Rick Astley & Blossoms - Albert Hall, Manchester post gig thread (October 8, 2021)

Entered to Coronation Street theme and opened with What Difference Does It Make?

Setlist:

What Difference Does It Make?
Bigmouth Strikes Again
Still Ill
Reel Around The Fountain
Cemetry Gates
Ask
Hand In Glove
Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others
The Boy With The Thorn In His Side
Girlfriend In A Coma
Well I Wonder
Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now
Panic
William, It Was Really Nothing
Barbarism Begins at Home
Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want

Encore:
How Soon Is Now?
This Charming Man
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out

Regards,
FWD.

(Post anything related to this gig here).

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, nice to see Morrissey appreciates The Smiths music reaching a new audience
Very gracious of him. Rick must be doing cartwheels at the house at this very moment! 🙌🏻🙌🏻

Having fun is cute, but let´s be honest the recitals were done for the love of money, not for love The Smiths
Moz and Johnny are annoying for sure,.The attitude of these people was disloyal.
J Marr told them and Moz told him when he went to see another show.
That´s why criticize R a and company, i´m sorry but i have certain values that i strictly respect, and i don´t like it when people are advantageous.
And finally i want to say that MORRISSEY there is only one and there will be none like it.
Anyone can sing to Moz ,in fact he posts when he likes what the fans do.But those two recitals were not for love...
Luckely Moz has people who really love him ,like me who without knowing him personally i love him and much and even insolitamente. 🥰

Do Morrissey and Marr get anything monetarily by having their songs performed by someone else in a live paid show?
Yes - the song's composers paid get royalties for live performances (at least for legit paying shows, rather than tiny cover bands in your local boozer), so they should get a 50/50 split. Every time Morrissey plays a Smiths song as a solo show, Johnny should get some royalties. Equally, Morrissey should get paid when Johnny does a Smiths song at one of his gigs. Andy and Mike get nothing, as usual.

As the discussion has merged in to one re: latest Morrissey quote @ Central, the posts above are not all getting sorted and moved - discuss here or the now main thread:
All Morrissey 'statements' get their own threads.
FWD.

There you go again with your warped mind, there are no winners or losers on this site just decent people who like music

and the odd wanker who add no value whatsoever.

well, stop being an old wanker then.

Btw I’m still waiting for your reply to this .....
The funny thing is Ketamine is probably someone who Morrissey wouldn't like as he's very supportive of other artists.
whatever that means.
It means you are very disrespectful

Who should I respect? and why ?

Yeah, how dare people have fun.

I await your Damascene conversion the next time Morrissey plays some Smiths songs.

Is your head full of wasps? Do you really lack non-partisan critical faculties?
Oh lord as Kenneth Williams nearly once said "irony irony skinny oblivious to the irony"... Of all folks to say someone lacks non-partisan critical faculties... Jeez

Blah blah blah, again another tribute band to the greatest singer of all time....this is how iconic Morrissey is!!!! Everybody wants to sing his songs.....who has lost here?......obviously The Record Label executives for listening to morons and there fake news from nobodys.

:lbf:

now suddenly, overnight. moz and ser are shakespeare and marlowe :lbf:

thank you sucky blossom group for keeping it real and locking out :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:

:hammer:

An excellent review which captures the feel, the equally great stars last night were onstage and made up the audience. An homage. Spot on about the 'lawn-mower parts' too.

'Charlie Salt’s subtle bass playing and lively drummer Joe Donovan offer a reminder that Andy Rourke and Mike Joyce were the always unsung heroes of The Smiths.'

https://louderthanwar.com/rick-astl...smiths-at-albert-hall-manchester-live-review/

thats a dumb review Hugh, if a sucky kid bass player is as good as the lawnmowers, it means anyone can be a lawnmower, which is Moz true point to begin with.:straightface:
im assuming the reviewer is a troll and didnt mean to heap prais on moz, making him more a dimwit than anything else. :hammer:

"It shouldn’t have worked, and it should remain a one-off experience, but in an oddly enjoyable way Rick Astley and Blossoms somehow find a way to do justice to some of the greatest songs ever written."

Having fun is cute, but let´s be honest the recitals were done for the love of money, not for love The Smiths
Moz and Johnny are annoying for sure,.The attitude of these people was disloyal.
J Marr told them and Moz told him when he went to see another show.
That´s why criticize R a and company, i´m sorry but i have certain values that i strictly respect, and i don´t like it when people are advantageous.
And finally i want to say that MORRISSEY there is only one and there will be none like it.
Anyone can sing to Moz ,in fact he posts when he likes what the fans do.But those two recitals were not for love...
Luckely Moz has people who really love him ,like me who without knowing him personally i love him and much and even insolitamente. 🥰
Fortunately what you want, think, or like has no bearing... feel free to exit this thread if you find it so upsetting... the rest of us are enjoying the discussion on a nice Smiths tribute.

Last edited:
Has any one got the full gig?

This is by far the best tribute I've seen re The Smiths .i hate tributes but this looked great.
Rick is such an English performer and he gets the phrasing right..sometgubg nearly every, if not all, American tribute never do.
Blossoms really did a grand job as well...way better than Ms band.

Maybe they will play LA .

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom