked the stupid cows out of the door, before making sure it was closed again....( I am not being a Neanderthal male....I would do it to a Man ( Or two...) as well... Coked up drunken fooking twats......
Anyway, I am Just off to the hospital to Leave Flowers for Danielle Lloyd ... She was attacked this weekend by TWO Ladies....could it be the same two??? and were they Coked-up, and drunk ( ...and Jealous, by any chance...) as well??

Last edited:

J18 - Over a year

Thank christ for that.

Planned riots...now I've heard everything! Pre-empting your emotions on a given day, that is quite an achievement. :crazy:

Plan a peaceful mass protest if you have to. Do not glamourise violence and thuggery, which at the end of the day is what riots consist of. You seem to take great pleasure in doing so- in somehow thinking that sort of behaviour is cool because it is different. When violence is involved, the message ends up being lost- you isolate the very people you claim to represent.

I'm a vegetarian. I despise the meat industry and the maltreatment of animals- however I would never try and force my views upon others. You're more likely to drive people away that way.

I think the British are a fickle lot very easily placated.Can't see riots myself.

The riots always start at the end of May. And why?
Because the football season is over.....
everytime there have been riots in the UK (or England to be precise) they are always after the football season has ended in May.....
People need an outlet for the aggression..... the warm weather, long light nights..... it's going to happen......

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
Concerning the tea tax? Absolutely

A lengthy war was fought to defend areas within the colonial regions that the colonists did not feel the need to contribute their fair share? If not for the British recognizing the importance of the North American colonies we would be speaking French.

Most do not realize that the American Revolution was not a popular war amongst the colonists. There were more people at the onset of the war that were not initially supportive of breaking away from England. While Thomas Paine makes a convincing argument over the logistics of being so detached from Britain, many of the Revolutionary leadership were in it to preserve their wallets.

Maybe they should have settled the issue with a game of baseball:laughing:

Jukebox Jury

Tags
**there'sgonna *besometrouble flowersinguns insignificant ipredictariot paramore prince&revolutn quiet riot riot act riot control riot gear riot grrrl
Back
Top Bottom