Although this is the show that was professionally recorded, edited, mixed, and released by Sire as Rank
, there are also several unofficial recordings in circulation. These include a very good audience-sourced recording as well as a mixing desk-sourced version that was used as an FM broadcast. Both of these alternatives to Rank
feature tracks played at the show that were not included in the final track sequence for the catalog album.
However, the soundboard-sourced bootleg also excludes certain tracks which did appear on the catalog album.
Kilburn National Ballroom (audience version)
Grade: C (good)
02. The Queen Is Dead
04. I Want The One I Can't Have
05. Vicar In A Tutu
06. There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
08. (Marie's The Name) His Latest Flame/Rusholme Ruffians
09. Frankly, Mr. Shankly
10. The Boy With The Thorn In His Side
11. What She Said (with Rubber Ring intro and outro)
12. Is It Really So Strange?
13. Never Had No One Ever
14. Cemetry Gates
16. Meat Is Murder
17. I Know It's Over
18. The Draize Train
19. How Soon Is Now?
20. Still Ill
21. Bigmouth Strikes Again
Kilburn National Ballroom (FM broadcast version)
Grade: A (excellent)
01. The Queen Is Dead
03. Vicar In A Tutu
04. There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
06. Rusholme Ruffians / (Marie's The Name) His Latest Flame (medley)
07. Frankly, Mr. Shankly
08. The Boy With The Thorn In His Side
09. What She Said/Rubber Ring (medley)
10. Cemetry Gates
12. I Know It's Over
13. The Draize Train
14. How Soon Is Now?
15. Bigmouth Strikes Again