Reward: name the line crashers

this line is full of crashing bores.

ok, that was bad.

Ok, *deep breath*, I am coming down on the side of WinkWink, grlmopz, and others, here.

Queen Victoria, I don't know you from ADAM (who I do know, and who is an absolutely top-notch, wonderful guy - but DEAD WRONG about this), but you obviously do have an agenda to keep crashing. I don't even know who you are, but I can guess. Fair play.

Now, listen: I have been to my fair number of gigs. Until 2007, this was not an issue, this line-crashing thing. However, it has gotten completely out of hand lately.

I will give one example, only, though I have witnessed many.
Myrtle Beach, July 2007. I was there at exactly -- exactly -- 115 pm. There were approximately 10 people ahead of me. As the day wore on, I found out there were wristbands given out earlier in the day. Around 4pm, I spoke to someone who I vaguely recognized, and was told that HE had 3 WRISTBANDS FOR HIS FRIENDS WHO WERENT EVEN THERE YET. Yes, that's right, folks. The excuse? "Ooooh, they had such a long drive, and they had to pick someone up. They're so tired! They had to rest."

Well, I ask you, what about the rest of us? I had less than two hours of sleep myself, as well as a very long drive. What about me? What about the poor girl from Texas who got there at midnight, but fell asleep in her car? The clique was so saccharinely sorry about this, you understand, but they were on the doorstep at 6 am, while she slept. So they win.

So, at approximatly 530, literally 24 -- yes, 24 people got in front of me. By 6, the number was closer to 50. I ended up being between second and third row.

Now, I am an easy-going person, very much so. Many of these line crashers are people I've spent time with and like. So, why does this have to happen? Why does the red-headed girl have such an elitist, I'm-a-bigger-Moz-fan-than-you-so-you-are-inferior, entitlement-complex attitude? How did she get to be the organizer? (along with ADAM, who DID put in the time, to be fair.)

I like most of you people, or at least I did, until I sacrificed just as much as you, yet wasn't in this elitist clique thing (because I refuse to be an ass-kiss), and got burned....

Please. Let's have no more of this. Sleep BEFORE you come to the queue. As has been said before, the queue time would shorten for all of us if it was more realistic. Don't just bring your damned chair at 8 am or whenever and then magically show back up at 4pm.

Not cool. Not okay. Not behaviour befitting a Moz fan.

Now, listen... For all of you people who are saying I should have said something -- I DID. And it fell on deaf ears. You know what I learned? I should have said it louder. And so now I am.

Next time, let's be fair. We all love the man, all of us. None of us inherently 'deserves' to be closer than another. The only thing that buys that right is your arse on the concrete.

Love,
No. 6

/rant over

Last edited:
I said something, as well, but was given excuses. If I arrive at 12:30PM and you walk in front of me at 5PM, I don't care if you stood in line from 7AM to 8AM; you've been out of line for at least 4 hours and you've lost your place.

I don't care if you go across the street to use the bathroom, get a burrito, or even wander around for an hour to get the feeling back in your legs (I'm certainly guilty of all of these things). I do care if you show up four hours after me and wander to the front of the line to stand with your friends. I can think of two specific people from California who very clearly did this on Tuesday, and another person from the East Coast who did it on Monday (he pulled the "I need to talk to someone" trick and then lingered until he was asked to leave - at which point he just moved back a couple of spots instead of to his rightful place at the end of the queue).

Bear in mind that these are only the people I know by name; I saw at least another half dozen people I'd never seen before magically show up between 4 and 5 after not having been there before.

Ok, *deep breath*, I am coming down on the side of WinkWink, grlmopz, and others, here.

Queen Victoria, I don't know you from ADAM (who I do know, and who is an absolutely top-notch, wonderful guy - but DEAD WRONG about this), but you obviously do have an agenda to keep crashing. I don't even know who you are, but I can guess. Fair play.

The one thing I'll say about Queen Vic is that he literally buckled down for the entire five gig run. I don't think I even saw him go have a piss. He's quite literally the only young fan I've met since 1997 who gives me hope for the next generation.

If you know me and someone I'm associated with or even standing near is rude / abusive to you, tell me. Speak into my good ear, and let me know. I'll do my best to make it right.

If you know me, you'll know that (with one exception) I'll bend over backward for you. (Forward if you're a cute guy...)

OK there's my rant for the night. I have to catch something to Baltimore shortly, so I'm out. Ta.

If you know me, you'll know that (with one exception) I'll bend over backward for you. (Forward if you're a cute guy...)

OK there's my rant for the night. I have to catch something to Baltimore shortly, so I'm out. Ta.

That's kind of gross to me, kind sir, but I do appreciate the sentiment. :p You are a kind soul and I will keep your suggestions to speak to you about grievances in mind. But you did hold places for people who weren't there for 4 hours +... :D As the kids here say: just sayin'.

That's kind of gross to me, kind sir, but I do appreciate the sentiment. :p You are a kind soul and I will keep your suggestions to speak to you about grievances in mind. But you did hold places for people who weren't there for 4 hours +... :D As the kids here say: just sayin'.

Adam is not the problem, at all. He's as kind and sharing as he says he is. I didn't wait in line at all, really, yet by luck ended up right behind him. He helped me out, let me brace against the rail during a crush, held my arm to keep me from getting knocked over. I didn't put in any serious time, that was my choice, but he looked after me, too.

There were people I saw in New York who found other means of getting to the front. Not Irregulars at all. I think once you're assembled at the rail, that's the formation you need to stay in. You can't "make room" for friends who just showed up by shoving aside those who waited with you. I saw some problems, yes. But hell, even those on the rail could barely reach Moz without breaking bones. If it's that important to you, go to a show with a seated pit and you'll get your handshake and get sweated on, to boot. But a full GA show carries no guarantees. Sometimes you just have to settle for being there, close enough to hear and see.

I really wish everyone would just agree to show up at a later time, or the venue would pass out wristbands at 10 am or something, so people could queue up, leave, and then return and reform their line just before doors. But what can you say? I'm just touched and amazed at the passion Moz inspires... I know how I feel about his work, but to see it reflected in others is incredible.

Play nice? Please? "It takes strength to be gentle and kind," right? Gospel according to Saint Steven, wasn't it?

Adam is not the problem, at all. He's as kind and sharing as he says he is.

As I said myself, in fact. If you go back and reread my posts carefully you will see I said nothing but good things about him. No selective reading, please. :D I said I always saw him put in his time, and he did. I did say he IS kind and does share - perhaps shares too much vis a vis his line crashing friends :p

Also, Pregnant, I was not speaking of people changing positions/squeezing once they are on the rail. Of course that is impossible. I was speaking of people jumping the line before they open the doors. It is way, way, WAY entirely too commonplace. And once that happens, you don't have a shot in you know wheres of getting on the nice, comfy, cosy rail.

I agree with you on the passion thing, though. It is beautiful to see -- if only it weren't so frustrating! :p

Play nice? Please?
As always. I am the most easygoing no. 6 you will meet, preggies. These others, on the other hand...

;)

But, all joking aside, I do stand behind my original statement.
The queue would be shorter for everyone if we just followed some good, old-fashioned line etiquette: no long sleep breaks, no "I'm going back to the hotel for a power nap" -- not because I'm unkind; quite the contrary... it's because EVERYONE would have a better experience later -- the line wouldn't start until 1 pm! Now how much better that would be -- for everyone!

Last edited:
No. 6, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to take issue with anything specific you said- I think I was just addressing the thread as a whole.

I think one thing that really exacerbated the problem was the fact that it wasn't just one show, it was two and then three days straight. People seemed to be in good spirits even on Sunday, but still. Everyone's patience wears thin.

i know of people who went straight from the bar at 2am to the line. stayed there for a bit. and then went back and napped. longer than 90 minutes. sorry, im just seeing some dishonesty here when I know the truth. whoever is suggesting that you stay in line, and only leave for pee breaks and a quick bite to eat is right. going back to the hotel/apt, whatever, for naps and showers is lame. the one day i queued for a long time i got there around lunch time and only left for maybe 2 pee breaks and a run to get something to eat. it would make things easier on EVERYONE if the earliest anyone got in line was late morning, and no one left the line longer than 30 minutes at a time. but this wont happen, cuz people are insane and selfish. there were other days that i had considered waiting for hours, but realized it wasnt worth it, when I knew that the possibility of 10 or 15 people cutting infront of me would make it impossible for me to get on the rail anyway. and i didnt want to wait for hours in vain.

just by reading a few comments here and there i can tell that new york went through that same stupid shit that everyone at the hollywood palladium went through.

this is so very sad.

it always the same people you see coming to the line an hour(or even less) before the show starts. chatting it up with their friends who were there for hours, and going on along with the line once it starts moving.

i'm not being sarcastic or anything when i say this, i'm just curious, did someone write down a list of names for those who made the effort to wait? was security well organized?

