Riot Fest: Morrissey's curated lineup / preview party details released (September 2, 2021)

FB_IMG_1630601468068.jpg

Alkaline Trio
Patti Smith and her Band
Joyce Manor
WDRL
Kristen Young

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I do think it's pertinant to note that Morrissey had announced a new version of Ringleader remastered by Visconti, before his label gave him the boot. As Visconti is KYs other half, obviously some kind of reconciliation must have been reached between all parties.

That certainly is interesting. Having been thrown under the bus, first Alain Whyte is retrieved, and now Kristeen Young is forgiven? Is Moz getting sentimental in his old age? Who's next I wonder - special DJ support slot for Mike Joyce? :unsure:
241273207_10158643233003737_7760015909789784185_n.jpg
No. Don't push it. That's completely ridiculous !

No, Bonfire was produced by Andrew Watt.
And I hope the next albums (with compositions from Alain) will be produced by Stephan Street now that he‘s in a forgiving mood.
It's Stephen.
And no one is THAT forgiving !

Is there a reason why anyone thinks Morrissey has something to do with the acts Riot Fest book for the show?
His love of Patti Smith is well documented. Kristeen Young’s love of Morrissey is equally a matter of public record.

Every time I seen her, I think she was pre mensural, which made the entire experience even worse.
Fantastic Failure was a good song, and obviously left some impression on Morrissey as he nicked something of it for My Love, I’d do Anything… .

Young’s song is better.

Is there a reason why anyone thinks Morrissey has something to do with the acts Riot Fest book for the show?
It was announced a couple of weeks ago that the support bands would be curated by Morrissey.

My question, as always: what does the stage look like? If you’re 100 feet back in the heat at these festivals it’s not exactly worth it

Just the usual lip-service line up you'd expect, perhaps bar Patti Smith.
He won't have listened to anything really new in 25 years unless he got told some act were singing his praises, then he'd say the were great......whether they were utter shit or not. Fact of the matter.

He won't have listened to anything really new in 25 years unless he got told some act were singing his praises, then he'd say the were great......whether they were utter shit or not. Fact of the matter.

How on earth would you know? You think he doesn't have the internet? That's not to say, some of the stuff he likes is particularly good, mind.

Riot-

Riot-Fest in Chicago? Sounds charming. Late night Chicago Street played to the chorus of gunfire, sirens, whizzing bullets flying by, police dogs, news crews about the sordid aftermath of the entire debacle on meth. Do enjoy Morrissey...stay behind thick glass !
And Batman. Don't forget Batman in Chicago (Nolan's version of Gotham).

How on earth would you know? You think he doesn't have the internet? That's not to say, some of the stuff he likes is particularly good, mind.
It's true, he's always banged on about how there's nothing of any note in the current music climate other than himself, when I say current that's mainly every interview since the mid 90's. Unless like I say they pay homage then he'll acknowledge them good or bad....just look at KY to know that. Sad thing is a lot of really great artists would have loved to have been on the same bill as him at some point. He's pretty much a total pariah now including most labels, which sadly is something he will call out as some agenda against him and do the usual outsider blah blah. I mean he's obviously never associated himself with anyone repugnant or said anything that might isolate a lot of people has he in recent years? A sad demise of someone who was a unique artist for many years......

It's true, he's always banged on about how there's nothing of any note in the current music climate other than himself, when I say current that's mainly every interview since the mid 90's. Unless like I say they pay homage then he'll acknowledge them good or bad....just look at KY to know that. Sad thing is a lot of really great artists would have loved to have been on the same bill as him at some point. He's pretty much a total pariah now including most labels, which sadly is something he will call out as some agenda against him and do the usual outsider blah blah. I mean he's obviously never associated himself with anyone repugnant or said anything that might isolate a lot of people has he in recent years? A sad demise of someone who was a unique artist for many years......

He's doing alright...........playing a season of nights at Vegas isn't bad. It's not like he's down the pub.

Just a theory… the “fallings out” with Moz are a big inside joke. Bowie. Young. Visconti. Never severed friendships, just playing the media and his fans?

Kristeen Young ---> 732 listeners per mont on Spotify ! She's gonna empty the field all on her own !
Has she ever attracted more than 200 persons at a venue with her only on the bill, outside in New York

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom