Rio de Janeiro - Fundicao Progresso (Mar. 9, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

First Of The Gang To Die / You Have Killed Me / Black Cloud / When Last I Spoke To Carol / Alma Matters / Still Ill / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Speedway / You're The One For Me, Fatty / I Will See You In Far Off Places / Meat Is Murder / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / I Know It's Over / Let Me Kiss You / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / How Soon Is Now? // One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell

set list provided by Marco

Last edited:
http://oglobo.globo.com/cultura/no-rio-morrissey-mostra-que-nao-perdeu-sua-ferocidade-4277108
( fast translation)
No even Morrissey could withstood the heat that gripped FUNDIÇÂO PROGRESSO on Friday night/Saturday morning: After soaking his second shirt of the presentation in sweat and just as he was singing “Let me kiss you” verses (“But then you open your eyes/And you see someone/That you physically despise”) his shirt went out to the crowd. Exposing for seconds his naked torso as the rest of the musicians which were as nude as him (,only wearing yellow boxer shorts ) except for
Guitarist Boz Boorer, who played in drag queen costume. At the barricade reunion party with the audience in Rio, 11 years after his first gig in the city.....

MORRISSEY saluted the crowd in PORTUGUESE with E AI GALERA!(whats up people)

during alma matters from the concert morrissey makes blatant signs to the morrisseysworld believers! Just check out the blog - he makes the sign featured on the blog over and over and stares at his hand strangely, drawing attention to it!

Moz was perfect, very intense, gracious and inspired and so were the lads. MIM was pure magic! I hope I can catch the Sao Paolo concert tomorrow night. I love you forevermore Morrissey. You saved my life once more. God bless.

How pathetic--he dresses his dolls in yellow shorts this time. Another ploy to cover up for a sad set list.

poooo serio!?
brother vcs avacalharam o sul do meu País, o Brasil!!!! e vem fazendo uma gincana pra quem pagou R$ 480,00 ??? no sudeste, ? o que vcs mostraram de novo?
qual foi a formula, entende uma coisa Morrissey, vc só é vc no The Smiths!

só isso!!!

Brother a sua opinião aqui é tão insignificante como o lugar onde vc vive. porque vc vem até aqui então falar mal do cara?

Can I dress you up in shorts

That makes a lot of sense. Seriously, the other poster is correct. Something happened to Morrissey along the way that has caused him to go from a respected artist to some sort of Liberace-like cabaret singer.

Pretty sad.

Didn't even notice the shorts till someone mentioned them, i was just looking at Morrisseys neck!

1 - venue was too small for so many people, including fans from other states and countries. Maybe they could have scheduled more than one gig here. On the other hand, it was good to see that so many of my co-citizens love Moz's music.
2 - in 2000, M played 2 Smiths songs; the others were from his solo career. The audience kept asking for "Bigmouth!" during the entire performance. Tonight, he played a lot of Smiths songs, but it wasn't necessary, since people followed all the songs of his solo career.
3 - Some Hatful of Hollow songs (to my delight!): Still Ill, PPP Le Me Get..., How Soon Is Now. And also Meat is Murder, I know it's over, There' a Light.
4 - None of the three new songs!
5 - After first song (First of the Gang), he said "Gracias" and many people shook heads, disaproving. But after some more songs finally he said (before the end of the song, as if he had just remembered or someone had just reminded him) "obrigado". Now yes! - strong clapping!
6 - a more or less silly, clichee comment: he said that he spent the day seeing people around in the city, and that he found everything beutiful, "the three sexes". Silly-clichee not because of the three sexes, but because cariocas are a bit tired of being associated with sexy stuff. We'd rather be ugly and stop that talk!
7 - "Let Me Kiss You": in the part of "and you see someone that you phisically despise", he took of his blouse, everybody did a "wow!"
8 - "You know Prince Henry is in Rio, don't you? He wants o take your money. Don't let he do it".

Did you forget to take your meds again? Or have you doubled up?

Did you forget to log in as a regular user?

Look, I play dumb. It's obvious Morrissey's disciples of which he is the prophet are very beautiful in Brazil, I was just wondering if anyone could take a stab at explaining what the third sex is?

Gustavo said some words in 'portunhol' before the encore. All the band (minus Boz) had something written in Blue in their chests, but I couldn't read. Anybody got that?

Did anyone discover his Hotel in Rio? In 2000 I happened to be there (I'm from Recife) but sadly this year could not attend Rio gig. Back in 2000 I saw the gig advertisement on O Globo newspaper and one of the sponsors was Rio Palace Hotel, so early in the morning I stood in front of the hotel in Copacabana beach because I knew Morrissey and his "entourage" were arriving from Sao Paulo that very day. Well, until 11h00 I waited but nobody showed up, then I fled to Santos Dumont airport straight to the Panoramic Terrace. All planes landing and my eyes scanning the tarmac, but then again no sign of someone looking like the Mancunian. That's ok, the evening came and I was at the ATL Hall. Anyway, I tried.

Hey guys, I actually don't know how big the Fundição Progresso is, but organizers underestimate Morrissey audience! Same in 2000, the ATL Hall was TOO crowded I could hardly move my bones. And we see some terrible artists playing in Maracanã Stadium, nevermind. But a nice suprise this afternoon on MTV displaying 15 videos of both M+The Smiths!

did anybody record SPEEDWAY????, the interlude stop was enormous the whole venue went nuts!!!!!!!!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom