Req: The Smiths complete Peel Sessions bootleg

I had done that here on the forum a few years back, but now that I'm upgrading all my mp3s to flacs, I no longer have them.

I could probably just convert the flacs to mp3 and throw together a zip file, if you're interested. I'll have to do a bit of editing first, which shouldn't take long.

Very much appreciated.

Anyone care to take on this task? A completist collection of all the bbc sessions. In high/decent quality. I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated by all.
Thanks.

Are these actually hard to come by?

I can upload the missing sessions in 320kbps if anyone's interested. I don't know how to RAR them, so it would be a case of one at a time.

Hi The Fourth Gender,

Would you mind pm the link for the FLAC version of your compilation??? I've been looking for the ones from the Last Night... CD single for a long long time... Did you include these???

Thanks in advance,
btlg0001

These are the ones that have not been officially released. I'd love a high quality, clean version of these. Square brackets indicate the best I've found to date. All the others I have from my officially released CDs.

Wonderful Woman (Kid Jensen 26/6/83) [Asleep Bootleg]
I Don't Owe You Anything (Kid Jensen 5/9/83) [Sign Here Bootleg]
Pretty Girls Make Graves (Kid Jensen 5/9/83) [Rarities, B-Sides & The Beeb CD2]
Reel Around The Fountain (Kid Jensen 5/9/83) [Rarities, B-Sides & The Beeb CD2]
I Don't Owe You Anything (Sandie Shaw) [Reel Around The Fountain Bootleg]
Jeane (Sandie Shaw) [Reel Around The Fountain Bootleg]
How Soon Is Now? (Peel 1/8/84) [Reel Around The Fountain Bootleg]
London (Peel 2/12/86) [Shoplifters From Manchester Bootleg]
Half A Person (Peel 2/12/86) [Rarities, B-Sides & The Beeb CD2]

These are the ones that have not been officially released. I'd love a high quality, clean version of these. Square brackets indicate the best I've found to date. All the others I have from my officially released CDs.

DavidA, I don't know whether this will be of interest, 04-12-11 BBC6 Music broadcast the Peel August 84 tracks again, unlike the 25-02-11 broadcast, HSIN was played as a separate track, no crossfade (if that's the correct terminology) and there was more of the faded end than previously.

Listen again
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b017xc7v

Last edited:
DavidA, I don't know whether this will be of interest, 04-12-11, BBC6 Music broadcast the Peel August 84 tracks again, unlike the 25-02-11 broadcast, HSIN was played as a separate track, no crossfade (if that's the correct terminology) and there was more of the faded end than previously.

Listen again

Mods, please can you delete this I accidentally posted it twice, thank you.

Last edited:

DavidA, I don't know whether this will be of interest, 04-12-11 BBC6 Music broadcast the Peel August 84 tracks again, unlike the 25-02-11 broadcast, HSIN was played as a separate track, no crossfade (if that's the correct terminology) and there was more of the faded end than previously.

Listen again

Good spot. Thank you!

It's at about 54 minutes.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5454/smiths/The_Live_Music_Hour_-_04_12_2011_b017xc7v_default_hsin_peel.zip

I must apologize for dropping off the face of the earth. Got busy with "real life." However, if there's still interest in my complete BBC set (flac or mp3), it's been ready to go for a while now. I just need a good place to upload it.

Wait, are you all referring to that 'album' with the purple font and the picture of the top left corner of a cassette tape on it?

It would be great if someone could share the version mentioned here...

5G26j.png

Attachments

• 5G26j.png
    5G26j.png
    352.6 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom