Morrissey Central RINGLEADER DELUXE ! (July 17, 2020)

Morrissey’s third UK number 1 album ‘Ringleader of the Tormentors’ will be issued this year by BMG for the first time.The album is presently being ‘rebooted’ by producer Tony Visconti and will feature more sections by Ennio Morricone and his orchestra from the 2005 sessions in Rome, plus a photographic booklet.The original album featured four UK hit singles, ‘You Have Killed Me’ (Number 3), ‘The Youngest Was The Most Loved’(Number 14), ‘In The Future When All’s Well’ (Number 17), ‘I Just Want To See The Boy Happy’ (Number 16).

full

Just a thought on 'At last I am born'...the only time I saw Moz attempt this live was at Birmingham Symphony Hall...it was slightly ludicrous and even Moz seemed to give up half way through. Did he ever attempt it again?

I'm quite fond of the Ringleaders version...but only if I hear it by mistake.

3rd time posting it, but I don’t care ....

it’s lovely!

🥰:cool:

yep, that’s awesome ! :thumb:

Though they use Morricone samples live ( i think?) Out of curiosity, would be nice if the deluxe version had a version without strings.
A version without the strings? I have to say Ketamine, not much can surprise me these days but sometimes you manage it. And with suggestions like that, you might actually get a job managing Morrissey’s fiscal affairs.

A version without the strings? I have to say Ketamine, not much can surprise me these days but sometimes you manage it. And with suggestions like that, you might actually get a job managing Morrissey’s fiscal affairs.

Surprised over that suggestion?

C’mon HL, I thought you were made of stronger stuff ?

Surprised over that suggestion?

C’mon HL, I thought you were made of stronger stuff ?
I guarantee that was not in Visconti’s brief. Though the more I think about it, the more interesting the proposal seems. There must be a demo without the strings?

But having moaned all day about the lack of Morricone on Ringleader, the suggestion is scarcely going to get my full endorsement.

I can think of no other lyrics that Morrissey must regret as much as:

"Re-issue! Re-package! Re-package!
Re-evaluate the songs
Double-pack with a photograph
Extra track (and a tacky badge)..."

Re-evaluate the songs
Don't they just so paint a vulgar picture?
Tut! :rolleyes:

Re-evaluate the songs

But he also wrote 'they can never taint you in my eyes'.

And he has the least efficient marketing of any comparable singer, so he can hold his head up high on that point.

Re-evaluate the songs

People always bring up these lyrics when a new reissue pops up, and it doesn’t apply.

Because the lyrics relate to a dead star.

He is alive and in control of what is done in regards to reissues. So I’m sure he doesn’t see it as a problem.

People always bring up these lyrics when a new reissue pops up, and it doesn’t apply.

Because the lyrics relate to a dead star.

He is alive and in control of what is done in regards to reissues. So I’m sure he doesn’t see it as a problem.
He doesn't see it as a problem if he's getting the royalties. Remember his little rant against the Smiths' album box-set? His primary complaint about it was that all the money was going to 'that wretched drummer.' See also the 'Live at the Hollywood Bowl' DVD.

He doesn't see it as a problem if he's getting the royalties. Remember his little rant against the Smiths' album box-set? His primary complaint about it was that all the money was going to 'that wretched drummer.'
I remember that. Noticed how he frames this hatred as due to the loss of the court case? How about if there was a much more personal reason for the hatred?

He doesn't see it as a problem if he's getting the royalties. Remember his little rant against the Smiths' album box-set? His primary complaint about it was that all the money was going to 'that wretched drummer.' See also the 'Live at the Hollywood Bowl' DVD.

Yeah of course.

I’m just pointing out that the lyrics don’t apply to him here, but folks keep on making that mistake.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom