Richard Blade (Sirius XM radio) talks about promoting Morrissey; writes open letter / email

Re: Richard Blade on Moz: "He is too great an artist to allow his talents to be squandered in pettin

Morrissey only seems to spend time with people on his payroll or fans (Julia, Russell Brand). They are all going to continuously tell him "yes". Richard Blade is risking being banished for his statement, but he's right.

Re: Richard Blade on Moz: "He is too great an artist to allow his talents to be squandered in pettin

I don't know anything about him at all (probably because I'm from the East Coast), I'm just not used to people doing this kind of thing publicly. I always cringe when I see people post "open letters" on the internet, etc. I don't understand why Blade posted the email on his Facebook page instead of just sending it. I suppose that's Morrissey's style as well, though, isn't it?

Fave Richard Blade story. In the early 90's when David Gahan (Depeche Mode) was living in LA and tried to commit suicide, somehow Richard Blade quickly found out about it and thought the appropriate thing to do was immediately announce it live on the air. Having said that he has been a longtime supporter of Morrissey and The Smiths.

Last edited:
Re: Article: Richard Blade (Sirius XM radio) talks about promoting Morrissey; writes open letter / e

Morrissey's life these days: cancel a gig, release a sub par album, rant on TTY, cancel a gig, hire a killer, rant on TTY, get fired by a major label, rant on TTY, cancel a gig, start touring again, cancel a gig, rant on TTY and so on.

The rythm of life goes round....

My_Sheep_Hear.jpg

Oh the sheep analogy. That's a new one.

Re: Article: Richard Blade (Sirius XM radio) talks about promoting Morrissey; writes open letter / e

Morrissey's life these days: cancel a gig, release a sub par album, rant on TTY, cancel a gig, hire a killer, rant on TTY, get fired by a major label, rant on TTY, cancel a gig, start touring again, cancel a gig, rant on TTY and so on.

Eric Hardpan's life these days,

Wake up, look at the sky...bitch, go to work....bitch, get on solo...bitch, watch TV.....bitch, think about Morrissey.....bitch, think about Morrissey ...bitch......

......the rhythm of life and the bitching stops with a hanging.

Last edited by a moderator:

I really think you should drag your obese body to the gym and start working out, because you sound like a depressed fat git.

Trust me, it will do you loads of good.

He's kind of like the American equivalent to John Peel for Morrissey's beginning Solo days. He was a big supporter in getting the airplay and attention out and probably most responsible for the live at KROQ recordings in LA.

View attachment 32721

With that history, I suppose, it gives him more right to an opinion than anyone here, regardless of however unaccepted the message may be. He still hosts Smiths/Morrissey conventions annually.

I'm American and I have no idea who Richard Blade is either. Never heard of the man.

Oddly enough, I do know who John Peel is.

Go back to 1991 or 1992.. even in 1997 Morrissey was everywhere.

Midnight record store signings.
Hangin' With MTV
Live on 120 Minutes with Dave Kendall
On Rockline playing live songs and taking phone calls from fans.
Giving a copy of Life at Hammersmith Odeon from the tail end of the Kill Uncle tour to KROQ where they played the entire show twice!

So your logic that people, Morrissey specifically does not change is very misguided and factually incorrect.

Here, Mr. Blade is calling Moz out on his bullshit that NO ONE ASKED. Blade said he was willing to kiss Morrissey's ass to help promote the new album and Morrissey, given full opportunity to do it any way he wanted chose not to.

Even if Harvest had no plans to promote the record, the fact that Morrissey had a chance and didn't take it means he MUST take his fair share of the blame.

Morrissey's sob story is a joke. I have no idea what Morrissey wants. I think he just wants to play victim.

That's about the only thing that makes sense in your post.

More or less promotion are not signs of a changed human being. It's just a change in circumstances. He had a stable record deal with Parlophone EMI until 1994. After that he's been with a number of record companies that haven't worked out, but we still have got some amazing Morrissey records out of it. So if he was everywhere in 91 and 92 that somehow means he should be everywhere now does it?

Again I ask what is the point of complaining about how he does his business if you still get music from it? Isn't that why we are fans? He releases a record, we buy it and go see him at gigs. Lately it seems it's more important for you people to look forward to his TTY posts and whine and complain about what he thinks and says and then come up with reasons as to why he doesn't rise to the level of what you think he should be like. God that must be exhausting because god knows it's exhausting trying to explain to you just how futile it is.

I don't even care if he's his own worst enemy. I accept all his foibles as they make for a more interesting human being and they fuel his artistic process. You don't get great music from a company man. He is not my friend or my associate and I know he doesn't give a shit what I say or think and I'm okay with that.

So what if you guys think a radio DJ nailed it with a facebook post. It must take some ego to write that garbage and think Morrissey would care. It's probably the same ego that's swimming through your minds. You're never going to get it so my ranting is just as futile as yours.

You guys and girls have mistaken Morrissey for someone who gives a shit.

Last edited:

Great posts, Miss Mozarella.

Thanks for being a voice of sanity around here.

Unlike......(yeah, you know who).

I am sure you have seen it many times as it is your maxim.

You come off as an angry, whiny, ass-kissing douche bag. Seriously. Your posts are hard to stomach. Are you like this in person?

I am sure you have seen it many times as it is your maxim.

You come off as an angry, whiny, ass-kissing douche bag. Seriously. Your posts are hard to stomach. Are you like this in person?

Ha....You come off as an angry, whiny, ass-kissing (Tseng's) douche bag. Seriously, your posts are hard to stomach. Are you like this in person?

See, I can be Reality bites too.

Eric Hardpan's life these days,

Wake up, look at the sky...bitch, go to work....bitch, get on solo...bitch, watch TV.....bitch, think about Morrissey.....bitch, think about Morrissey ...bitch......

......the rhythm of life and the bitching stops with a hanging.

Lame. You are the most obnoxious and baldest troll on Solo right now. You should be ashamed. Seriously.

Lame. You are the most obnoxious and baldest troll on Solo right now. You should be ashamed. Seriously.

I'm just trolling the trolls....look at what you all write.

I'm just giving it back to all of you....But I'm the baldest and the baddest?

Not hardly.

Go soak your head.

I don't understand everyone's concern over Morrissey's career choices. He is a grown man and he alone must live with the consequences. Just because I spent 10 dollars every 5 years on an album doesn't entitle me to question his life.

Morrissey stands for what he believes in and I respect that. How many of us would love to tell our employer to f*** off? Well he does, more than I can say about most of us.

Well his life is still more interesting than yours, because you are following day to day news of him, he's not following you.

Some guy on a radio show doesn't approve of Morrissey's career choices? Oh, well f***ing hell.

Morrissey has been doing this for roughly 30 years. Do you really think he's going to change? People do not change. Get over it. It's a record deal gone bad. It isn't the end of Morrissey's world. All you have control over is how you hear his music coming out of the speakers and on stage. The rest has sweet f*** all to do with us. Close your eyes and try to imagine just how meaningless these rants about how he operates are to him. Does that put it in perspective for you? You're just howling at the moon.

What the hell do you want to be his guidance counsellor for? Life is too f***ing short...

Typical response from you; anyone who even utters one word against your beloved Morrissey is wrong. At least I can praise him for his earlier work.

Sorry, but you're a perfect example of what's wrong.
"Yes! Yes! YES! Everything you say is perfect, Morrissey! Everything you do is beyond question, Morrissey Sir!!! Anyone who does so is not worth you time! Can I clean your shoes please Sir? Not that there's any dirt on your perfect shoes or nuffink! I just want to clean them! O please say I can!!!!"

It's not healthy for him to be surrounded by people who praise him in suppository form.
If you really cared about him, you would see that.

Very well said. Too many of the lemmings like TRB who constantly kiss arse and lap up anything Morrissey does or says.

You can't blame her posting a picture of sheep. We've all seen what happens when she tries to debate a topic. It all just come out as pure nonsense. I welcome the picture replies. God knows they are much easier to stomach and probably easier for her too.

You can't blame her posting a picture of sheep. We've all seen what happens when she tries to debate a topic. It all just come out as pure nonsense. I welcome the picture replies. God knows they are much easier to stomach and probably easier for her too.

Who are you talking to? Your imaginary fanbase of readers/followers?

Let me tell you a little about this radio guy. In the early 90s he would promote "Morrissey nights" events at different clubs. On those nights he would play 2 Morrissey songs and the rest of the night he would play "techno" music, so f*** him.

Let me tell you a little about this radio guy. In the early 90s he would promote "Morrissey nights" events at different clubs. On those nights he would play 2 Morrissey songs and the rest of the night he would play "techno" music, so f*** him.

Yeah I couldn't give a shit about a radio DJ. He's certainly no John Peel.

Morrissey's career a radio disc jockey does not make.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom