Richard Attenborough dies - Morrissey statement at true-to-you.net

Link posted by an anonymous person (original post):

Richard Attenborough dies - true-to-you.net
26 August 2014

"I was thrilled beyond words to have met Richard Attenborough, who, of course, played Pinkie in Brighton Rock (1947), a central theme of my song Now my heart is full. When I met Sir Richard he was delightful, and I asked him if Brighton Rock seemed like a hundred years ago. He replied 'Oh, much more than that ...'.
I also had the extraordinary pleasure of meeting the recently deceased Lauren Bacall ... so beautiful, so cautious ... and so sad that her death was overshadowed by that of Robin Williams. It was Lauren, not Robin, who changed motion picture history. Yet modern media has an odd way of forgetting the more senior servers of the arts. Dora Bryan, whom I knew personally in the late 80s, and who also died in recent weeks, had pitifully slim attention from the British news media, yet her talents were a treasured staple of British life throughout the 1950s, 1960s and beyond. Dora had agreed to introduce the Smiths onstage at the London Palladium in 1986, but at the last minute her agent asked for a fee which we, the Smiths, just couldn't afford.
However, in our X-factory society, it seems that anyone who has NOT appeared on Big Brother just isn't worth remembering by the British media ... alas."

Morrissey.

Related media:

Last edited:
you really think the x-factor is about talent and ability? i thought it was all about a load of teenage girls voting several times for their 'favourite'? if it was about talent and ability why do the winners always sink without a trace?

The fact you and I find the competitors largely talentless and unable does not mean the premise of the show is not to judge the competitors by their talent and ability.

Odd fixation on death? Maybe...to you, maybe to most people. Keep your nose to the ground...one foot after the other until we reach the end. Don't question anything...move on there....keep movin', Goddamn it.

Morrissey had quite a bit to say about death in his book. Sex allows life to go on to ....death. Maybe sex is a "little death".

Since "Ringleader of the Tormentors", Morrissey has written more and more about death. It's part of life, of course, and Morrissey has his obsessions like all of us but he can work out the problems of life as he sees it through the creative process of his art. I dig it. He's one of the best for me. Most of us work out our obsessions through work or play or art appreciation or some other distraction.

Yeah, it is what it is. But what exactly is it.... and where is it going?

I think that Robin Williams death bothered him......He and Robin Williams have a lot more in common than he's willing to admit.

What do you mean when you say "work out our obsessions"?

Someone has sand in their crotch

I have sand in my anus if you want to get technical. And I think it keeps bleeding becuase I'm taking so many NSAIDS to help my neck. I'm a f***ing mess and I need this asshole to be holding me not punching my spirit babies. Don't drink and TTY.

I have sand in my anus if you want to get technical. And I think it keeps bleeding becuase I'm taking so many NSAIDS to help my neck. I'm a f***ing mess and I need this asshole to be holding me not punching my spirit babies. Don't drink and TTY.

He seems to be drinking and tty-ing a lot lately.

What do you mean when you say "work out our obsessions"?

"our obsessions"....socially accepted behavior that allows us to keep moving forward and not get bogged down or lost because of the oppressive fear of life...and the fear of death. The curse of modern man.

Things like work, play, sex, family, religion, guns, cars, technology ...etc...you name it.

Oh..and I don't always mean this in a negative way...these things are really necessary, to a degree.

Last edited by a moderator:
He seems to be drinking and tty-ing a lot lately.

He's a really good writer when he drinks. He just needs a teeeeeny-bit-o'-PC-proof-reader the next day. :p

The fact you and I find the competitors largely talentless and unable does not mean the premise of the show is not to judge the competitors by their talent and ability.

Oh, you mean it's supposed to be about talent. Yes that is the claim. All evidence is to the contrary.

Does anyone else git sick of "cberlin" trying to tell Moz what he should and should not say? What a joke. Moz always has something right on to say, but dumb people don't get it.

The suicide scene of Williams was macabre, but that doesn't mean people have to praise his contributions to TV & movies now. I like that he was vegan, but he only went that direction because of heart attacks, same with Bill Clinton.

I'm with CG here.

He could have easily got his (in my opinion legitimate) point across regarding the modern media's treatment of "senior servers of the art" without bringing Robin Williams into it the way he did. It was ungracious, and completely unnecessary.

Moz, I know you're better than this. I understand your anger and frustration, but I also know your beef is not with Robin. So kvetch a bit more about Harpfest, if you must vent; or channel all this energy into writing a brilliant song mocking female stereotypes. ;)

"our obsessions"....socially accepted behavior that allows us to keep moving forward and not get bogged down or lost because of the oppressive fear of life...and the fear of death. The curse of modern man.

Things like work, play, sex, family, religion, guns, cars, technology ...etc...you name it.

Oh..and I don't always mean this in a negative way...these things are really necessary, to a degree.

Yes, but what do you mean when you say we all "work out" our obsessions?

I remember reading Morrissey's dig at Lauren Bacall when she published her autobiography.
He was fed up with seeing her on chat shows talking about her late husband.

Thank goodness he changed his mind about her.

He's a really good writer when he drinks. He just needs a teeeeeny-bit-o'-PC-proof-reader the next day. :p

Like I said before, I picture him in bed in his big fluffy bathrobe, a g&t in hand, cracking his knuckles and typing out whatever he's pissed off about.

I read his latest TTY post to my wife (she is in education and has two masters degrees), forewarning her that some accuse him of making these while drinking. Her opinion was that he knows how to write well and she did not see any drunken rant in this post. (Perhaps she would if I read her some of the others).

I guess it was insensitivity by virtue of understatement. Is the mainstream media, whose job it is to report on such topics of interest, any less guilty? I appreciate the mention of the People Magazine cover, where the god-awful Dugger Spawn takes front stage to Lauren Bacall's thumbnail.

I see it as Morrissey speaking up for those he admired that received less attention in their passing. I don't find anything particularly wrong with that. I like Robin Williams (loved him in One Hour Photo) and I am sorry for his family's loss. But haters gotta hate.

Richard Attenborough's death is yet another opportunity for grave-robber & cultural appropriator / magpie par excellence "Morrissey" to covet the corpse and add it to the list alongside Lou Reed, The Ramones & various obscure drag artists & actresses.

What a prat! Can someone gas this twerp? It's now clear that the whole WPINOYB 'engage brain with consensual reality' was either a fortunate error or a total scam. He's back to what he does best/worst: dissing, throwing shade, being The Consumer Media Troll. He looks like a troll, talks like a troll. He is a troll. Gas the f***er's career. Destroy it. Go my lovelies....fly! Consider that another edict/fatwa. Terminate. I won't be rescinding this one. Enough is truly enough....

He's once again a figure of ridicule. I bet Harvest are sighing an avalanche of reliefs at not having to put up with the troll a day longer. It's amusing to read how other's are throwing some serious diss'n'shade his way. The days when the press fawned before this tin-pot pseud are well & truly over. Praise Jayzus for that, even as you throw your copy of WPINOYB into the Oxfam bag as it's now an unlistenable Corporate Rock Careerist Re-Make Fraud Artefact rather than any genuine change of heart/mind as it first appeared to be: until Morrissey opened his arse-gob and spewed this latest projectile high-velocity fecal spray at discerning listeners. He's clearly beyond hope. Why on earth would he destroy his career? Again? I am choosing to find this all a rather humorous interlude in Morrissey's descent into oblivion. Hoepfully, he'll turn the cooker on tonight and gas himself or f*** off to Dignitas after making an arse of himself at that chicken-dinner Abigail's Party club he's signed up for.

With every good wish
[Yours in stiches of laughter at the mad loopiness of Late Phase/End-Stage of Morrissey's Career Suicide]

"BrummieBoy"

Time to change my Signature!

"he spends most of the rest of the post humble-bragging about how he had met Attenborough and Bryan when they were alive."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6229463/morrissey-robin-williams-death-lauren-bacall

"before making one of his trademark unnecessarily mean-spirited comments."
Everyone is entitled to his and her own opinion. When it comes to Morrissey, however, maybe he'd be best vocalizing his thoughts into an empty broom closet instead of on the Internet.

http://www.spin.com/articles/morrissey-robin-williams-death-criticizes-lauren-bacall/

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom