Rick Astley Twitter: Rick Astley & Blossoms perform the songs of The Smiths - 2 Smiths-themed concerts in October (September 14, 2021)

IMG_20210914_174101.jpg

Further to today's coverage of their Smiths covers, Rick Astley & Blossoms are playing 2 special Smiths-themed gigs in October.
Thanks to @davidt for the information.
Confirmed via ticket outlets:

(Link courtesy of @Uncleskinny)

full

Tweet posted by Surface:

Related item:
Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
If Morrissey is going to return the favour in any way, then I think it's more likely he'd cover something by Blossoms rather than Rick.

They have a song called "My Favourite Room" which I think Morrissey would be great at.

I reckon its a cert Johnny will turn up and play a song or two at the Manchester gig with them.
Are you saying that I said they can’t sell tickets by just playing their own songs?, because I never said that in my post.

I believe that, but I wonder what the deal was for Classically Smiths that Marr
stopped from happening then.

Ah ok I miss understood. The cancellation of Classically Smiths was nothing to do with Marr. Shame it never happened though as Hacienda Classical has become a really big event to the point where they are now playing arenas's and large outdoor venues.

I reckon its a cert Johnny will turn up and play a song or two at the Manchester gig with them.

Ah ok I miss understood. The cancellation of Classically Smiths was nothing to do with Marr.

Ok I have no proof that Marr or Morrissey had anything to do with stopping it.

But do you have any proof they didn’t ?

Let’s not forget that it seems that Andy wouldn’t want to upset Marr, and Mike thought it pointless without Andy.

Shame it never happened though as Hacienda Classical has become a really big event to the point where they are now playing arenas's and large outdoor venues.

They are both on the same bill at The Old Trafford gig next weekend, so just assuming they will sort something out, Albert Hallis a venue he likes to play as well.

oh yes, we can be sure Johnny will find a way.

Ok I have no proof that Marr or Morrissey had anything to do with stopping it.

But do you have any proof they didn’t ?

Let’s not forget that it seems that Andy wouldn’t want to upset Marr.

Well the reasons for the cancellation are well publicised but if you want to play the conspiracy theorist, fill your boots. The only thing Marr did was criticise the event.

Well the reasons for the cancellation are well publicised but if you want to play the conspiracy theorist, fill your boots. The only thing Marr did was criticise the event.

:lbf: whatever.

:(

i wouldnt put it beyond :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: to actually show up and play with a Smiths tribute band🦨
wig and all🦱
A shanda of epic proportions🏴

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom