Ringleaders Of The Tormentors VS You Are The Quarry

they are both two very different albums , YATQ was road tested tried out and 7 years in the writing make and producing
by the time yatq got to us we had heard most of it live already, i was hardly a surprise to us as it was already with us , rott was made quite quickly in morrissey terms and had less adjustment time

ringleader is a good album but i think you can only judge an album when it has been with you a while , at the time i thought kill uncle was the greatest album ever a modern day masterpeice looking back i has aged quite badly (in my opinion)

YATQ is definetly much more of a singles album than ROTT

You Ate The Curry!

but can we come up with a new title for it that is obscene? :D

Not obscene, but funny.
quiz.jpg

Da best record is U R Tha Quizzary. Fo' shizzle!

Last edited:
To answer the question: You Are The Quarry

I do like ROTT for it’s ‘sound’ -lot of bass, drums, strings… it rocks out more but ‘says a lot less’ IMO-the lyrics are lazy on some songs. I really love I Will See You in Far-off Places –very cool sounding (reminding me of my old dancing days =o) and great live. Love the Mozzer yodeling at the end too.

One of my other faves is In "In the Future When All's Well". And of course, "Life’s a Pigsty". I know a lot of people don’t like "The Father Who Must Be Killed", but there’s something about it that I DO. It’s very Nov. Monster/Mute Witness’ish (kooky storyline) I like the drum line love how he says ‘stepchilllld’. I’m a stepchild myself but not the killing kind ~lol

Still YATQ is a whole package deal, there are so many great songs. IBEH, I have forgiven Jesus, Camden, LMKY, First of the gang and yes, even Lazy Dykes is a 'grower'. Without Let Me Kiss You, what would the token shirt-toss song be?! lol First of the Gang to Die is great as an encore too. YATQ was really successful and almost like a ‘return’ (not that he went anywhere =o) to ‘mainstream’. It’s a solid record and I hope the Moz/Finn team cranks out another great one for us.

ROTT.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom