Req: The Smiths complete Peel Sessions bootleg

headmusic

headmusic
Hi guys:

I found there is a bootleg with the complete Peel Sessions. Can someone of you shed a light on it? There would be very kind if any of you would share a rip of it. I don´t know if the versions of Half a Person and London are clearer than the ones we already have.

Thanks

!CFZmMEwEGk~$(KGrHqEOKpwE0VGyVY,mBNU-1DSl9g~~_12.jpg.

Re: Request for The Smiths Complete Peel Sessions Bootleg

What tracks are on it? Any idea?

This is the tracklisting according to the bay, you can easily find it there if you look. I was planning to bid but I don´t have any more information about the bootleg. Anyway, my last post was moved to the marketplace forum. There someone replied and said that its a great quality bootleg. The names are mispelled, but thay are listed like that, maybe in the bootleg itself they are correct. Now that many rarities are surfacing I that I thought it might be another one. I have never seen that before though. Do you have any other information??

IS IT REALLY SO STRANGE
RUSHOLME RUFFINS
THIS CAHRMING MAN
REEL AROUND THE FOUNTAIN
BACK TO THE OLD HOUSE
HOW SOON IS NOW
LONDON
WHAT DIFFERNECE DOES IT MAKE
HALD A PERSON
STILL ILL
WILLIAM
HADSOME DEVIL
SWEET AND TENDER
THIS NIGHT HAS OPENED

This is the tracklisting according to the bay, you can easily find it there if you look. I was planning to bid but I don´t have any more information about the bootleg. Anyway, my last post was moved to the marketplace forum. There someone replied and said that its a great quality bootleg. The names are mispelled, but thay are listed like that, maybe in the bootleg itself they are correct. Now that many rarities are surfacing I that I thought it might be another one. I have never seen that before though. Do you have any other information??

IS IT REALLY SO STRANGE
RUSHOLME RUFFINS
THIS CAHRMING MAN
REEL AROUND THE FOUNTAIN
BACK TO THE OLD HOUSE
HOW SOON IS NOW
LONDON
WHAT DIFFERNECE DOES IT MAKE
HALD A PERSON
STILL ILL
WILLIAM
HADSOME DEVIL
SWEET AND TENDER
THIS NIGHT HAS OPENED

Pretty sure all of these are easily available either on here or Limewire/Thepiratebay.
If you can't get them from there, send me a message and I'll try to send you them. Mostly pretty average stuff, but some really good stuff in there too - especially How Soon Is Now.

Many thanks to handsome devil whose download link is still available in here

If you don't mind mp3, the 'complete peel session' bootleg, individual track download, is here:-
Has London and Half A Person, actually it is not complete (title misleading) as doesn't include HSIN - which was rebroadcast BBC6 music last week, 3 days left to listen again.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00ync9h

http://www.rawkblog.net/2008/02/live-recordings-the-smiths-the-complete-peel-sessions/

There is also this one, has all 16 mp3 tracks on it, with HSIN which finishes to a fade and then John Peel says Bo Diddley, Bo Diddley etc (6mins 37secs).

http://mondo-de-muebles.blogspot.com/2009/07/smiths-peel-sessions.html

Thanks. I downloaded that 6Music show as an AAC. I'll listen later.

I'm trying to establish the best source for the Peel and Jensen sessions. Usually the radio broadcasts have some kind of speaking over the fade at the end. Sometimes Bob Mills, sometimes John Peel, sometimes David Jensen.

I was kinda hoping that the bootleg listed here would be from the BBC master tapes, but that's just wishful thinking perhaps.

smithstorrents thread about it here:
http://www.smithstorrents.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3129

I don't think that link is the same source as the bootleg listed at the top of this thread, is it?

You are right, its not the bootleg I mentioned at the top of the thread. I think its just wishful thinking to imagine that we could get hold of the master tapes, as you said, but so many stuff has surfaced that it would not be rare that the BBC session would do it soon. There is another thread with the full bootleg in the download section, started by motorways I think. But I am not sure if its from the BBC mastertapes. I will listen to it tonight. Let's hope that that the master tapes from all the BBC sessions surface soon. Lets think wishfully!! (Does it mean anything?) My english is not so good.

You can get all the peel sessions on a download on btjunkie - Wonderful Woman included. Just do a search for peel sessions and unclick all the peel sessions that you don't want to download.

I have been working (again) on upgrading my BBC sessions. This time, I'm only doing lossless flac and wav files. I've come across a number of considerable upgrades, some via the bootleg Reeling Around the Fountain. There's also the "Smiths at the Beeb" radio documentary, which I've recently found in flac. This contains very good quality versions of a few songs that have never been issued and you can fade the songs so there's no talking included.

I think the only tracks I need in lossless are the ones from the Last Night... CD single and "Miserable Lie" from the Strange Fruit Peel Sessions EP.

Anyone care to share a complete (or as complete as possible) collection of mp3s?
I have a ton of peel/jensen sessions bits and pieces, but I honestly don't know all the info. When, Where, Who, What tracks. It's a mess.
A high quality, correctly labeled, singular package would be amazing.

Please.

Anyone care to share a complete (or as complete as possible) collection of mp3s?
I have a ton of peel/jensen sessions bits and pieces, but I honestly don't know all the info. When, Where, Who, What tracks. It's a mess.
A high quality, correctly labeled, singular package would be amazing.

Please.

I had done that here on the forum a few years back, but now that I'm upgrading all my mp3s to flacs, I no longer have them.

I could probably just convert the flacs to mp3 and throw together a zip file, if you're interested. I'll have to do a bit of editing first, which shouldn't take long.

A FLAC package of everything would be tops, as well.:blushing::cool:

I am just about finished editing and would be more than happy to upload the package in both formats.

What's the best way to convert wavs to flac? Winamp? I will be using Music Match for the mp3 package. Liner notes will be included here, noting the sources and such.

Back
Top Bottom