I see a friend of mine in this pic. he got in line around noon and sent me a photo of himself in the line...there were onlylike around 15-20 people in front of him according to him and by the looks of the picture he sent me, that's how it looked.

Now looking at this picture, he is way in back and around the fifth row of people (roughly 40-50 people back) ...yes...the line crashers took away his chance at the rail...the very rail these assholes selfishly always 'manage' to get.

but they will tell me i am being solow.

here's a pic of the front of the line...realize some of these people waited in line, the majority did not.

1806371669_a64d44c2a8.jpg

Last edited:
Nah, everyone you see there had been waiting in line for hours and hours in the bitter cold. But look how glamorous we all are nonetheless!

i haven't read any of this cause I am super tired... But if it makes anybody feel better after my rant :p- I made the mistake of taking the "Lucky Star" Chinatown bus to boston and back - it broke down on the way back hehehehhehehehehehe.... and I just got in!!!
it was worth it but no more buses for me. I am driving tomorrow. it was kinda hilarious though... when it broke down on the side of the road for 3 hours... just because it is the chinatown 15 dollar bus n' all.

Last edited:
Nah, everyone you see there had been waiting in line for hours and hours in the bitter cold.

That's a straight-up lie. That guy on the left in the hood hopped into line at 6pm, among others. . .

--jeniphir

Hmmm - I know on a previous thread I mentioned that it was some of my friends who were crashing - but I may have jumped the gun. Turns out my friends took the high road and avoided all drama and for this I commend them. A few people who know my friends however, were 'partly' responsible for the drama that has since occured. These people know who they are - no need beating a dead horse - they don't seem to care.

It really turns out from the five or so street-side reports I have now gotten in the past two days that it was really only a handful of people who were acting like total deuchebags and as great of a Morrissey fan they may think they are - their actions reflect everything Morrissey is against.

But again - take my words with a grain of salt as I'm only going by heresay.

A word of advice for those who go to further concerts - let the manic take the rail - because the rail is the worst place to be for two reasons -

1) The sound is better from the central/soundboard area depending on venue acoustics - it is never better from the rail.

2) Closer to the rail, farther from the beer.

Learn to line up
Assemble the gays
Now
Today
Tomorrow
And next tour

My only weakness is a love for Mozz
And this is why I cut in line
Everytime, oh everytime

Linecrashers of the World
Queue up and take over
Throw me over, throw me over, throw me over

Learn to love me
And I'll save your space
Now
Today
Tomorrow
And next tour

My only weakness is a love for Mozz
But last night we made plans
To crash the line
Because we are, such lowly swine

Unite like bulldozers
Linecrashers of the World -
And where's my poster? where's my poster? where's my poster?

An angry hand on my shoulder
It's Julia
She said I took her space
I told her to smeg off

An angry mob in my eardrums
Then the rail crashes down
6AM is along time
To start the queue
But I just need to have a touch from you
I'll die without a touch from you

O O O

Throw your morals in the gutter
Lets take over!!

Good night and thank you! Treygar just officially tied up this thread.

--jeniphir

i am going to add that I am going to baltimore quite soon and I am on very little sleep after my chinatown bus ride. If you want to talk to me, fine. But if you want to cut in front of me, seriously.... I am too tired for drama and I just want to enjoy this last show of the tour for me... but I am running on little sleep, and I might surprise myself - so I really wouldn't test me today... linecrashers. Just a warning. And by the way. I am 5'10" wearing jeans and mirrored sunglasses during the light... and a black cinch sack with a white tree on it or vice versa in color. Wanna chat - there you go... i have curly brown hair with little traces of dirty blond and its usually up in a bun like Buddha for shows. Just so you know. If you want to discuss, apologize, or bring it... now you know. If you don't care and don't bother - well that is better and I certainly hope that is the case - but if that is the case... don't cut me today, unless you want drama... and i think we are all tired.

i haven't read any of this cause I am super tired... But if it makes anybody feel better after my rant I made the mistake of taking the "Lucky Star" Chinatown bus to boston and back - it broke down on the way back hehehehhehehehehehe.... and I just got in!!!
it was worth it but no more buses for me. I am driving tomorrow. it was kinda hilarious though... when it broke down on the side of the road for 3 hours... just because it is the chinatown 15 dollar bus n' all.

:D LOL...damn that chinatown bus! That sucks.

Holy [email protected] just woke up from a 2-day Nyquil-induced coma, finally got into work and figured I'd see what was going on in the world of solo. I can't believe this thread is still going.
I just wanted to chime in my thoughts. But before I do, I have to share my experience from Sunday, b/c I was getting a lot of nasty looks on line myself and don't want to be called a hypocrite.
I got on line Sunday in the early afternoon. Normally, I was getting on line at 4-5pm and getting 2-3rd row on the floor...so I didn't know how the line situation was working in the hours leading to m arrival. I took public transportation early in the morning, showed up at Hammerstein and noticed like 25 people where they usually have the General Admission people lined up. The area where the MaxMoz people usually are herded into by Venue Security was empty, so genius me in my half-awake stupor thought, "holy $hit...I'm the first one in line out of the 5-Day Pass people!" :D(looking back..that was a retarded thought...LOL)
I sat there on the steps for a few hours and smiled or said hi to anyone I saw who left the line and they would either give me a brief smile, a stare, a nod or ignore me. OK...now, I'll admit it was my own stupidity for assuming I was first on line but I thought that maybe the GAers were lining up early and the MaxMozers were coming around 4ish..since I had gotten there at 4:15 the day earlier and been only 40+ people back.
Sometime after 4pm, all the people who I thought were GA, were allowed to move up into the MaxMoz-Pass section...that's when I realized, :eek: "holy f#ck, they're all N-Typers! I'm a freakin moron!!"
Here's my little gripe and it's more on me for assuming anything than on anyone else...but if I saw someone sitting at the door who obviously looked like a Morrissey fan...maybe it's just ME, but out of common courteousy, I'd go up to them and make sure they knew they were in the wrong place instead of just staring them up and down for hours.
Instead I had people come up to me and say, "what do you think you are doing? We're here" with a nasty attitude. Now, it didn't matter to me anyway..I apologized and said it was my mistake and that I had thought I was the first in line. Instead of any sense of compassion...and by that I don't mean them saying it's okay to stay where I was...that'd be as retarded as me thinking I was ACTUALLY the first in line LOL...but how about not staring me down or talking about me as I'm moving towards the back of the line? I was wrong, made a mistake and moved back in line to where I judged I should have been had I been in the proper line. As I said, there were about 25-30 people there when I got there...so I went around 40 or so people back. And if people still insisted they were in front of me, then I let them go ahead. It all worked out the same and once again, I was 3rd row center. But the attitude of some people pissed me off to no end...if I heard one more person say "he shouldn't be here" one second and then watch them let a friend who hadn't been in line for over an 90 minutes jump into the line, I would have went more nuts than usual. WTF?!?! People were walking around talking about who's on "the list", who should be at the front of the line, or who shouldn't be should take their List and shove it up their rears.
It pretty much didn't matter anyway, because as soon as the door opened...the stampede started and I let the animals crush each other because I am not dealing with that type of $hit anymore. I probably got in like 55th or so, which by all means was fine.
In the end...it worked out well. I had a great time, ended up being in line with some awesome people and got a shred of shirt for my troubles at the end of the show. So I can't complain too much.

I guess my complaint is just the elitist attitude that some fans seem to have over everyone else. Letting in their friends or people they deem list-worthy is one thing....but reaching out to someone they don't recognize is out of the question? I realize it's like that in the real world as well, but we're all there for the same reason...why not show a little understanding or compassion to your fellow fans?

Forgive the rant...I think I still have a fever and am delirious, which definitely sux, cuz that means Md is out for tonight. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom