Request: KROQ 1997

Mr Reynolds

Would a kind soul care to share a good quality version of this session for an old war hero? Thanks...:o

Thank you Kewpie.

Is 64K the best available quality of this session then?

Thank you Kewpie.

Is 64K the best available quality of this session then?

I've asked in other threads if this is the best sound quality we can get from this, but I've received no answer. I've downloaded this from a few different sources, but they're all the same recording. Seems odd that KROQ '91 sounds so great and KROQ '97 sounds so bad.

Version I have was also lowish quality. I thought a lot of people would have recorded it, but it seems to all be from one source. I'm sure a fantastic quality version exists, though I do like the quality of this one too, just has a nice raw sound.

I've asked in other threads if this is the best sound quality we can get from this, but I've received no answer. I've downloaded this from a few different sources, but they're all the same recording. Seems odd that KROQ '91 sounds so great and KROQ '97 sounds so bad.

Was there a CD made from the '97 session? There was the one from back in '91.

I also only have the 64kbps version of the Maladjusted session. Also, mine are WMA?!?! Shame on me.

I have them at 128kbps. If you'd like a listen let me know & I'll up them tomorrow. For you, Mr Reynolds it'd be a pleasure. I'm pretty sure it's the same poor recording as everyone else has though.

Thanks Anin, but I'm getting the impression that EVERYONE has the same low quality original broadcast. I'm sure there must be a higher res crystal clear version out there somewhere...

I've got it at 128kbps as well and, yeah it's the same crappy sound.
It seems like if there was a clearer recording, we would have it, yeah?

I'm afraid the original source material is far too low resolution. All you could do is brighten something already thin. What we need is a decent copy from the master! Anyone know anyone from the radio station?

I still could never find anything like an original. I did find this from searching:

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?p=951209#post951209

hey! i dont know if this is exactly what youre looking for (actually i know its not since you asked for US and this is UK), but this is the first time ive seen someone requesting something that i might have and i had the chance to post it before someone else did! haha i get so much from this board and ive been waiting for ages to be able to contribute!

all i have is a live version of 'maladjusted' from the bbc radio. its not incredibly rare as far as i know, but hopefully you (or someone else) will get some use out of it.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/c50uf3

cheers!

love,
~glass

I don't have my good headphones handy, but it sounds a little better on my laptop speakers than the other version I have. Guess I'll keep looking for it.

Modern Rock Live 1997 download

Although this was recorded at Westwood One studios (where KROQ's Loveline resided), here in Los Angeles this aired on Y107 (107.1FM), a modern rock alternative station. Some boot CD's have falsely claimed that these songs were recorded at the Capital Studios/Capitol Records Building or at the BBC.

I downloaded these tracks back in November of 1997. I then burned these tracks on a data CD-R knowing that something like this may arise in the future;)

According to the website I originally downloaded these from, a fan named Chris originally taped this.

Here are the mp3s, the sames one you probably have but some don't, fully tagged 128kbps ea., zipped up on MU:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2SIQL7KX

hx3s4p.jpg

Re: Modern Rock Live 1997 download

although this was recorded at westwood one studios (where kroq's loveline resided), here in los angeles this aired on y107 (107.1fm), a modern rock alternative station. Some boot cd's have falsely claimed that these songs were recorded at the capital studios/capitol records building or at the bbc.

I downloaded these tracks back in november of 1997. I then burned these tracks on a data cd-r knowing that something like this may arise in the future;)

according to the website i originally downloaded these from, a fan named chris originally taped this.

Here are the mp3s, the sames one you probably have but some don't, fully tagged 128kbps ea., zipped up on mu:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2siql7kx

hx3s4p.jpg

cheers for that one

Never heard this. Nice stuff. Thanks!

(The sound is kind of sloppy on Roy's Kean, but beggars can't be choosers.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom