Request for Help - 'Thieves' support act 'Your Arsenal' tour

Richard Anvil

Hi,
I wonder if anyone can help me? I am a big fan of the short lived duo 'Thieves' who were the support act for Morriseys 1992 'Your Arsenal' tour in the UK. They were made up of David McAlmont (vocals) and Saul Freeman (instruments). David was well known for his flamboyant dress and wide vocal range. There is very little that survives from their time together and what I am trying to find is a live concert recording. Does anybody know of a bootleg of one of their performances from while they were supporting Morrisey? If you can help please email me at [email protected]

Hi Stephanie,
Thanks for the link. Having looked at it I have found the 'Thieves' opened for Morrisey at his last London concert on the 1995 'Boxers' tour. The notes state the support was 'McAlmont' but it was in fact David McAlmont & Saul Freeman - 'Thieves'. So does anyone have a bootleg of Morrissey's 'Boxers' London, Drury Lane, Theatre Royal 26th Feb 1995 concert with the support act, 'Thieves'?
Richard

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but Thieves only existed during 1992-1993. McAlmont worked under his own name from 1994 on, even if Saul Freeman was still involved in the songwriting. Ads, posters and flyers for the Boxers tour and more particularly the Drury Lane show advertised McAlmont as opening act.

Stephane (not Stephanie btw)

Back
Top Bottom