Richard Hawley ripping off King Leer

Danny

Has anyone heard his song "Serious"?

They've been playing it a lot on Radio 6 in the morning and everytime it comes on I expect Morrissey to come in singing. Unfortunately, instead, you get one of Hawley's awful olde time crooner pastiches over the top.

But if the song does not exist, what can he complain about??

If I can recall correctly, Morrissey was in Cryogenic Stasis during 1991 and all that was released that year was an audio recording of his Fall 1990 Jonathan Ross Performance "I've Changed My Plea To Guilty" and the Rockabilly Jam song he left unifinished "The Loop" which was rushed out by his record company. Upon being awakened from Stasis, he discovered that he had recieved a partnership offer from Boz Boorer and Alain Whyte who brought along their friends Gary Day and Spencer Corbin...in his mailbox Morrissey discovered audio demos from a certain "Mark Nevin" whom he vagually recalled from their early 1990 collaberation, and he thus recorded the two Nevin songs "You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side" and "I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday" with his new band...and then embarked on his FIRST World Tour in 1992 to promote his SECOND solo album Your Arsenal...

If I can recall correctly, Morrissey was in Cryogenic Stasis during 1991 and all that was released that year was an audio recording of his Fall 1990 Jonathan Ross Performance "I've Changed My Plea To Guilty" and the Rockabilly Jam song he left unifinished "The Loop" which was rushed out by his record company. Upon being awakened from Stasis, he discovered that he had recieved a partnership offer from Boz Boorer and Alain Whyte who brought along their friends Gary Day and Spencer Corbin...in his mailbox Morrissey discovered audio demos from a certain "Mark Nevin" whom he vagually recalled from their early 1990 collaberation, and he thus recorded the two Nevin songs "You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side" and "I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday" with his new band...and then embarked on his FIRST World Tour in 1992 to promote his SECOND solo album Your Arsenal...

Yes, you remember correct. It was a great success, that second album. Am I mistaken, or something similar had to be repeated later on, due to the instability of the specimen?

It's not as if Morrissey hasn't done the same is it?

He probably thinks "good on yer" and feels quite smug about it.

Of course, all the indie hipsters will carry on sucking up to Hawley while slagging Morrissey, and have no idea that Hawley is nicking stuff from Morrissey's most despised album. :p

Of course, all the indie hipsters will carry on sucking up to Hawley while slagging Morrissey, and have no idea that Hawley is nicking stuff from Morrissey's most despised album. :p
whooppssss

Last edited:

in the case of Morrissey's collobrators, stealing from The Sex Pistols doesn't seem to be blasphemy...

Was Jesse even born when Never Mind The Bullocks was released?

in the case of Morrissey's collobrators, stealing from The Sex Pistols doesn't seem to be blasphemy...

Was Jesse even born when Never Mind The Bullocks was released?

The most blatent bit of borrowing has to be 'Girl Least likely to' that was a change the lyrics and a few notes job

The most blatent bit of borrowing has to be 'Girl Least likely to' that was a change the lyrics and a few notes job

Yes, but I like that song...I've yet to make up my mind about God Save The...er, All You Need Is Me...It has humurous bits to it...but I don't dislike it or love it...

Yes, but I like that song...I've yet to make up my mind about God Save The...er, All You Need Is Me...It has humurous bits to it...but I don't dislike it or love it...

It is a nice song live, but i don;t think it would translate well to a studio recording. It would;nt do much in the charts so i don;t think there is much point in recording it.

On a side note, does moz still own the rights for attack records or do they stay where they were?

Back
Top Bottom