review of Clermont Ferrand show

mell

loves moz
This was posted by someone on the French Moz fan board, but I don't speak French and I'm late for work so maybe someone here could translate? Thanks!:D

article.jpg

according to Mel Torment, a few songs here were skipped!
setlist.jpg

I am at work so I can't translate it right now - but I can tell you it is a fantastic review :D - ahh Moz !!... :cool:

Last edited:
I can't believe that he wore the James Dean tie i gave him in Florida a few months past. It's great to see that he valued it so much so that he wore it to the first 2008 show! Thanks Moz!

Morrissey knows...(how to) captivate (people)/means... captivate/ing (people)
("sait" has the same pronunciation as "c'est": "it is")

The coopé had a good attendance yesterday night, for one of the four Morrissey shows in France. You did not have the right to miss him:the flamboyant icon still shines.
If his statements don't always meet agreement, his songs are made to last. Morrissey, former singer of The Smiths, attracted/lured? yesterday night at la Coopérative de Mai some 1400 people for a unusual concert. How could have it been different with someone with so much personality?
The first act were Girlfriend in a Coma, three trash and furious Texan girls from San Antonio. Strange without being really fascinating (I cannot translate the word), those girls.
During the intermission, a scopitone of Sacha Distel, yes, you have heard right, Sacha Distel...was shown...Morrissey likes France, its stars, its cinema, a France the way he likes it, with, a bit later, Bardot and Brasseur, but The New York Dolls too, in " I' m looking for a kiss" (from a german TV show from those years...(?)). We understood that the show was not going to be traditionnal, given so many strange (it is not exactly the word) references. The cinema curtain opened, and the man entered: being nearly 50 suits him rather well, and he still has his steel (y?) look and that unique voice, which attacked with "Stop me if you think you've heard this one before" from The Smiths, before going on with the brilliant "The last of the famous international Playboys".
If Morrissey somewhat saves his voice a bit during the first songs, the gestures are quite present, with some throwings of the mike's wire not far from rodeo sometimes, or "camp "poses", who remind of the Irish-British man s' "théâtralité". (from theater)

You are very fast caught with such a presence, which "dances" between the magnetic, the animal, the sensual. With something disdainful sometimes, wich confines to class. And, yes, Morrissey is classy, for example when he gets on his knees in the dark, or when he "sends" us a "Jack the ripper", singing "Crash into my arms, I want you"...which gives you real shivers... You do not dare to imagine...
Morrissey and his short songs passed in a flash. The last album, "Ringleader of the tormentors", does have pretty beautiful ones too, like "You have killed me"... He killed us a little too. Those "petites morts" are so good...

I did what I could...:o
You have exhausted me, Morrissey...

Last edited:
I can't believe that he wore the James Dean tie i gave him in Florida a few months past. It's great to see that he valued it so much so that he wore it to the first 2008 show! Thanks Moz!

Did you really? That is soooooooo cool! :D He must like it a lot... ;)

I was wondering this when I heard he wore a James Dean tie...did you post about giving it to him after the Florida show? I automatically thought, "it's that one that someone gave him!" I am soooo happy for you!!!!! I posted another pic of him wearing it in the Frink Thread too! :D

I did what I could...:o
You have exhausted me, Morrissey...
Thanks for the translation!!! I really appreciate it!!! ;)

CONGRATS!! :D You're 'gift' has come 'full-circle'!
I want a tie with Morrissey's face on it. :cool:

the flamboyant icon still shines

he still has his steel (y?) look and that unique voice which attacked

some throwings of the mike's wire not far from rodeo sometimes

You are very fast caught with such a presence, which "dances" between the magnetic, the animal, the sensual.

Merci for translating this, moz'art girl. I highlighted a few of my fave parts :)

Thank you, Corrissey.;)

Back
Top Bottom