[REQ]Higher Rank A.K.A Unruly Girl A.K.A Kilburn 23 October 1986 Live show

Tyler

Could someone please upload this? I've been searching around but can't find any active links and torrents tend to disagree with my connection. Even just a posting of the missing tracks from Rank would be very appreciated :)

Although this is the show that was professionally recorded, edited, mixed, and released by Sire as Rank, there are also several unofficial recordings in circulation. These include a very good audience-sourced recording as well as a mixing desk-sourced version that was used as an FM broadcast. Both of these alternatives to Rank feature tracks played at the show that were not included in the final track sequence for the catalog album.

However, the soundboard-sourced bootleg also excludes certain tracks which did appear on the catalog album.

Kilburn National Ballroom (audience version)
Grade: C (good)

01. Intro
02. The Queen Is Dead
03. Panic
04. I Want The One I Can't Have
05. Vicar In A Tutu
06. There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
07. Ask
08. (Marie's The Name) His Latest Flame/Rusholme Ruffians
09. Frankly, Mr. Shankly
10. The Boy With The Thorn In His Side
11. What She Said (with Rubber Ring intro and outro)
12. Is It Really So Strange?
13. Never Had No One Ever
14. Cemetry Gates
15. London
16. Meat Is Murder
17. I Know It's Over
18. The Draize Train
19. How Soon Is Now?
20. Still Ill
21. Bigmouth Strikes Again

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qmpnv3

Kilburn National Ballroom (FM broadcast version)
Source: Soundboard
Grade: A (excellent)

01. The Queen Is Dead
02. Panic
03. Vicar In A Tutu
04. There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
05. Ask
06. Rusholme Ruffians / (Marie's The Name) His Latest Flame (medley)
07. Frankly, Mr. Shankly
08. The Boy With The Thorn In His Side
09. What She Said/Rubber Ring (medley)
10. Cemetry Gates
11. London
12. I Know It's Over
13. The Draize Train
14. How Soon Is Now?
15. Bigmouth Strikes Again

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zvou1k

Thank you for the FM broadcast! :) Been wanting to hear How Soon is Now from this in HQ for a long time. It's probably the best live version of the song they ever played.

Thank you for the FM broadcast! :) Been wanting to hear How Soon is Now from this in HQ for a long time. It's probably the best live version of the song they ever played.

I think the version on here of There Is a Light That Never Goes Out is my favorite rendition of the song; possibly with the exception of the 2004 Jools Holland performance.

...and the show is also included in the "last tour - soundboard compilation" i made few weeks ago, source of kilburn tracks are digital, dsat.

http://www.smithstorrents.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3574[/url]

rank - in full?

did 6music ever broadcast the full rank concert with the extra 7 tracks and moz talking inbetween songs? i'd love to hear them or the concert in its' fullsome goodness. can anyone help? :)

Last edited:
Tags
full live kilburn rank
Back
Top Bottom