Ringleaders Badly Produced & Mixed?

The ropey production on YATQ has the benefit of letting the album wash over me and let me forget that it's on sometimes (until the abominable last track that is) ROTT was obviously more polished and has much better production, which only serves to remind me how crap it is and the only way to "make it go away" is to turn it off after about 4 tracks!

There's no substitute for good songs, and no amount of pruduction and wizardry is going to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear...

Still, we shouldn't give up hope - he is Morrissey after all! Is there one more masterpiece in you Moz?

I KNOW it's gonna happen.....some day!

Well, musically ROTT was so much smoother and richer- Quarry sounded cheap at times.

I'm a graphic designer and photographer, and I pay lots and lots of attention to the graphic elements of the presentation. Quarry's graphics sucked bad, bad, bad hairy goat balls. It was shit. I know the look that they were going for, and I know how to achieve it. They missed, big time. When you're working in Classical Moz style, you have: a. A big photo and b. A little bit of type. So it's imperative that you use both of those tools WELL. Quarry looked like a high school yearbook student laid it out in Word. No, PowerPoint. While high.

I do love the Quarry font- I've used it a ton over the past year and now I'm seeing it everywhere.

ROTT was beautifully crafted. I could not have done that better myself.

Moz, if you read this... hire me next time. I'm cheap and good and a perfectionist. And I shoot all my own photos.

"Southpaw Grammar" would have had a much warmer reception if he'd used a better font.

"Southpaw Grammar" would have had a much warmer reception if he'd used a better font.

Guffaw.gif

I'd go for You Are The Quarry. I don't like listening to Ringleaders much to be honest and it's not because of the songs. I think it's not very well produced (although I can't really tell, because I've never produced anything myself, of course). But I think too much instrumentation does not do justice to Morrissey's songs. Most of his songs (lyrically and melodically) are nice and little and a big instrumentation destroys them, I think. On Ringleaders the instruments actually take away the charm of the songs, if you know what I mean...

In my opinion Viva Hate is the best produced album by Moz!

i love ringleaders. i thought it sounded great. originally i though yatq sounded a bit rough, but its grown on me and i like it a lot now.

Back
Top Bottom