Req: Lloyd Cole and the Commotions, "Rattlesnakes"

thewarroom

Scorpion Kicker
I bought this record on vinyl recently and I absolutely love it! Trouble is, I have no way to put the audio onto my computer to burn a cd.

If someone has this album, could you please post it here?

Thanks in advance
Warrie

OHHHHH THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Anything you'd like in return? Do you like REM?

uploading now...

If anyone appreciates this--I would love to get an upload of The Negatives---a project Lloyd Cole did with Jill Sobule and others awhile back. I can't find it. Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks so much for this!

OK, can I make a request for a Glasgow based indie crooner?

If anyone has Paul Quinn's 'The Phantoms and The Archetypes' and could put it up that would be fantastic. If you'd sell it to me (I'd pay £20 for it) that would be even more fantastic...um...er.

OK, can I make a request for a Glasgow based indie crooner?

If anyone has Paul Quinn's 'The Phantoms and The Archetypes' and could put it up that would be fantastic. If you'd sell it to me (I'd pay £20 for it) that would be even more fantastic...um...er.

So it's better to pay than to get for free, eh? ;) Just busting your chops, of course.

sorry, but I've never heard of Paul Quinn. What does he sound like?

So it's better to pay than to get for free, eh? ;) Just busting your chops, of course.

sorry, but I've never heard of Paul Quinn. What does he sound like?

It is if you are a collector.

Paul Quinn is kind of like Morrissey except he could really sing. Unfortunately has now has a degenerative disease and can no longer perform or sing.

He started off in early eighties could-have-beens Bourgie Bourgie, did backing vocals for various people, recorded a single with Vince Clarke (Andy Bell was selected ahead of him for the singer role in Erasure), released some solo singles on Alan Horne's Swamplands label (including a duet with Edwyn Collins), sang with long running Glasgow indies The Jazzateers and teamed up with Alan Horne again on Postcard MkII to release his two solo albums 'The Phantoms and the Archetypes' and 'Will I Ever Be Inside Of You?'

'Will I Ever Be Inside Of You' comes heavily recommended. I'd imagine most Morrissey fans would enjoy it as it shares similar influences (especially Bowie) although it isn't straight ahead indie guitar music. The Independent Band, who Quinn recorded his solos albums with included members of The Bluebells, Orange Juice, The Commotions and The Trash Can Sinatras.

^^Yeah I was reading about that yesterday but I don't know where to find it around here.

If anyone appreciates this--I would love to get an upload of The Negatives---a project Lloyd Cole did with Jill Sobule and others awhile back. I can't find it. Thanks!

I have The Negatives-cd. Could someone re-upload Easy Pieces and Mainstream. Links are dead.

Back
Top Bottom