req: sandie shaw feat the smiths-live at town and country club ,summer 86?

sistasheila

tjekket
so sandie did play a show and moz and johnnyjoines her on stage?but i thought the only time sandie and the smiths played together are at smiths shows(one 86 another one 84) where sandie h joined the smiths and not the other way round :johnny moz and co joining sandie on stage on her own show? most of the songs on the list are sandies own anyway can anyone help

THIS IS THE FOLLOWING SONG LIST.---show took place 30 th june 86

HAND IN GLOVE,

ALWAYS SOMETHING THERE TO REMIND ME,

I DON'T OWE YOU ANYTHING,

LONG LIVE LOVE,

MESSAGE UNDERSTOOD,

STEVEN,

I'LL STOP AT NOTHING,

GO JOHNNY GO,

ANYONE WHO HAD A HEART,

FREDERICK,

GIRL CALLED JOHNNY,

GIRL DON'T COME,

ARE YOU READY TO BE HEARTBROKEN,

JEANE,

HAND IN GLOVE,

TOMMOROW

Last edited:
I've asked for loads of stuff this morning, so it's about time I repaid the favours :)

I bought 2 CDs from Oxfam a few weeks ago that were given away free with the Sunday Express. They feature the gig you are looking for - but there are two songs from your list not featured (both the one about Johnny Marr), sorry.

Vol 1
Puppet on a String - from Rolf Harris Show 25th Feb 1967
I'll Stop at Nothing - Town & Country 30th June 1986
I don't owe you anything - Town & Country 30th June 1986
Long Live Love- Town & Country 30th June 1986
Message Understood- Town & Country 30th June 1986
Tomorrow- Town & Country 30th June 1986
Steven- Town & Country 30th June 1986

http://www.sendspace.com/file/18lxnp

Vol 2
There's always something there to remind me- Town & Country 30th June 1986
Anyone who had a heart- Town & Country 30th June 1986
Frederick- Town & Country 30th June 1986
Girl don't come- Town & Country 30th June 1986
Are you ready to be heart broken- Town & Country 30th June 1986
Jeanne- Town & Country 30th June 1986
Hand in glove- Town & Country 30th June 1986

http://www.sendspace.com/file/1tdymf (This link should work with full length Hand in Glove)

It doesn't say anywhere on the packaging that any of the Smiths performed at the gig, so I'll take your word for it - but there are 3 Smiths covers plus "Steven" - Which I think is actually called "Steven (you don't eat meat)"

Enjoy

Last edited:
Is it normal that Hand In Glove is cut after the end?
Thank again really great show.

It sounds ok on the CD and from my iPod...
It should be 2 minutes and 45 seconds.

The last 12 seconds sounds like Hank Marvin from the Shaddows, the a creshendo and finish.

Let me know if it sounds like that on the download, if not I'll re-do it.

Cheers
Dave
ps Thanks for uploading the other stuff from the rare & unreleased cd - keep up the good work :)

Hand in glove lasts 2'39 on the download, so when you will have the time would you please reupload it.Thank in advance.
For info, Morrissey didn't sing, but I've seen a video for Whistle test 1986 where The Smiths played with S.Shaw, so maybe for this show.

Hand in glove lasts 2'39 on the download, so when you will have the time would you please reupload it.Thank in advance.
For info, Morrissey didn't sing, but I've seen a video for Whistle test 1986 where The Smiths played with S.Shaw, so maybe for this show.

Grrrr Bloody iTunes - kept missing the last few seconds. I've now used Real Player...should all be there....the link is listed above.

Enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom