Rick Astley Twitter: Rick Astley & Blossoms perform the songs of The Smiths - 2 Smiths-themed concerts in October (September 14, 2021)

IMG_20210914_174101.jpg

Further to today's coverage of their Smiths covers, Rick Astley & Blossoms are playing 2 special Smiths-themed gigs in October.
Thanks to @davidt for the information.
Confirmed via ticket outlets:

(Link courtesy of @Uncleskinny)

full

Tweet posted by Surface:

Related item:
Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
:lbf:

he loves running his 👅 in every single housebrau blog/ipod in existence🧵
what a hopeless cuck(n)

:hammer:

If Rick Astley can pack a 3,000 seat venue for singing Smiths' songs, this means that Morrissey & Marr could sell out 50,000 seat stadiums all over the UK.

One day goodbye will be farewell and one day it'll be too late. People under 45 didn't have the chance to see the Smiths in flesh, can't they bury the hatchet. If Morrissey can forgive vile comments of Kristeen Young, there's hope he'll do the same with Johnny.
I don’t think Johnny is the problem..
It was one of the lawnmower parts
And what Joycey done to his mother and sister..

Unforgivable.....
The money grabbing Bastard

This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone at all. In fact, Rick Astley said a number of years ago that he wanted to do a gig in Manchester playing just The Smiths songs, and it was actually shared here.

I am open minded and saw Rick play on his own band's tour of the States in 2018 at a smaller venue. He has a great voice and always has, but his onstage persona is as an extroverted R&B pop 'n soul man.

No doubt he has the ability to sing a Smiths' song like This Charming Man on a superficial exuberant level, however, he's wearing thin after a few seconds of Heaven Knows. I can only imagine how lackluster songs like The Queen is Dead and others would seem without the true intent of speaking out against royalty, schoolmasters, a cruel meat industry and others coming from his voice.

Rick has done fine on the UK charts the last few years https://www.officialcharts.com/artist/29941/rick-astley/ with two new albums of his own material and additional singles with a Best of. I can only logically suppose that he's been bribed to do this by the music industry in an attempt to siphon fans away from Moz when I've seen the massive amounts of money they've already spent on producing just one Simpsons episode to mock and deride him. I don't think this will turn out well for anyone but Moz and his fans who know his true worth. The music industry can't replicate a singer like him without people knowing the difference. He is a real human speaking words he means, and the music industry will learn that is priceless. If not with these two shows then another time. It's really too bad Rick is associating himself with this monstrosity of shows, and I don't know much about the story behind the LotFIP photo, but then again, it doesn't completely surprise me that Astley is participating in this.

It will sound fine, but at the end of the day this is just a way to get their careers (Blossoms & RA) back on track (both of which have been attempting a comeback in the mainstream for a while now).

The odd cover here or there in the middle of a concert is fine, but doing concerts solely based around songs you neither wrote, nor performed, when you aren't a tribute band, is weird. Moz certainly isn't going to do another good Smiths performance but leave it to cover acts and tribute bands in all honesty, tour your own music.
What's fcUKin weird is signing your name to other artist's LP s and flogging them at your own gigs...ffs....Morrissey has been a karaoke 🎤impersonating the vocalist of The Smiths Family since 1988. This is hilarious...I'm in!

Look at the brain dead this attracts

What's fcUKin weird is signing your name to other artist's LP s and flogging them at your own gigs...ffs....Morrissey has been a karaoke 🎤impersonating the vocalist of The Smiths Family since 1988. This is hilarious...I'm in!
Stop being such a big olde meanie 🤦‍♂️
There is nobody on this site that loves Morrissey more than you🥰

If your not careful, you shall receive some of my infamous soup as well to wash out your potty mouth...🥣

Saw this earlier and it had no real context:

View attachment 76304

Then found some:

Morrissey mocked after Rick Astley and Blossoms team up for The Smiths performances

('Morrissey' got to #46 trending UK earlier).
Regards,
FWD.
I am not sure what was record-breaking about the residency either, but I can relate to the sentiment. Morrissey's Las Vegas residency was completed against all odds - quite a feat in this day and age - but barely received any media attention and now The Independent and the Twitter mob are turning this fun and harmless event involving Rick Astley into yet another excuse to ridicule Morrissey and downplay his role in the Smiths/musical history.

I wonder how Rick Astley feels about all of this. He seems to be a genuine fan but now the media/Twitter mob use him as a pawn to mock Morrissey. I doubt that was his intention or that he would even consider himself a suitable replacement for Morrissey.

A hero 😅 The malicious intent is crystal clear.

I finally saw the other thread about this where Rick sings,"Hang the DJ." Rick, you may be the one hung out to dry. Big mistake Mr Dance Music Man.

I accept that some people will not know the difference, but I will not pretend to be one of those people.

Look at the brain dead this attracts

Morrissey is not a racist. Never has been. But unfortunately he's a provocative troll who wilfully weaponises complex political and social debates on race and culture to get the spotlight on him, not the underlying issues.

He briefly supported the Miner's Strike but probably for kudos, ditto Music Against Racism donations to quell career-threatening 'outrage' beyond his requirements.

What's amazing is just how long he got away with lighting the blue touch paper and scarpering. For someone who claims never to vote he sticks his nose in on all manner of things he's too thick as pig shit to comment on. For personal profit. That malarkey's finally over, his bluff was called when he refused to put up or shut up on BBC Question Time.

Sing Your Life as a C-list, basic bitch legacy ex-'pop-star', mt8: leave the heavy duty thinking to the grown ups in the room...

BB
Coleford
Glos.

I am open minded and saw Rick play on his own band's tour of the States in 2018 at a smaller venue. He has a great voice and always has, but his onstage persona is as an extroverted R&B pop 'n soul man.

No doubt he has the ability to sing a Smiths' song like This Charming Man on a superficial exuberant level, however, he's wearing thin after a few seconds of Heaven Knows. I can only imagine how lackluster songs like The Queen is Dead and others would seem without the true intent of speaking out against royalty, schoolmasters, a cruel meat industry and others coming from his voice.

Rick has done fine on the UK charts the last few years https://www.officialcharts.com/artist/29941/rick-astley/ with two new albums of his own material and additional singles with a Best of. I can only logically suppose that he's been bribed to do this by the music industry in an attempt to siphon fans away from Moz when I've seen the massive amounts of money they've already spent on producing just one Simpsons episode to mock and deride him. I don't think this will turn out well for anyone but Moz and his fans who know his true worth. The music industry can't replicate a singer like him without people knowing the difference. He is a real human speaking words he means, and the music industry will learn that is priceless. If not with these two shows then another time. It's really too bad Rick is associating himself with this monstrosity of shows, and I don't know much about the story behind the LotFIP photo, but then again, it doesn't completely surprise me that Astley is participating in this.

He first talked about doing a gig of Smiths songs back in 2016

A hero 😅 The malicious intent is crystal clear.

I finally saw the other thread about this where Rick sings,"Hang the DJ." Rick, you may be the one hung out to dry. Big mistake Mr Dance Music Man.

I accept that some people will not know the difference, but I will not pretend to be one of those people.

No idea what you are going on about. Blossoms fan base are mainly teenagers, these gigs will sell out in less than 15 mins. Look at the crowd reaction and the singing along to The Smiths stuff at The Forum, no agenda at all just a load of kids enjoying a great performance by Rick and Blossoms.

Money is the answer, I can't find a relationship between R Astley's laa.musica and MOZ, luckily!! . These people hang on M and M to make money

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom