Rev Richard Coles (ex-Communards) - "The song I can no longer listen to"

‘No Jacket Required would be the soundtrack of hell’: the Rev Richard Coles’s honest playlist - The Guardian
The former Communard says he knows every word to Jesus Christ Superstar – what else does he listen to away from the pulpit?

Excerpt:

The song I can no longer listen to
This Charming Man. Much as I like the song, Morrissey has ceased to be charming for me.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still here because I believe in the power of redemption and not letting people stew in their own juices. Morrissey has become a joke, a right-wing apologist, a Youtube rabbit-holer, re-poster of conspiracy nutjobbery, and he has become a danger not only to himself but to those who still hang on his every word. Lives are being lost because of the bollocks that he is transmitting to his diminishing fan base and I won't stand for it.
Jesus 🤒

What is it that you “won’t stand for”

Just move on, you sad old dosser.

Where does it say Thou shall not be gay in Ten Commandments? If it was that important it would be there. So it doesn’t matter. So that means you love and respect everybody.
Why would it need to be in the 10 Commandments to make it important? It can be in the bible and still be important. The most important commandment off all is not even one of the 10. "You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind". '"This is the first and greatest commandment".

Where does it say Thou shall not be gay in Ten Commandments? If it was that important it would be there. So it doesn’t matter. So that means you love and respect everybody.
First of all, of what relevance are Biblical edicts, exactly, and secondly, it says it when it says that no man shall lie down with another man. I.E., f*** him.

Having said that, in no way shape or form was I insulting gay people.

I was insulting religious people.

99% of the people who publicly denounce Morrissey, whether right or wrong, are people I have never heard of. This shit was old the first time it happened. It's ancient at this point.

I'm not sure Morrissey has ever been that charming. He's been stirring the shit since he was writing letters to the NME and MM in the 70's. He got a real platform in the 80's and put the pedal to the floor. He's softened of late and taken back many of his attacks. Now he has a new agenda that is stirring up different shit.

The difference is he is now being "uncharming" about things that people get offended over. It's just moving the goal posts.
This post illustrates the law of diminishing returns. First paragraph is strong. Second kind of okay because it has some factual references. Third paragraph just cliche-ridden nonsense.

That's just lobbed out out there as an assertion with zero proof. You literally made that up as a plausible statement. Then, after the full stop, you make another statement that you hope most people would accept as fact, again, with zero back up. It may be your opinion, but it sure as hell ain't fact.
You should see a doctor about your dementia symptoms and that's a fact.

Anyone that can find fault with Morrissey, fair enough, but when you support the f***ing Catholic Church you lose the right to judge anyone.

He is entitled to his opinion without being called names or being derided. He always seems very nice when he's on TV, e.g. that show he did walking through the countryside looking at abandoned churches.
So is Morrissey. Why is it okay to bash Morrissey for his opinions but not the people that bash him? The whole 'entitled to his opinion' thing is dangerous. That's how we got people taking horse medicine.

Where does it say Thou shall not be gay in Ten Commandments? If it was that important it would be there. So it doesn’t matter.
To be fair, there is also no mention in the Ten Commandments of 'Thou Shalt Not Diddle Children', or 'Thou Shalt Not Take a Dump on the Sidewalk', so I'm not sure where that leaves us. :unsure:

Ninety replies so far in a thread because someone nobody here is otherwise that interested in has gone off Morrissey. Seriously, people, why do you care?

Well this thread has certainly been an interesting read as I munch a biscuit between lessons.

What have we learned?

1. Someone we don't know no longer listens to a song that some of us still like.
2. Some people get very angry about very trivial things.
3. Peter has been exposed as having a very distant relationship with the truth. Again.
4. Peter has made himself look very, very silly. Again.

Right, back to class.

I'm still here because I believe in the power of redemption and not letting people stew in their own juices. Morrissey has become a joke, a right-wing apologist, a Youtube rabbit-holer, re-poster of conspiracy nutjobbery, and he has become a danger not only to himself but to those who still hang on his every word. Lives are being lost because of the bollocks that he is transmitting to his diminishing fan base and I won't stand for it.
Hey there Mr 'Oriental', f*** off

So is Morrissey. Why is it okay to bash Morrissey for his opinions but not the people that bash him? The whole 'entitled to his opinion' thing is dangerous. That's how we got people taking horse medicine.

:)

correct, besides only a gawk would actually think he didnt
read the guardian.(n)
and the vicar is an obvious benefit scrounger:hammer:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom