Riff magazine Alexander Baechle: IANADOAC review (March 16, 2020)

Comments

Yeah - it takes his art seriously, which is rare in amongst the bilge about his 'outbursts' & how no good art can be made by a 'rich white man' written by someone who will never come close to making any kind of art for as long as they live.**

**but I'm not bitter.

Between the pandemic, the death of the Labour Party & a bunch of privileged middle-class hacks thinking they're punching up at the queer singer who whinged a bit about militant Islam & wore a f-king pin - I am more depressed than a Morrissey song.

Wait! Did I just read a review of Morrissey’s new album that didn’t mention his political views & call him a far-right nazi?

unbelievable!

but seriously, a review that actually focuses on the music; why isn’t this the norm?

Great, constructive review, about the actual music. Loved it.
My favourite bit though, which had me in stitches laughing was in relation to Jim Jim:

Morrissey disqualifies himself from every counseling job on earth with the shocking chorus: “If you’re gonna kill yourself, then to save face, get on with it.” No less, he follows it up with the sample-ready refrain, “just kill yourself.”

Just brilliant.

Last edited:
Great, constructive review. Loved it.
My favourite bit though, which had me in stitches laughing was in relation to Jim Jim:

Morrissey disqualifies himself from every counseling job on earth with the shocking chorus: “If you’re gonna kill yourself, then to save face, get on with it.” No less, he follows it up with the sample-ready refrain, “just kill yourself.”

Just brilliant.
yeah,liked that bit.imagine Morrissey trying to talk you down from a very tall building.M with his megaphone shouting GET ON WITH IT YA COWARD.

A
From what I've read so far, and this review really highlights my assumption, is that this album is more contained. I've mentioned it before on here, but I do feel like WPINOYB and LIHS were two of the same albums and would have benefitted from just being one as they are quite politically led. I think it would have been better to have that and then another album with the b-sides we've had since WPINOYB.

Anyway, looking forward to IANADOAC - I love the sounds and lyrics I'm hearing!

Not sure where to put this but it might not be too easy to get the Moz album on vinyl:
It's surreal.

Still, China is going to permanently ban live animals from markets, so it may help animal welfare standards.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain review
Top Bottom