Rick Astley & Blossoms - Albert Hall, Manchester post gig thread (October 8, 2021)

Entered to Coronation Street theme and opened with What Difference Does It Make?

Setlist:

What Difference Does It Make?
Bigmouth Strikes Again
Still Ill
Reel Around The Fountain
Cemetry Gates
Ask
Hand In Glove
Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others
The Boy With The Thorn In His Side
Girlfriend In A Coma
Well I Wonder
Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now
Panic
William, It Was Really Nothing
Barbarism Begins at Home
Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want

Encore:
How Soon Is Now?
This Charming Man
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out

Regards,
FWD.

(Post anything related to this gig here).

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Liam Gallagher's cultural impact is non-debatable. This has been evident these last few days.

He's dynamic, relatable and loveble. The girls want to f*** him, the boys want to be him. His is the greatest comeback probably since Morrissey 2004, or Elvis 1968. To call him clown-shoes and whatever else is beyond ignorant. But I guess he's competition to Moz, so some feel they have no choice.

And yes, viva Rick! Like someone else said, hope Moz brings him along as an opener on a future tour.

You only know what you choose to decipher from what Morrissey tells you. There's far more to Morrissey than what you see and lots pf people know loads of stuff round here.
Massive gig? Frankly, I was surprised. It’s the pure audacity that might sell the tickets?

You only know what you choose to decipher from what Morrissey tells you.

And you only know what you choose to decipher from what Morrissey tells you. Though, I don’t know how much he has told you.

There's far more to Morrissey than what you see

Actually, there’s far more to Morrissey than what you and we see.

and lots pf people know loads of stuff round here.

Moz related? I’d hope so.

Liam Gallagher's cultural impact is non-debatable. This has been evident these last few days.

He's dynamic, relatable and loveble. The girls want to f*** him, the boys want to be him. His is the greatest comeback probably since Morrissey 2004, or Elvis 1968. To call him clown-shoes and whatever else is beyond ignorant. But I guess he's competition to Moz, so some feel they have no choice.

And yes, viva Rick! Like someone else said, hope Moz brings him along as an opener on a future tour.

Very well put Gregor, I love this solo track of his, Once, completely different than the Oasis stuff.

And you only know what you choose to decipher from what Morrissey tells you. Though, I don’t know how much he has told you.

Actually, there’s far more to Morrissey than what you and we see.

Moz related? I’d hope so.

He's told me nothing but Bernard and Hooky have. There seems to be a gentleman's code amongst musicians and they will keep their observations to themselves and people they trust. Maybe they and others around Bowdon, Altrincham, Manchester etc will say more when M passes. BTW there's awful in their observations but they paint a different picture to the reclusive person we tend to see.

He's dynamic, relatable and loveble. The girls want to f*** him, the boys want to be him. His is the greatest comeback probably since Morrissey 2004, or Elvis 1968. To call him clown-shoes and whatever else is beyond ignorant.

But I guess he's competition to Moz, so some feel they have no choice.

I don’t measure an artist’s success by sales. So no, I don’t think of Liam
or any mainstream act as ‘competition’. :lbf: Sorry.

Very well put Gregor, I love this solo track of his, Once, completely different than the Oasis stuff.

Amazing. Might be his best solo song. Stiff competition, though. I especially like his second album.

I don’t measure an artist’s success by sales. So no, I don’t think of Liam
or any mainstream act as ‘competition’. Sorry.
Who mentioned sales? Morrissey loves sales figures, chart placings and audience numbers, though. So maybe he sees Liam as competition?

He's told me nothing

That’s what I thought.

but Bernard and Hooky have.

They have or they haven’t? Seems your stating above they have, then below you state ....
There seems to be a gentleman's code amongst musicians and they will keep their observations to themselves and people they trust.

So Bernard and Hooky haven’t told you anything?
Maybe they and others around Bowdon, Altrincham, Manchester etc will say more when M passes.

sure.
BTW there's awful in their observations but they paint a different picture to the reclusive person we tend to see.

?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom