Reward: name the line crashers

Yeah, no. I'm not into calling out. Like I said in the other thread, I didn't have guts enough to confront them in person, so I'm not going to try to do it here. . .that's backwards and cowardly. I stopped doing internet call-outs many years ago and have been a happier person since. It's just not worth it.

I think the majority of those people are not -solo members anyhow, because Moz disapproves and they have to do/think/like/consume only what Morrissey has put his stamp on.

It's no use. It sucked, they suck, but let's move on.

--jeniphir

nah, theyre on solo. reading this. im sure. but they wont care.
I won't name names though. ive had enough drama for the week.

Last edited:
well i named a name. But I don't think I am cowardly for doing so... despite the fact that you folks seem to think I am. I chose to do so because I think it actually sends a signal to these folks - rather than just bitching about it in a roundabout way... in fact if anything is cowardly - it seems to me it is bitching in a roundabout way when you know the names... sorry... making vague statements about not approving and it being wrong but never putting your ass on the line... that seems cowardly to me.

I am not impossible to track down. I am sure plenty of people can figure out who I am in person or what I look like... I am not hiding or cowering. And if any of those people has a problem with me I will certainly deal with it in person. I, however, have also had enough drama for one week... so if anybody wants to confront me... don't expect much action. I might just stare at you blankly due to exhaustion.

and yes Jen... they did suck... and I agree - lets move on. thats all i am going to say about that.

Last edited:
My experiences with GA shows is this.. whoever is the most aggressive wins.

Line crashers are aggressive. You have to be more aggressive than them. If you are not you will lose everytime.

I was at a non-Moz GA show once and some guy twice my size comes pushing up behind me and steps in front of me. I tapped him on the shoulder and said, "I'm standing here?" He said, "So?" I said, "So you have to move." He asks, "And stand where?" I told him, "I don't care as long as it isn't where I'm standing. If you don't like the view get here earlier next time."

He moved.

He didn't move because I threatened him, if I had done that I'd have left with no teeth. He moved because I was more aggressive than him.

Basically if you are in line and a bunch of line crashers come up, you need to run up there and push yourself to the front and be very vocal about why you are doing it.

I wish there could be an honour system among fans but there isn't and there never will be.

If you want to call me a line-crasher, well, fine. Line-crasher it is, and line-crasher I be.

My friends, a few enemies, myself, and some random strangers queued up from as early as 1 A.M. onward. We survived several days on very little sleep, minimal nutrition, and not-so-kind weather. Some days smiling faces would hold the fort while the earliest of the group (no more than two at a time) would run home for a 90-minute power nap and a shower.

I have the eyebags to prove it.

If someone was there (hello Canadians and Scrappy Girl) then they and their people were first through the doors, and everyone agreed with that.

Was there line cutting? Absolutely. Even I could name names. From the tip of the first "group(s)" to the other "factions". There were rumblings of violence from geldings against people who were visitors and guests in our country, and they were dealt with. Once we're through the door and tickets scanned, the only thing we can do is run.

I helped half-a-dozen young ladies and skinny lads accomplish their dreams of getting onstage and hugging Morrissey. I made room for people at the barricade. (Hello to the nice young lad who squeezed in to my left on the final night. I was all too happy to make room.) I tended to the ill and wounded. We, as a group, as fans... we all did the same.

Do I need to make apologies to people? Inevitably, but I did my best. (Don't worry, etc. etc.) If it's any consolation to anyone, through a series of misjudgments and gaffes, I won't be able to attend the Boston show tonight, and a perfectly good ticket will go to waste. I hope and pray that someone has the chutzpah to break past the bonds of security and violently enforced "safety" to take that very spot.

If you don't like the situation, change it. Jump up. Throw a punch. Speak up. Do something. Complaining from the faceless depths of the Internet isn't exactly bravado.

And that's how people grow up.

XXOO,
ADAM

P.S. To the person who "hatechecked" me by name after the Thursday show with a disparaging homophobic remark, I'd like to deliver a personal message. Sweetie pie, I am one. I feel no shame, and I wear that "slur" as a badge of honor. So what?

Adam's right though. there were really only a handful of line crashers, and most of whom werent even with the "group" everyone's talking about.

really, if you want to be in front - get there BEFORE everyone else like i did - 1am!!

too much hate here it seems. we all love Morrissey - let's leave it at that.

-Scrappy

What people may have seen was not what they thought they were seeing. Most of the people in line all day were there most all of the day. They took turns running to warm up, eat, use the potty, go shower. My friend, with whom I shared a hotel room, was there from about 7 am every day. If you saw her getting back in line at 4 after leaving for half an hour to get a sandwich, and you had a problem with that, I respectfully suggest you try sitting on concrete for 12 hours and see how you like it. I wasn't devoted enough to do it, but I accepted the fact that I wouldn't be on the rail way ahead of time.

There were true crashers. Those have been duly noted, I'm sure. I think they may find it harder to accomplish at future shows.

Well, I did say something to someone & I got spit on. I overhead one person who came outta nowhere say to his friend, I can't do anything to her, I'll get arrested AGAIN. Lovely.

I REALLY enjoyed the Moz shows and hope I'll be fortunate to see him again. However, there's no one I like/love/admire enough to "help" someone else get arrested over a spot in line or on the floor. Take the frickin' spot, you A** - ever heard of karma?

Man I really wish I would have gone to the NYC shows if I'd have known this drama was happening.

We need to come up with some proper line etiquette and make it a sticky or something - as Mozz fans we should be better organized and polite than we are.

Now when it comes to getting inside the venue and being on the floor - typical barbaric rules apply - but if you are the first one there and there is no shady Maximum Mozz pass - you should be the first one through the door after Ms. Riley of course.

If you are the first one there and you get trampled by faster runners on your way to the rail - then thems the slums..

I like this line...

If someone was there (hello Canadians and Scrappy Girl) then they and their people were first through the doors, and everyone agreed with that.

wow jeez, the committee decided the people before them get to go in first. You see people, this is the kind of mentality these people have. selfish bastards who think they are special in morrissey's world.

continue naming names.

ADAM, you may think there is no point in this. that the best thing to do is confront at the show. But one reason for this is to empower other solo members, and have them realize they are not alone...to motivate them to stand up to the line crashers. Because most people will avoid confrontation because they think they are alone and won't get support. They'll mumble disapproval to themselves...along with everyone else.

What people may have seen was not what they thought they were seeing. Most of the people in line all day were there most all of the day. They took turns running to warm up, eat, use the potty, go shower. My friend, with whom I shared a hotel room, was there from about 7 am every day. If you saw her getting back in line at 4 after leaving for half an hour to get a sandwich, and you had a problem with that, I respectfully suggest you try sitting on concrete for 12 hours and see how you like it. I wasn't devoted enough to do it, but I accepted the fact that I wouldn't be on the rail way ahead of time.

There were true crashers. Those have been duly noted, I'm sure. I think they may find it harder to accomplish at future shows.

don't down play it...reports i got were from people who sat in line since 11 AM everyday.

you know the line crashing group...probably friends...so don't try to downplay them...

I get a kick out of how certain fans endlessly negotiate and plead with event staff to get in early or to move up the line. Imagine if they put all that effort into something a little bit more worthwhile. They'd probably be millionaire business people or something.

I get a kick out of how certain fans endlessly negotiate and plead with event staff to get in early or to move up the line. Imagine if they put all that effort into something a little bit more worthwhile. They'd probably be millionaire business people or something.

You have no idea how hilarious it is to me that you mention this. My former significant other used to say nearly the same thing to me -- I mean, identical: "If you put as much effort into everything else as you did into getting to Morrissey gigs (this was in 2004), you'd be a millionaire."

Stretching it a bit, but a valid point all the same. :p (And, in my case, point taken. Moz still gets the lion's share, though, when he's on tour. :D)

While it's understandable that people would be angry over some sort of injustice in the queue, this is simply a case of a now-conveniently-vocal minority being unaware of what was actually going on. To suggest that one person was acting as a placeholder for twenty others is such a gross exaggeration and really just indicative of an unattractive jealousy within those who got to the venue later than everyone else.

Believe me, I would've loved to have 'crashed' the line, but that wasn't the case. There were bodies present, all through the night and all through the day, freezing and exhausted and consumed with laryngitis, all for the reward of those blissful ninety minutes. If you put in the effort, you can find yourself against the rail. I wouldn't hold it against anyone for their disinterest in doing such a thing, it can certainly seem pointless.

But if you want to sleep late, don't bitch and moan that people are organized and ahead of you in line. And certainly don't stage some sort of vengeful internet witch hunt, as it's more embarrassing for you than it is for 'us.'

While it's understandable that people would be angry over some sort of injustice in the queue, this is simply a case of a now-conveniently-vocal minority being unaware of what was actually going on. To suggest that one person was acting as a placeholder for twenty others is such a gross exaggeration and really just indicative of an unattractive jealousy within those who got to the venue later than everyone else.

Believe me, I would've loved to have 'crashed' the line, but that wasn't the case. There were bodies present, all through the night and all through the day, freezing and exhausted and consumed with laryngitis, all for the reward of those blissful ninety minutes. If you put in the effort, you can find yourself against the rail. I wouldn't hold it against anyone for their disinterest in doing such a thing, it can certainly seem pointless.

But if you want to sleep late, don't bitch and moan that people are organized and ahead of you in line. And certainly don't stage some sort of vengeful internet witch hunt, as it's more embarrassing for you than it is for 'us.'

you are such a selfish line crasher, you are trying to get away with it. how does 11am sound to you? if a group of people were not in line between 11am and till around 7pm...then it's fair to say they were not in line. i don't care if they were in line at 2 am and decided to go home at 8am...only to come back at 6 pm...YOU GOT OUT OF LINE!!!!. my friends were there at 11 am...and they should had the rail...but the line crashers come up close to the final minutes...NOT ONE DAY DID THEY GET RAIL.

there were enough witnesses to this injustice. Queen Victoria...obviously you have an agenda to continue crashing the line. fair enough. i just hope people fight back. I wouldn't call it a minority...there will be people standing up to this now, and it will continue to catch on.

moan that people are organized???? you realize your group tactic guarantees your group the rail at shows. is that fair to people not in the group? NO!!! You are being selfish.

this forum is really soloW and you - especially winkwink - just proved that again.

i mean tracking down people via internet...c'mon that's so lame.

the group you're after - like moz grrl - were there all day and night and i wouldn't consider holding a place for someone who is away for 30 minutes to get some food or whatever as line crashing.

blame ticketmaster and livenation for the 5 day passes! there were fans who had tickets at will call (spending twice the money because they couldn't get n-type tickets) who arrived really early every day just to see others turning up at 5:30 or 6 lining up in front of them!!!

greetings from austria!

toni the line crasher :)

Opening night I got there close to 5pm. I didn't line crash, cut in or have a Maximus Morrissey ticket and I got 2nd row easy. Maybe other nights were more chaotic?

Take a deep breath.

None of your accusations are remotely accurate. These exaggerations are only hurting your argument. No one in their right mind would leave the queue at 8am, come back at 6pm and expect their spot to be held for them. The massive breaks you're claiming people took were ninety-minutes at most, a luxury afforded to those who had been in line for hours and hours already and wanted to dash off for a shower and a quick bite to eat.

Look, this may sound absurd, but 11am is actually on the later end of the specturm in terms of arriving at the venue. Most of the people at the front had settled in sometime between 1am and 6am.

So, as much as you'd like to believe it, there's no conspiracy to monopolize the queue. If you get there early, you can get up front.

Back
Top Bottom