rifke reads from list of the lost + insightful commentary

Discussion in 'Off-topic archive (read-only)' started by rifke, Mar 21, 2016.

1. rifke

rifke queen of the universe

haha, i need to stop doing shit that im embarrassed of later :D

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
    • Troll Troll x 1
  2. No1uno

No1uno Member of the Monthâ„¢ Subscriber

3. Uncleskinny

Uncleskinny It's all good Subscriber

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I listened to the first audio, we should all read it out loud and post. I wonder if Morrissey is reading his book right now for the audio book to be released in June.? Maybe he should splice your voice into it? I did giggle a bit when you paused before saying bulbous salutation...

5. No1uno

Can god force a man to be free?

6. Uncleskinny

Uncleskinny It's all good Subscriber

Of course not. There is no god or gods. Hence no.

7. rifke

oh thankfully someone responded to this so that i could explain!

no, no, no i did not do it for anyone else's view of me. mostly i just post stuff to amuse myself (though i do always like replies, good or bad) or on the off chance that morrissey might be reading (but now i suddenly hope very very much that he isnt :D).

see, it's like this: for some reason the whole premise of reading from list of the lost with it's long incomprehensible sentences, whose tense im never quite sure of, combined with that quality i have of being a bit hard to swallow in large doses in general amped up to "how annoying can i possibly be?" struck me at the time i posted it as being endlessly amusing (the kind of thing you might do with a group of friends who like to make asses of themselves, rather than in a forum full of vaguely hostile strangers). but once the initial note of amusement wore off, and i was stuck at work, it suddenly struck me: "ugh, what was i thinking?!". and i came back and listened to it and again had to ask myself what i was thinking and what IS this nonsense i posted, only this time, at the sound of my nauseating unsubstantial voice--my friend once famously said that i sound like a "high strung 12 year old hopped up on a six pack of cokes and with a runny nose" :D-- my horrified cringing was like, ten times more intense. so i was embarrassed, but only of the fact that i made myself look sooooo uncool (and i really feel that is very very important that i assure you all that that is not the case at all, because i would just hate to disillusion anyone :p ) but not THAT embarrassed, because it is after all just the internet. and in any case im over it now!

by the way, i love your signature! so cute!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
    • Troll Troll x 1
  8. rifke

yes, you all should read aloud from it! capital idea! i would love to hear it!

• Troll Troll x 1
  9. No1uno

Thank you, so now that you know that it's not uncool, can you repost for those who have not heard.

10. rifke

oh buddy, you dont wanna hear it, trust me. :D maybe ill do one later, just to be totally shameless. you should too!

edit: oh, the originals. i deleted them :p

• Troll Troll x 1
  11. rifke

there, i dont know why must continue to stoop so low :p

yesterday a friend at work said he was feeling dour, so i told him to read sex scenes from list of the lost. the logic being that nobody could possibly maitain a dour state when confronted by the term 'bulbous salutation'. i know that whenever im annoyed about anything i just think in my head 'bulbous salutation' and nearly explode into a paroxysm of giggles.

all fun aside, i do find the paragraph from which i have chosen to (horrendously) read, to be an excellent piece of writing (even if the subject matter is a bit mah-tour for one such as i)
    http://vocaroo.com/i/s0shb38aa8xV

now someone else do it toooooo

• Troll Troll x 1
  12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am not that brave but i am curious about what people sound like. Bennie, Brummie, Morrissey? I would like to hear Morrissey, but i am hoping he is reading the whole book for the audio book out in June. If anyone can imitate Morrissey's voice to would be a nice touch.

13. rifke

you dont have to be brave, just do it. who cares? i am interested in what people sound like too! i would love to hear morrissey reading his own words!

• Troll Troll x 1