Revised: the second most romantic song by Morrissey

The second most ROMANTIC song by Morrissey

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kewpie

Subscriber
I'm terribly sorry for missing many great songs earlier. :o

I excluded 'There Is A Light That Never Goes Out' because it's the most popular song written by Morrissey.

Thank you very much for voting. :)

Last edited:
I'd go for "Rusholme Ruffians" which I think contains the most romantic line ever: ...scratch my name on your arm with a fountain pen..this means you really love me...

Every Day Is Like Sunday (but that's the MOST romantic)

TIALTNGO isn't the tops by a long chalk

Every Day Is Like Sunday (but that's the MOST romantic)

TIALTNGO isn't the tops by a long chalk

Er...out of curiosity, how is a song about the unbearable drabness of an English coastal resort that does not even seem to involve the presence of another person in any very clear way romantic?

cheers

The same as it was in the original poll. Come Back to Camden.

I had to go with Hand in Glove, even though I think he has many many romantic songs, but Hand in Glove to me is very romantic...and sad of course.

We may be hidden by rags, but we have something they will never have....

Er...out of curiosity, how is a song about the unbearable drabness of an English coastal resort that does not even seem to involve the presence of another person in any very clear way romantic?

cheers

romance doesn't have to involve two people :)

to me the whole imagery of the lyrics are very romantic

Life is a Pigsty. It's a companion piece to TIALTNGO, both of which affirm love only in the closing lines: "There is a light etc.", "Even now, in my final hour, I'm falling in love" - what could be more romantic than persisting in love after having just devastatingly written off life itself?

id love to.... by far!

not only is it the most romantic song ive ever heard, its also morrisseys best....... sometimes

voted for I Won't Share You because it is just....ahh...

but also Come Back To Camden, that line

"and me and my heart
we knew, we just knew
forevermore"

:tears:

Annnnnnnnnd Please Please Please...of course...

The same as it was in the original poll. Come Back to Camden.

one of me fave Quarry songs, but to me it's not like 'there's a light' a
lovesong

to me it's just a point in yer life, aged, sipping tea alone at some point,
thinking about pased life of certain isues

mhh, yeah I Take strange pills:crazy:

[but never mean to hurt you lot]

btw

Maudlin street is just as Camden a sorta look back song, but there more love
innit ,or passion than Camden

all of the replies are personal,so i can accept/see why others have other
fanourites

it would be boring if we all like papa jack

It's a tie between I'd Love To and I Won't Share You.

According to my coin toss, I Won't Share You is winner.

In my book, There Is A Light isn't even close to Morrissey's most romantic song. It's brilliant, none-the-less.

I voted 'I'd Love To', assuming we're talking about romance in the modern sense of romantic relationships, love and affection etc. If we're talking about romantic in the sense of idealistic, visionary, fanciful, impractical, impassioned etc, then, well, that's just Morrissey in his entirety, isn't it? He's the single most romantic figure since... I really don't know. Any suggestions?

I didn't vote cos I don't like polls (I'm not a racist bastard though)
But I would have suggested 'Sweetie-Pie' as a very strong contender as one of his most romantic songs. A sci-fi cry to a friend to help 'him' to end his life so he can be re-united with his dead true love. And they'll all be re-united in death. What could be more romantic than that? Emily Bronte by way of Brian Eno. :tears:
But 'I'd Love To' is sublime too.

Back
Top Bottom