Request: Lonely Planet Boy and Jobriath

This compilation has been put together and released by Morrissey and is a prime example of Jobriath’s glam uniqueness, and ultimately his upbringing is reflected in every track.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
He recorded one album (1969) with the progressive rock group Pidgeon. The record went nowhere and Jobriath split for a solo career in which released 2 albums.

Ringleader said:
He recorded one album (1969) with the progressive rock group Pidgeon. The record went nowhere and Jobriath split for a solo career in which released 2 albums.

I'd hardly call it "progressive rock".

I own the album, it's a good thing he split.
The best thing about it is the cover art which my ex-girlfriend hated.

Here's the Pidgeon album cover:

Pidgeonpoop.jpg

Just kidding.
Here it is:

pidgeon.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder why people think badly of you.
You're one of the few people in here who has a picture under its name that isn't hurtful to the eyes.
Plus, you've provided us with two wonderful links. Thank you for that.

you're welcome.

i think i'm gonna provide an interview with jobriath when he became cole berlin soon since it isn't available anywhere. in case you don't know, when jobriath was rejected by the music industry and the world he became cole berlin, a lounge singer and didn't record musik for commercial release because of lingering legal problems with elektra, the label that released the first two LPs and shelved the third one.

i have the interview in vob format so i'll convert it to avi, if that fails i'll put it up as is. it's just 5 minutes but there isn't much video footage of him anywhere so...

check back in a day or two.

peoplethinkbadlyofme said:
you're welcome.

i think i'm gonna provide an interview with jobriath when he became cole berlin soon since it isn't available anywhere. in case you don't know, when jobriath was rejected by the music industry and the world he became cole berlin, a lounge singer and didn't record musik for commercial release because of lingering legal problems with elektra, the label that released the first two LPs and shelved the third one.

i have the interview in vob format so i'll convert it to avi, if that fails i'll put it up as is. it's just 5 minutes but there isn't much video footage of him anywhere so...

check back in a day or two.

You mean this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQBBsrYe7F4

But hey, if you have a better quality version, by all means!

Thanks for the boot by the way, some of the extra tracks were Cole Berlin songs but I couldn't tell where the others came from.

@ dallow_bg

actually the interview i speak of is highlighted in that video at you tube you linked, eventually i'll post the interview i have at youtube also, but the quality will go down because of youtube's file conversion methods. the last two tracks you mentioned were actually from that interview.

if you don't know the history of jobriath's life, the interview will seem humorous. hopefully you see more. the video will go up soon.

Thanks, I look forward to it.
The more Jobriath the better.

Do you happen to have the two Midnight Special songs?

Back
Top Bottom