Research Help.

mlg70

HI Guys,

I am writing a paper on the great man. One part of it covers the essence of a certain morbidity within his work. As a young boy he was particularly affected by death, the Moors Murderers in particualr. I remember reading somewhere, but now can't place it, that he had an uncle who died of alcoholism. Can anyone confirm this? Or am I just going slightly mad?

Thanks in advance if you can help.

I don't remember reading that. About the uncle.

Then again, I am quite drunk.

"Beyond belief" by ( I think....) Emlyn Williams, should help you out a bit...the true story of the "Moors Murders"....I was reading it once, and a certain "Phrase" used by the author Jumped out at me, and I just KNOW ( well....my opinion only...)that that is where Morrissey got the name of his future band from......it said something about "The Smiths".

Sorry if you've already got them, but the books 'Mozipedia' (Simon Goddard) and 'Morrissey & Marr: The Severed Alliance' (Johnny Rogan) are very useful and informative; the former especially if you're talking about song lyrics and meanings.

Sorry if you've already got them, but the books 'Mozipedia' (Simon Goddard) and 'Morrissey & Marr: The Severed Alliance' (Johnny Rogan) are very useful and informative; the former especially if you're talking about song lyrics and meanings.

'Morrissey: Scandal & Passion' (David Bret) is also some essential reading. It cuts to the very core of Morrissey and peels back his rind, exposing every hidden meaning and secret he has ever had. Not to mention, the prose is beautifully articulated. :lbf:

I agree. It's either in the Family or Religion/Catholicism(?) entry in the former you'll find the info about the alcoholic uncle. He died and it turned his parents away from the church or something like that.

Thanks. I remember reading it. Defintiely not in The Severed Alliance as I've scoured it but I remember spending an hour in Waterstones a while back scanning Mozipedia and that the only book I don't possess on The Smiths/Moz.

Thanks a million.

Back
Top Bottom