Rhoda Dakar covers Morrissey - "Everyday Is Like Sunday"

Just seen that the fantastically talented Rhoda Dakar, who has sang with The Specials and many more, is releasing a cover of Morrissey's Every Day Is Like Sunday.
Can only imagine the meltdown that will cause at Guardian HQ.

Link posted by GirlAfraidWillNeverLearn:

full

Update:
Brief video clip made available via Rhoda's FB:

Full song:

Racist!!!!!!!

Nobody on here has been praising the cover version itself. All that was mentioned was Rhoda's talent in general and the look of the vinyl and cover design...
I didn't say that, did I? About people on here. Many have been praising on Facebook and Twitter without hearing it. What I'm saying is that it would be interesting to hear this version from a lady who only yesterday was slagging off Farage.

Nobody on here has been praising the cover version itself. All that was mentioned was Rhoda's talent in general and the look of the vinyl and cover design...

All of that - plus I like to support artists when I can, since this is the worst year there's been for centuries.

Bit of background:

"RHODA: “During the first lockdown, trapped in my frontroom looking out over London, this song was my earworm. It never went away. Late summer 2020 we had the chance to get into the studio, in a socially distanced fashion. The track we recorded sounded good, very good and we smiled.“"

FWD.

Ha! My hope that the flip side will be a dub version became true!

post #11

Maybe I should take up betting on the horsies?

I’ve just listened to her version of ‘007’ and it’s really quite good. I will look forward to hearing her version of Sunday.

I didn't say that, did I? About people on here. Many have been praising on Facebook and Twitter without hearing it. What I'm saying is that it would be interesting to hear this version from a lady who only yesterday was slagging off Farage.
What are you implying here RE Farage and Rhoda's cover of the song?

For all the daft c***s here who don't seem to be aware of the existence of any music outside of Morrissey (so most of you), Rhoda Dhakar is a wonderful singer, who was a part of the Two Tone movement and the second wave of ska in the late 70s/early 80s. She was the singer of her own all-female band, the Bodysnatchers, but also featured heavily on the Specials' second album 'More Specials'. The cover of this 7" has some references to that album (e.g. Pearl's Cafe).

She's an immensely talented singer and performer. You should go and watch the clips of the Bodysnatchers from the Two Tone film 'Dance Craze'. It's a sublime VHS and the LP that accompanied it is fantastic. This will probably be a great cover.

I'm saying it might be a straight cover, it might not - no one knows.
Why mention the Farage thing though? A person can rightly call OU a fascist nonce like Farage and cover a very good Morrissey song. I just get feeling that you're implying that it's not OK for someone who calls out racists can't cover the songs of someone who is a c*** and may be racist.

Why mention the Farage thing though? A person can rightly call OU a fascist nonce like Farage and cover a very good Morrissey song. I just get feeling that you're implying that it's not OK for someone who calls out racists can't cover the songs of someone who is a c*** and may be racist.
No, you're putting words into my mouth there. Why not wait. You see because you appear to be adopting one position, and casting doubt on mine. And vice versa. And neither one of us has a leg to stand on.

Btw, agree the vinyl does look pretty.

not a fan of that cover though, would have preferred a picture of her mimicking the original EDILS single sleeve.
Admittedly, you’ve never heard of her but you feel the need to comment. “I would have preferred a different cover, on this single I’ve never heard and have no intention of buying!”.

Again - NOBODY cares about your ramblings. You’re a sad, lost, no-trick slug.

Has anyone heard this? I ask because there are those praising it, without knowing the content. Who knows what she's done with the song. She may have changed the lyrics - no one knows.
There are also people panning it, with the same level of knowledge. You’re talking about Morrissey fans here. Not the lot you’d immediately go to for options on music.

Moz has slagged Farage, praised Corbyn - he pretty much hates politics. It's bizarre that people cling to tiny things he's said that sound positive, when overwhelmingly he's either not interested or complaining.

20210226_001708.jpg

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom