Reviews in. Haters have hated. You have debated. 2 weeks on what do you think of "World Peace" now ?

Reviews in. Haters have hated. You have debated. 2 weeks on what do you think of "World Peace&q

• bonus: mixed reviews, low sales, hate expressed, has made me realize this album is a piece of shit!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: Reviews in. Haters have hated. You have debated. 2 weeks on what do you think of "World Peace" n

I think it's even more stunning

ly shite.

Re: Reviews in. Haters have hated. You have debated. 2 weeks on what do you think of "World Peace" n

I think the same of it as what I did when I first heard it.

Astounding.

Yes. Potentially his best solo work. It's like he's ascended to a whole new level.

I've just discovered my love of One of Our Own. Great album.

Definitely a step up and forward from "Refusal" in my book.

It's fantastic, really, and I've felt that way from the first listen. I can't get enough of it, and I am now desperate to hear these songs live.

love it even more than then. becoming used to the new musical style which i love and am noticing more sonic nuance than before but kick the bride down the isle i admit has fallen a bit (wasnt to enamored with it to start with it though i liked it) and smiler with a knife i still dont care for. love kiss me a lot, i dont know what my problem was there (love the intro), which i was on the fence about before and staircase has grown just a bit to pretty enjoyable instead of meh. really i guess its the last four songs i have more mixed feelings about. love mt joy and for whatever reason i like that oboe has the life goes round bit because it always, for whatever reason( no real tangible one) makes me think of reel around the fountain and i like that his last song reminds me of his first and that it kinda makes a loop in that way.

It's getting better and better for me. It really is in the pantheon of great Morrissey releases.

I've read some negative reviews but when I play Staircase I realize the haters don't know shit.

Yes. Potentially his best solo work. It's like he's ascended to a whole new level.

Jesus.

I like it more the more I listen.

I can't help but conclude that it's his fifth (maybe fourth) best solo record.

vai>ya>vh>ku=sg>m>yatq=rott>yor>>wpinoyb

The haters are all so similar I thought they were either the same person or from the same family...

2j4abgp.jpg

I've had this on perpetual rotation since it came out. Loved it when I first heard it; love it still, particularly:

Neal Cassady. "... Allen Ginsberg's hosed down in a barn" made me laugh out loud when I first heard it. Like many of the songs on his album it feels like several songs have been involved in a violent collision but, miraculously, no one was hurt; and, in each case, the end result just works.

Staircase. Pure pop melodrama, and a Morrissey song you can dance to without actually having to dance like Morrissey. Plus, it has hand-claps. Who doesn't love a song with hand-claps?

Kiss Me a Lot. The most joyful song Morrissey has ever recorded. Makes Fatty seem grim and maudlin. My seven-year-old daughter keeps singing this one. She has exceptionally good taste in music. If this isn't the next single, I'll eat my slippers.

I'm Not a Man. From the Lynchian intro to the strange and lovely woo-woos, it's wonderful.

Istanbul. A dark, cinematic little masterpiece. Song of 2014 for me.

Mountjoy. The icing on the cake. Magnificent. Sorrowful, angry and dignified. It kind of fills your chest.

The production is so intriguing and textured, creating Morrissey's most cohesive, album-like album since Vauxhall. I keep hearing little flourishes and details I hadn't noticed before, especially when listening through headphones.

It is also, without doubt, Morrissey's most assured and confident album. It feels pure and uncompromised.

I haven't felt the urge to mix-and-match the songs from the second disc into the original album's running order; it's fine as it is. Plus, Disc 2 works perfectly as a mini album, and those marvellous songs deserve a review all of their own.

I really think Morrissey is entering a phase of renewed creativity and vigour.

I appreciate this record isn't to everyone's taste. In fact, it appears to be Morrissey's Marmite album. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing (except in terms of cash register receipts, of course). Everyone's entitled to an opinion / beauty's in the eye of the beholder / it takes all sorts to make a world... etc.

To those who dislike the album. Never mind. Maybe you'll like the next one. :)

Yeah it's the honeymoon for those happily married to their wrists.

For me, it's his second best solo album. Not as great as Vauxhall & I but more convincing than Your Arsenal (and has more depth) - it's as consistent as both (which puts all three above the rest imo).

Kiss Me a Lot. The most joyful song Morrissey has ever recorded. Makes Fatty seem grim and maudlin. My seven-year-old daughter keeps singing this one. She has exceptionally good taste in music. If this isn't the next single, I'll eat my slippers.

YES! So, so true. I'm completely nonplussed by the odd troglodytes here who don't absolutely adore it. It's pure joy.

Back
Top Bottom