Rick Astley & Blossoms - Albert Hall, Manchester post gig thread (October 8, 2021)

Entered to Coronation Street theme and opened with What Difference Does It Make?

Setlist:

What Difference Does It Make?
Bigmouth Strikes Again
Still Ill
Reel Around The Fountain
Cemetry Gates
Ask
Hand In Glove
Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others
The Boy With The Thorn In His Side
Girlfriend In A Coma
Well I Wonder
Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now
Panic
William, It Was Really Nothing
Barbarism Begins at Home
Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want

Encore:
How Soon Is Now?
This Charming Man
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out

Regards,
FWD.

(Post anything related to this gig here).

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Not according to people who were there.

Well if folks here are judging the way it sounds by watching a video and saying it sounds good, then people that also judge it by watching the video and saying it sounds bad to them, is just as fair.

Sorry.

I like this whole concept and Richard clearly means well but his singing voice is a bit ... yuck. He just seems to belt out everything at top volume without any light or shade, a bit like Liam Gallagher. Nuance-free cover versions. Still, maybe some good will come of the whole thing...

I like this whole concept and Richard clearly means well but his singing voice is a bit ... yuck. He just seems to belt out everything at top volume without any light or shade, a bit like Liam Gallagher. Nuance-free cover versions. Still, maybe some good will come of the whole thing...
I loved it. Really enjoyed being there with my kid. Morrissey wasn’t displaced, he was celebrated.

It was respectful, joyous, and brilliantly executed.

Last edited by a moderator:
:)

the sucky blossom group showed plenty of smarts and pep by keeping :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:
away from the gig. which is not an easy thing to do, he is always looking to add himself.
hitting the blossom group for an opening slot on their next tour:handfist:
they had security close up all the fire escapes👩‍🚒

:hammer:

I was at the front of this gig. For the first time in about 15 years. My boy is a mosh pit convert. Although it was mostly doddery old f***ers like me.
That's awesome. I love it when a proud parent will refer to their son as 'my boy'. I will do that too, as I have 5 kids, and most are boys.

Good for you Hovis for sharing and teaching your boy culture. I think that's awesome. Probably something that he will remember for the rest of his life...not the music, but the night he shared culture with his proud parent.

Be well all, and safe out there.

Hehee ha ha jajiii oh GLORIOUS Jesus Ricky disguised as Morrissey!!!! And the potato in the mouth, sometimes it gets stuck in the throat and the voice so deep with the potato there. his voice does not come out uhhh a total disaster!!!!!!

Uh Ricky has more surgeries on his face!! Stop with the aesthetic surgeries, or your eyes will end up on the back of the neck of so much stretching,!!!!!

Gotta to say Blossoms have delivered the musical elements really well, Ricks voice is a lot deeper than Morrissey's but it works and at the end of the day Ricks fulfilled his ambition of playing a Smiths set. He played 18 Smiths songs which is pretty good going!

I was looking for a job and got a job singing like Morrissey, but with a potato in my mouth and now heaven knows how miserable I am (R A)

It shouldn't be surprising that the usual suspects here are so hostile towards anything associated to The Smiths, because many people still love that band more than Morrissey's solo career. The whole thing was a sincere tribute and Blossoms seemed to play The Smiths songs better than Morrissey's current band. Astley's voice lacks the subtlety of Morrissey, but the idea of him singing The Smiths is fun and his love for these songs is obvious. And on the YouTube is hard to even hear his voice, because everybody sings along. I'm pretty sure Morrissey would have wanted to witness this too, although of course he couldn't.

What I mean is, that some are so enamoured with Mozzer that they see everyone else doing even remotely the same thing (guitar-based alternative music) as competition and therefor feel the need to shit on these artists and bands. Some have a hard time respecting both Moz and those that might be his competition.
Don´t generalize not everyone likes Liam G ,I don´t like it in any way.I never liked Oasis and i don´t thik Liam G is competition for Morrissey.MORRISSEY is in another musical dimension ,in the supradimension,.I say this with my heart,i am not troll nobody pays me,i just listen to Morrissey and compare all the time...I am a genuine fan of MORRISSEY,it is my soul that loves MOZ!!!!!!!!!

like when you diss my posts because they don’t fit your warped agenda?

yawn. you always say that when you know you’re losing.

There you go again with your warped mind, there are no winners or losers on this site just decent people who like music and the odd wanker who add no value whatsoever.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom