Rings on Morrissey's finger

myboyracer

Speedway, here we come!
HIya,

I noticed that Morrissey has two rings on both hands. One white on his left hand and red (?) on his right. What type/sorts (eg mother of pearl, agate, etc) of rings are those?

cheers!

mbr.

HIya,

I noticed that Morrissey has two rings on both hands. One white on his left hand and red (?) on his right. What type/sorts (eg mother of pearl, agate, etc) of rings are those?

cheers!

mbr.

I've wondered about his rings myself (I love rings) I think the large red one is a ruby.) He also seems to like silver jewelry.

One is almost certainly tigers eye. I saw it up close, and it has the characteristic sheen.

He was wearing that one when I met him. It's a tiger's eye for sure.

Thanks, all! :)

How about the white ring on his left hand?

cheers!

mbr.

A tiger eye gem represents nine years of marriage.

Well, unless he started wearing it before this tour/year (which he probably did), that's 2000. Maybe it means he's really committed to making this millennium count? :blushing: Or maybe he just likes the color :D

This time it's gonna last :guitar:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've noticed he tends to wear big chunky gold signet-type rings (one in each hand). Maybe they are self-commissioned pieces? Or Dior/Gucci rings?

Apparently Ozzy Osbourne got most of his rings made by a famous London jeweller. He's got some enormous gold & platinum rings - one with an Union Jack design. :thumb:

Morrissey is fashion, isn't? I remember a thread about his nail polish too. When he was on the Smiths his clothes was so poor and ugly. But since 90's (93 or 94, I'm not sure) he shifed the way of wearing. I had an interview from 2001 wich he talked about clothes - he admited Smiths' clothes was old-fashioned.

Morrissey is fashion, isn't? I remember a thread about his nail polish too. When he was on the Smiths his clothes was so poor and ugly. But since 90's (93 or 94, I'm not sure) he shifed the way of wearing. I had an interview from 2001 wich he talked about clothes - he admited Smiths' clothes was old-fashioned.

That was part of The Smiths' charm though.

It is interesting about his rings. In Sheffield I noticed that he has one of those big chunky rings on his wedding finger. What's that all about?

Blurb on Tiger's Eye, for the curious:

Roman soldiers wore tiger eye because they believed it was an "all seeing" eye. Even today, one meaning of tiger eye is as psychic protection. You will frequently see prayerbeads (malas) made of tiger's eye.

Tiger eye helps is to release anxiety, fear, and obsessiveness and to make emotions more logical. It is frequently listed as a good stone for business and achieving clarity.

Tiger eye symbolizes willpower, confidence, and assurance. It is said to clear visual disturbances and provide protection during travel.

I really imagine why you said that, but I haven't ever liked poor clothes. I think Morrissey has a good sense of style, indeed. But I prefer his present way of wearing, it's glamourous. I know that's only my own point of view and it does not mean the truth. I hope you don't get me wrong, instead of it, I wish you understand my opinion and personal option of wearing.

Mozzer's favourite ring is a brwon one. Fnaaaar fnaaaaar

Back
Top Bottom