Rhoda Dakar covers Morrissey - "Everyday Is Like Sunday"

Just seen that the fantastically talented Rhoda Dakar, who has sang with The Specials and many more, is releasing a cover of Morrissey's Every Day Is Like Sunday.
Can only imagine the meltdown that will cause at Guardian HQ.

Link posted by GirlAfraidWillNeverLearn:

full

Update:
Brief video clip made available via Rhoda's FB:

Full song:

Just seen that the fantastically talented Rhoda Dakar, who has sang with The Specials and many more, is releasing a cover of Morrissey's Every Day Is Like Sunday.

Cute cover design, too:

rhoda.jpg

Don’t know who she is, but anyone or thing that can cause Guardian HQ’s or the haters here to have a meltdown is okay with me! :lbf:

looking forward.

:thumb:

the specials were a very good group with songs like rudy a message to you and too much too young,they had roddy radiation on guitar,what a name.terry hall left to form fun boy three.

Sadly this cover features a twist, focusing on the mundane diner "specials" often served on the weekend.

hope the b-side is a dub version of it.
The vinyl looks so pretty. 👀
I'm seriously tempted to pre-order but I'm afraid I might not like it. I can't stand most covers of Morrissey or Smiths songs.

The vinyl looks so pretty. 👀
I'm seriously tempted to pre-order but I'm afraid I might not like it. I can't stand most covers of Morrissey or Smiths songs.

Btw, agree the vinyl does look pretty.

not a fan of that cover though, would have preferred a picture of her mimicking the original EDILS single sleeve.

Bit of background:

"RHODA: “During the first lockdown, trapped in my frontroom looking out over London, this song was my earworm. It never went away. Late summer 2020 we had the chance to get into the studio, in a socially distanced fashion. The track we recorded sounded good, very good and we smiled.“"

FWD.

I bought a copy - I'm technologically incompetent though, so I'll probably just have to tell you what it sounds like unless someone else posts it.

Has anyone heard this? I ask because there are those praising it, without knowing the content. Who knows what she's done with the song. She may have changed the lyrics - no one knows.

Has anyone heard this? I ask because there are those praising it, without knowing the content. Who knows what she's done with the song. She may have changed the lyrics - no one knows.
Nobody on here has been praising the cover version itself. All that was mentioned was Rhoda's talent in general and the look of the vinyl and cover design...

I bought a copy - I'm technologically incompetent though, so I'll probably just have to tell you what it sounds like unless someone else posts it.

It will be released digitally in April too.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom