Rick Astley Twitter: Rick Astley & Blossoms perform the songs of The Smiths - 2 Smiths-themed concerts in October (September 14, 2021)

IMG_20210914_174101.jpg

Further to today's coverage of their Smiths covers, Rick Astley & Blossoms are playing 2 special Smiths-themed gigs in October.
Thanks to @davidt for the information.
Confirmed via ticket outlets:

(Link courtesy of @Uncleskinny)

full

Tweet posted by Surface:

Related item:
Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
You alright, lad? It's just a bit of fun! Enjoy yourself.

quit acting as if you had a job, work is your enemy :lbf:
Well, your inane back-n-forth with Surface a few pages back (bless him for even trying to be reasonable with you) and the fact that you’re trying your utmost to convince yourself and others that these concerts are cash grabs for Johnny Marr (of all people) and a way of ridiculing our darling Morrissey.:hammer:
I most definitely will not be ‘discussing’ this with you, however. That would take up far too much time. But since you asked, these are my two cents. I hope you realize that everyone isn’t out to get Morrissey, and you are not his protector. And it is perfectly okay to be neutral about these upcoming Astley shows (or even be positive), this will not mean that you are less of a Morrissey fan.

oi.
speaking of work.:lbf:
:hammer:

All Moz fans on solo....

We are here for you dear 😘😘

I'm pretty convinced that there's only about 10 of us left who are actually Morrissey or Smiths fans. Most people here don't seem to be fans at all, and just seem to come here to abuse people, but can't handle it when they get called out, hiding behind their guest accounts because they know they'd be insta banned.

Everyone should just leave Rick Astley alone and have some fun for once, instead of being such misery guts.

I'm pretty convinced that there's only about 10 of us left who are actually Morrissey or Smiths fans. Most people here don't seem to be fans at all, and just seem to come here to abuse people, but can't handle it when they get called out, hiding behind their guest accounts because they know they'd be insta banned.

Everyone should just leave Rick Astley alone and have some fun for once, instead of being such misery guts.
Well said and I agree with you👍

Well said and I agree with you👍

Cheers. I've been posting here since 2005 (but under a different account for which I've now forgotten the login details of), and I've just seen this place devolve into a hellsite of non-Morrissey fans just abusing each other via guest accounts because the mods can't/won't IP ban guest accounts.

Look at how this perfectly nice announcement went? A dead nice bit of news about a great band who can play Smiths songs really well, and a singer who is a nice bloke, singing the songs of his favourite band. Yet, the vegan cros and other little shits of this place come along to abuse actual Morrissey and Smiths fans, derail the thread and cry foul when they get some well deserved abuse back at them.

Just let us fans carry on talking about the Smiths' music and go away to your spider holes or wherever you hibernate.

I know I'll be buying tickets for this show in Manchester, because I'm an actual Smiths fan from Manchester, as will other people here. The rest of you can just cry yourselves to sleep every night.

Hard to believe that Melvis is only 5 or so years older than Rick. He looks like a dishevelled old park-pigeon feeder, by comparison. Probably should’ve kept some iron in his diet.

Kind of nuts that the Blossoms are able to swing through these songs, with ease - while the Melvis crew sound like a bunch of cut-rate hacks.

It will sound fine, but at the end of the day this is just a way to get their careers (Blossoms & RA) back on track (both of which have been attempting a comeback in the mainstream for a while now).
Rick and the Blossoms both have record contracts and management that extend beyond sycophants and family. Melvis has been attempting a “mainstream comeback” since 1989. For proof of this, see the constant barrage of fake chart positions and sales numbers that his camp post every time he reissues some old piece of garbage that didn’t sell the first time around. 🤪

Reply to those posts of mine you have an issue with, let’s discuss them.

I believe Surface understood the joke in some of my posts, other than that was the discussion of the Classically Smiths debacle. I thought our back n forth quite civil to be honest.

IT WAS A FUUCKING JOKE !

thought it obvious.

Where did I say that?

:lbf:

No !? really? jfc

Sure, I don’t care.

Where did I say that they were not Moz fans for liking this?

Show us.

You have nothing.
I don’t need to discuss specific posts. I told you which ones I meant. You said you were joking, which is an easy way out. But maybe you were, but it’s hard to tell as you’re the same when you’re being serious.

Surface was civil, as he most often is. You, however, was just silly.

You didn’t say it, but you do come across as a vigilante, fighting the imaginary good fight, defending Moz from any and all perceived injustices. But like I said, I generally like you. Your heart is in the right place, but lighten the f up a bit.

I don’t need to discuss specific posts. I told you which ones I meant. You said you were joking,
Lol I even used emoji to symbolize that I was joking. You read into it what you wanted to see and got triggered.
which is an easy way out.
Lol.
But maybe you were, but it’s hard to tell as you’re the same when you’re being serious.
Are you joking or being serious? It’s hard to tell
Surface was civil, as he most often is. You, however, was just silly.
I’m guilty of being silly, ghoulish and childish, but in ‘tatters’ ? no.
You didn’t say it, but you do come across as a vigilante, fighting the imaginary good fight, defending Moz from any and all perceived injustices.
Sorry if that’s the way you see it.
Nowhere in this thread did I do the things you accused me of.
But like I said, I generally like you. Your heart is in the right place, but lighten the f up a bit.

sweetness, I was only ...

I was the one making harmless jokes. Sorry you were triggered.

maybe you’re the one that needs to lighten the f up a bit.

Lol I even used emoji to symbolize that I was joking. You read into it what you wanted to see and got triggered.

Lol.

Clearly, you’ve got a load of time on your hands. Perhaps you should spend it doing something constructive.

Rick and the Blossoms both have record contracts and management that extend beyond sycophants and family. Melvis has been attempting a “mainstream comeback” since 1989. For proof of this, see the constant barrage of fake chart positions and sales numbers that his camp post every time he reissues some old piece of garbage that didn’t sell the first time around. 🤪

I disagree on the Morrissey bit, in that he is still doing quite well for himsel, but I agree on the Blossoms and Rick Astley bits. The idea that they NEED to play Smiths songs to find success is laughable. Both are highly successful acts.

Rick Astley alone could easily retire just on the back of Never Gonna Give You Up and Together Forever - both songs made him shit tons of money and continue to do so. Yet, he's still touring and releasing albums, and still doing very well for himself.

Blossoms continue to be successful, just like they have been for a number of years now, and, like Astley, they continue to tour and release new music.

They're both doing pretty well. This gig playing Smiths songs is just a bit of fun and something they've both wanted to do for a while. In fact, they could very easily do a whole tour of the back of it and really, really cash in, but they aren't (at least for now), so that tells you everything you need to know.

Lol.

‘Accuse’ might be a harsh choice of words, no? I said you were in tatters, which you appeared to be, and that you’re a vigilante, which you constantly come across as. And ‘triggered’ is a popular word nowadays. One could say that you are easily triggered when it comes to criticism (perceived and real) directed at Moz.

Ok. Falsely accused then, better? You did accuse me of saying that Morrissey fans are not real fans if they would enjoy these Smiths cover shows.

Again, you see it the way you want to see it. In actuality, I’m chill, just putting things in order.

We’re all vigilant in our opinions here everyday.

Again, you see what you want to see.
I have opinions that are expressed just as vigilantly as others express theirs, how that comes across to you
and how you react to people’s opinions is really up to you.
Okay, so it’s all perception, then. Let’s call it that.

Cheers. I've been posting here since 2005 (but under a different account for which I've now forgotten the login details of), and I've just seen this place devolve into a hellsite of non-Morrissey fans just abusing each other via guest accounts because the mods can't/won't IP ban guest accounts.

Look at how this perfectly nice announcement went? A dead nice bit of news about a great band who can play Smiths songs really well, and a singer who is a nice bloke, singing the songs of his favourite band. Yet, the vegan cros and other little shits of this place come along to abuse actual Morrissey and Smiths fans, derail the thread and cry foul when they get some well deserved abuse back at them.

Just let us fans carry on talking about the Smiths' music and go away to your spider holes or wherever you hibernate.

I know I'll be buying tickets for this show in Manchester, because I'm an actual Smiths fan from Manchester, as will other people here. The rest of you can just cry yourselves to sleep every night.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤡

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom