Rick Astley & Blossoms - Albert Hall, Manchester post gig thread (October 8, 2021)

Entered to Coronation Street theme and opened with What Difference Does It Make?

Setlist:

What Difference Does It Make?
Bigmouth Strikes Again
Still Ill
Reel Around The Fountain
Cemetry Gates
Ask
Hand In Glove
Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others
The Boy With The Thorn In His Side
Girlfriend In A Coma
Well I Wonder
Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now
Panic
William, It Was Really Nothing
Barbarism Begins at Home
Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want

Encore:
How Soon Is Now?
This Charming Man
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out

Regards,
FWD.

(Post anything related to this gig here).

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Liam Gallagher's cultural impact is non-debatable. This has been evident these last few days.

He's dynamic, relatable and loveble. The girls want to f*** him, the boys want to be him. His is the greatest comeback probably since Morrissey 2004, or Elvis 1968. To call him clown-shoes and whatever else is beyond ignorant. But I guess he's competition to Moz, so some feel they have no choice.

And yes, viva Rick! Like someone else said, hope Moz brings him along as an opener on a future tour.
Who mentioned sales? Morrissey loves sales figures, chart placings and audience numbers, though. So maybe he sees Liam as competition?

‘To call him clown-shoes and whatever else is beyond ignorant. But I guess he's competition to Moz, so some feel they have no choice.’

What do you mean by ‘so some feel they have no choice’?

That’s what I thought.

They have or they haven’t? Seems your stating above they have, then below you state ....

So Bernard and Hooky haven’t told you anything?

sure.

?

I said they talk to people they trust. Alderley Edge is a small place and Bernard and Hooky live here and Morrissey visits here as Im sure you know.

‘To call him clown-shoes and whatever else is beyond ignorant. But I guess he's competition to Moz, so some feel they have no choice.’

What do you mean by ‘so some feel they have no choice’?
What I mean is, that some are so enamoured with Mozzer that they see everyone else doing even remotely the same thing (guitar-based alternative music) as competition and therefor feel the need to shit on these artists and bands. Some have a hard time respecting both Moz and those that might be his competition.

I said they talk to people they trust. Alderley Edge is a small place and Bernard and Hooky live here and Morrissey visits here as Im sure you know.

Ah so they trust you ? I thought you said that there may be
gentleman's code amongst musicians and they will keep their observations to themselves and people they trust.’

Did you tell them that you were a musician ?

whatever that means. Are you still Rick rolled ? Don’t worry you’ll feel better in a few days.

My boy and I stayed in a hotel last night, and we were speaking about Morrissey this morning. We both collided on the song ‘What Kind of People…’. And we agreed it was fantastic, moreover we agreed it’s as good as any song he’s ever wrote.

More of that, please, Mr. Morrissey.

What I mean is, that some are so enamoured with Mozzer that they see everyone else doing even remotely the same thing (guitar-based alternative music) as competition

Yes, and as I said, I don’t see it as a ‘competition’ between M and popular musical acts. Because I don’t measure an artist’s success by sales.

and therefor feel the need to shit on these artists and bands. Some have a hard time respecting both Moz and those that might be his competition.

What I mean is, that some are so enamoured with Mozzer that they see everyone else doing even remotely the same thing (guitar-based alternative music) as competition and therefor feel the need to shit on these artists and bands. Some have a hard time respecting both Moz and those that might be his competition.

The funny thing is Ketamine is probably someone who Morrissey wouldn't like as he's very supportive of other artists.

I thought they were brilliant. I’m a big fan of Blossoms anyway, but I think these two gigs must be the hardest they’ve had to work live and they did themselves proud. Astley was a great frontman and put his own spin on the songs and reached some of the high notes surprisingly well. They also did a few surprising choices; Reel Around the Fountain was one of the best of the night. The only thing I could criticise is that they could’ve easily done a few more songs - Strangeways was notably lacking representation - and the band were so good I’d have loved to see them tackle an instrumental or two.

There may be Smiths tribute bands that do something “better”, but it’s important to note that’s not what these gents were doing. They’re doing covers of Smiths songs, not just playing the studio tracks, as tributes do.

Audience were great, lively and having the best time.

My boy and I stayed in a hotel last night, and we were speaking about Morrissey this morning. We both collided on the song ‘What Kind of People…’. And we agreed it was fantastic, moreover we agreed it’s as good as any song he’s ever wrote.

Aw.

More of that, please, Mr. Morrissey.

Tweet it to Sam. I don’t think M will hear your pleas from the echo chamber that is solo.

Ah so they trust you ? I thought you said that there may be
gentleman's code amongst musicians and they will keep their observations to themselves and people they trust.’

Did you tell them that you were a musician ?

Do you speak to your neighbours?

I thought they were brilliant. I’m a big fan of Blossoms anyway, but I think these two gigs must be the hardest they’ve had to work live and they did themselves proud. Astley was a great frontman and put his own spin on the songs and reached some of the high notes surprisingly well. The only thing I could criticise is that they could’ve easily done a few more songs and the band were so good I’d have loved to see them tackle an instrumental or two.

There may be Smiths tribute bands that do something “better”, but it’s important to note that’s not what these gents were doing. They’re doing covers of Smiths songs, not just playing the studio tracks, as tributes do.

Audience were great, lively and having the best time.
I was at the front of this gig. For the first time in about 15 years. My boy is a mosh pit convert. Although it was mostly doddery old f***ers like me.

Yes, and as I said, I don’t see it as a ‘competition’ between M and popular musical acts. Because I don’t measure an artist’s success by sales.
I don't know why you harp on about sales. Or why you seem to think that Liam is top 40 fluff and Mozzer avant-garde.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom