Reviews of 'Years of Refusal'

OH my I don't know how to begin to express how much I adore this new cd! It is excellent, better than the last one, Moz has created a work of art for sure! :thumb: I shall give a more extensive report after hearing it a dozen more times. :p

OH my I don't know how to begin to express how much I adore this new cd! It is excellent, better than the last one, Moz has created a work of art for sure! :thumb: I shall give a more extensive report after hearing it a dozen more times. :p

absolutely, i got my copy today and i loved it,i like this album more than rott,i mean rott is a good album,but YOR is excellent! the only song i didn`t like much is i`m ok by myself.......the album is so different,powerful guitars and morrissey`s voice gets better with age,this man can sing for real :thumb:

Re: Metacritic YOR review average..

Thanks for flagging this up.
Metacritic is indeed a useful site. YOR is doing surprisingly well on it, and up to now is getting a considerably better critical reception (79/100) than Quarry (72) and ROTT (75)...

just noticed the Q and Mojo reviews aren't up there yet and they normally get included. the final score will probably slip down quite a bit.

I once met a critic. He was a tosser.

Critics are indeed often not very nice people. But there are so many new albums, films, books, plays etc that you often need the filter that the critics provide to decide what to check out. you can't trust individual reviews, but if there is strong critical consensus, it's usually pretty reliable, well except for acts like the Flaming Lips and Polly J Harvey, who bafflingly always get good reviews.

Last edited:

He's gone up to 80 now. Which means he is one point off being classed as "Universally Acclaimed" and having his name in white with a star next to it! :D

He's gone up to 80 now. Which means he is one point off being classed as "Universally Acclaimed" and having his name in white with a star next to it! :D

yeah, it's doing a lot better on Metacritic than the last two albums.
they haven't added the Q or Mojo reviews yet, which are normnally included. that would drag the average down a bit tho not sure how far...

Tags
morrissey refusal review reviews years
Back
Top Bottom