Richard Hawley

earlier this week, i found this on wikipedia

In 1991, Hawley auditioned to be a guitarist in Morrissey's live band, but was rejected after he started singing "One Night" by Elvis Presley during his audition.

does anyone know more about this. truth or just a myth?
i hope it's not, because i love thos idiosyncracies that make mozz who he is.

Richard Hawley gets A LOT of plays in my household...he's such a brilliant artist. I wonder if Morrissey regrets turning him down after all these years...?

Mr. Hawley would have been a perfect addition to the song writing duo of Boz and Alain.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nDFLbWgCc2U&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nDFLbWgCc2U&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
:cool:

Richard Hawley gets A LOT of plays in my household...he's such a brilliant artist. I wonder if Morrissey regrets turning him down after all these years...?

Mr. Hawley would have been a perfect addition to the song writing duo of Boz and Alain.

I like Richard Hawley, brilliant songwriter indeed, beautiful voice he has.
Not sure if Morrissey regrets turning Hawley down, but I definitely do regret that.

I like Richard Hawley, brilliant songwriter indeed, beautiful voice he has.
Not sure if Morrissey regrets turning Hawley down, but I definitely do regret that.

agree....and the last Richard Hawley's album is pure beauty.

I vaguely recall hearing Hawley interviewed on the radio and this subject came up. I understand that he sang at the 'audition' and that put the lid on it - Morrissey wasn't looking for a singer.

I vaguely recall hearing Hawley interviewed on the radio and this subject came up. I understand that he sang at the 'audition' and that put the lid on it - Morrissey wasn't looking for a singer.

The odd thing was that Richard Hawley failed the audition since he was singing backing vocals. The person who ended up getting the part was Alain White, who has now done more backing vocals than any other Morrissey band member.:crazy:

By the way, I'm glad to see some Richard Hawley fans on this site. The man is SO under appreciated!

what a interesting fact. I've never heard of that before.
Might we be surprised for Morrissey rejected him only 'cause Richard sings very well? I guess not.
But I prefer Alain and Boz, anyway

Back
Top Bottom