Results day - thursday !!!

It does determine my whole life however, for better or for worse. I listened to 'Do Your Best And Don't Worry' to get me through exams, what do I listen to now!!??? :squiffy:

I did wank at A level. I got C, D & E. So I didn't bother with uni, got a job at Rochdale Council for a couple years, doing office work and I'm starting a full time degree in Politics and History in September, with the hope that some day I'll teach A Level history.

At the end of the day these grades don't determine your future. This was something I was made to think at sixth form, so got very disheartened when I didn't do as well as I shouldve done. But now with determination I'm finally doing what I want. Just don't let it ruin your life and just always stay determined to do what you want.

I did wank at A level.
At the end of the day these grades don't determine your future.

Beautifully phrased, Jason!
It's true enough though. Where I work, some of the best people didn't go to uni, some even left school at 16. Part of the challenge is working out what you're most interested in and where your strengths lie.
Academic qualifications don't guarantee you a fulfilling career. In fact some of the most clueless people I've met in the workplace are those with PhDs!

Good luck good luck!

Love PTxx.

To quote a wise man, I know I did wank in my I.T. because of my own stupid fault of not handing in half my coursework on time. With a bit of luck, I'll get a C, which is a good grade to most of the population, but my arsey school runs by A for Average, B for Below Average and C for Crap. :( But then that's what the rest of my GCSEs are for. :p

I know my sister will be chuffed to no end if she gets a C in her Maths AS as she's spent the past year complaining to no end about how much she hates Maths, how incompetant her teacher is, how anti-her the teacher is, etc.

Hmm, not so great sadly.

ACC were my grades - not good enough apparently.

However, I am going to re-take an English paper to boost my C to a B or an A and then apply again next year!

Media - A
History - C
English - C

I shall be at Uni if it is the last thing I do!

Love PTxx.

Hmm, not so great sadly.

However, I am going to re-take an English paper to boost my C to a B or an A and then apply again next year!

Media - A
History - C
English - C

Love PTxx.

Well done on the Media. I'm sorry about the English, PT. :(

Thanks, I am not giving up totally, I am too much of a believer in a light that never quite goes out!

(also, Media I got 290 out of 300 !!)

Love PTxx.

Wow, really well done! It's just a shame that some of those marks weren't on your English instead. :p Were you nearly a B? I know how annoying it is to only be a few marks off the next grade boundary, but at least that means that if you retake it, you have a much higher likelihood of getting the higher grade. :)

Beautifully phrased, Jason!
It's true enough though. Where I work, some of the best people didn't go to uni, some even left school at 16. Part of the challenge is working out what you're most interested in and where your strengths lie.
Academic qualifications don't guarantee you a fulfilling career. In fact some of the most clueless people I've met in the workplace are those with PhDs!

Nope, they don't guarantee a fulfilling career. I'm glad I worked for a couple years and I'm going to uni now, rather than going straight after my A Levels; it probably would have been for the wrong reasons, and I do believe that we are pressured into going university.

Also, even though I am doing a degree, I do hold a negative view of some degrees, as I can't see how some are going to benefit you. As you said Maurice, some with degrees or equal qualifications don't know their head from their arse. For example, some of the solicitors here are very good at their job, but seem to have a complete lack of common sense.

It doesn't - a University place relies on 3 letters, not your life.
There is more to life than Uni and grades - however, I hope do ever so well and good luck!

Love PTxx.

How did you do, PT?

I got in at Manchester with AAB :D and I've just been dancing around the house to Doll & the Kicks! xx

Hmm, not so great sadly.

Media - A
History - C
English - C

Love PTxx.

Sorry, I'm a tit, I didn't read to the end of the thread -

In which case I'll see you next year :cool:
Did you do English Language AQA by any chance? The synoptic paper was horrific, I could have walked out as soon as I sat down.

For Fine Art I got an A :), my teacher had told me in May I had the best exam results in the year but I still wasn't convinced.
Two Ds for French (my speaking exam was awful, so awful) and English Lit. (I can't write essays quickly) which is dreadfully disappointing but I can still carry on next year.
And finally for Government and Politics, the result was unclassified; which is just hilarious.

I think you can tell which subject I love, I'm just dreading the 'please try harder' lectures next year.

For Fine Art I got an A :), my teacher had told me in May I had the best exam results in the year but I still wasn't convinced.
Two Ds for French (my speaking exam was awful, so awful) and English Lit. (I can't write essays quickly) which is dreadfully disappointing but I can still carry on next year.
And finally for Government and Politics, the result was unclassified; which is just hilarious.

I think you can tell which subject I love, I'm just dreading the 'please try harder' lectures next year.

felicitations, Bryony!
j'espere que tu ne'st pas trop decu avec l'examen de francais, quoi?
monsieur E

My sister got A for Economics, B for Spanish, B for Maths and C for Critical Thinking. Not sure what she got for History, though.

Wow, really well done! It's just a shame that some of those marks weren't on your English instead. :p Were you nearly a B? I know how annoying it is to only be a few marks off the next grade boundary, but at least that means that if you retake it, you have a much higher likelihood of getting the higher grade. :)

yeah, I was not too far from a B - I know I can get it during the January re-sit exams so I am not too bothered!

Love PTxx.

Wow that was stressful. I missed my offer by getting a B in RS. Everyone says it's a marking error because it's so bad. To be honest I think I was just a bit shit. Then Cambridge being the sadistic institution it is they leave me waiting while they do something mysterious and confusing only to tell me they'll have me anyway at my original college. Ah who am I kidding i'm happy.

Back
Top Bottom