req. my dearest love

JeanneDarc

Would anybody be kind enough to upload. I heard it for the very first time today and (especially) the lyrics blew me to shyness in their vunerability.

It fits tradition to let his best work ends up on b-sides. ;) I mean it's sadistic! This one could have been a knock out single in my opinion.

These tears I'm wailing
I spill not without reason
remove them my dearest love

Where the grotesquely lonely meet the grotesquely lonely
and they whisper
just very softly
Please be mine Dearest Love

This is poetry at its finest and i'm glad and *secretely* proud I'm aware of that!! (Sorry just had to let that out) ;)

Last edited:
You find several download links from earlier threads if you scroll down this thread.

We expect the song will be in forthcoming B-side compilation "Swords" which will be released in October 2009.

I still really don't understand why people think it's one of the best songs he's ever written..
Ah well, to each his own :D

Hiya, the link seems to appear broken..

For songs that you can find online, to save time asking I'd suggest you look on youtube to find if there are any videos with montages that have the song in the background. Here is one for "My Dearest Love"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BenhJELQx7s

Now, what you do is go to an audio ripping site like listentoyoutube.com, a free service where you can extract the mp3 from a youtube video, and have the song you want. :thumb:

I still really don't understand why people think it's one of the best songs he's ever written..
Ah well, to each his own :D

It's vunerable to ask your lover to remove your tears. Not alot of people would position themselves in an inferior 'mode' like that -especially not grown up men -in my experience at least, nor talk about it....It very rare to do so and that's what makes this a special song.

It has all these little psychological jewels in its lines. That's what I like about this song. Hope I informed you.

It's vunerable to ask your lover to remove your tears. Not alot of people would position themselves in an inferior 'mode' like that -especially not grown up men -in my experience at least, nor talk about it....It very rare to do so and that's what makes this a special song.

It has all these little psychological jewels in its lines. That's what I like about this song. Hope I informed you.

But the thing is, though, it's not like something NEW for Morrissey to put himself in a vulnerable position in his lyrics. That's why he actually means something as an artist to all of us. Those of us who have felt completely powerless in love can relate to Morrissey songs in this way.

Come on to my house
Come on and do something new
I know you love one person so
why can't you love two?

Last edited:
But the thing is, though, it's not like something NEW for Morrissey to put himself in a vulnerable position in his lyrics. That's why he actually means something as an artist to all of us. Those of us who have felt completely powerless in love can relate to Morrissey songs in this way.

Come on to my house
Come on and do something new
I know you love one person so
why can't you love two?

I know that. You have a point though.

I don't know why the lyrics to My Dearest Love grap hold of me more than his other work. Because like you said, the parallels are obvious in his other work. Perhaps something subconcious. For instance I'd Love To has great lines too, yet the song itself doesn't grab me that much.

Again
I lay awake
and I cried because of waste

I'd love to
(But only with you
Only with you)

Oh, time is gonna wipe us out
There, I've said it loud and clear
So that you will hear
There's no one in view
Just you
Just you

Poetry yet I dont crave to listen to the song very often.

Last edited:
I know that. You have a point though.

I don't know why the lyrics to My Dearest Love grap hold of me more than his other work. Because like you said, the parallels are obvious in his other work. Perhaps something subconcious. For instance I'd Love To has great lines too, yet the song itself doesn't grab me that much.

Again
I lay awake
and I cried because of waste

I'd love to
(But only with you
Only with you)

Oh, time is gonna wipe us out
There, I've said it loud and clear
So that you will hear
There's no one in view
Just you
Just you

Poetry yet I dont crave to listen to the song very often.

Indeed. I actually am a fan of "I'd Love To," mostly because I'd love to hear it live with the current band :D

Anyways, take my earlier posted advice about getting ahold of the song :thumb:

Indeed. I actually am a fan of "I'd Love To," mostly because I'd love to hear it live with the current band :D

Anyways, take my earlier posted advice about getting ahold of the song :thumb:

Thanks about your recommendation but I couldnt wait anymore and obtained it through one of the links below ;-)

Back
Top Bottom